If egypt overthrows Mubarak, a Islamic Sharia law state will take over..so what if...

Re: If egypt overthrows Mubarak, a Islamic Sharia law state will take over..so what i

The new boss is already making good changes for the people, and no it can't be done overnight...so you can keep talking about what has it done...but no one expects overnight changes..Wait till they get a new system set up, and are able to actuly hold there election...and only then will you start to see the changes.

But knowing you, you will just set the bar as high as possible for as soon as possible so you can say they failed.

I find it interesting that you were all about how Egypt had a constitution that would carry thtem forward into a rosy future once the awful Mubarek was removed and when the military immediately starts a process of eliminating that constitution you ignore it.

Do yourself a favor and at least accept the possibility that things just may not turn out so hot.

Werbung:
Re: If egypt overthrows Mubarak, a Islamic Sharia law state will take over..so what i

at least the army appoligized and said it was not the intent of the higher ups to have such a thing happen...before they would have done worse and no one would ever have to question it...

No one expects a perfect change , Much like our military had no clue what to do after Saddam Fell..Egypt's army was not exactly looking to be in the position its in , and will make mistakes I have no doubt... No major revolution or change in government like this, ever has gone perfectly smooth.

O-M-G I hope you stretch before these contortions

at least the army appoligized and said it was not the intent of the higher ups to have such a thing happen...before they would have done worse and no one would ever have to question it..

No one expects a perfect change , Much like our military had no clue what to do after Saddam Fell..Egypt's army was not exactly looking to be in the position its in , and will make mistakes I have no doubt... No major revolution or change in government like this, ever has gone perfectly smooth.

So you would be forgiving if the situation in Egypt turned into what we faced in Iraq after the fall of Saddam?

The army is in charge, and they apparently still lack a real plan or direction. That is a recipe for a lot more than "not going smooth", that is a recipe for chaos and civil war.

Not having a transition plan at this point, or really any plan at all, is simply unacceptable...especially if there is to be any hope of a peaceful change.

So you would be forgiving if the situation in Egypt turned into what we faced in Iraq after the fall of Saddam?

The army is in charge, and they apparently still lack a real plan or direction. That is a recipe for a lot more than "not going smooth", that is a recipe for chaos and civil war.

Not having a transition plan at this point, or really any plan at all, is simply unacceptable...especially if there is to be any hope of a peaceful change.

They have a plan Big, set up another figurehead to keep the money flowing like always..

I find it interesting that you were all about how Egypt had a constitution that would carry them forward into a rosy future once the awful Mubarek was removed and when the military immediately starts a process of eliminating that constitution you ignore it.

Do yourself a favor and at least accept the possibility that things just may not turn out so hot.

the constitution made a Dictatorship the only option...it had to be changed in order to have free and real elections...I know how those simple facts get in the way of what you want, but does not change them.

And if you half paid attention I have many times stated that nothing is guaranteed ..But I do know one thing...living under a Oppressive Dictator was if the people had not taken action and the army done what it has done.

I am sure the Egyptian army is very sorry it did not have a plan for if the government was overthrown by the people and the the people wanted all in charge thrown out...that would be able to just be fixed in a few weeks for you.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-12589425

term limits, Judical oversight of Elections, the freedom to form Political parties..some of the things put forth so far by the army.

how about you wait till they have had a chance to actually do anything before you start talking about civil war and violence like we had in Iraq?

I am sure the Egyptian army is very sorry it did not have a plan for if the government was overthrown by the people and the the people wanted all in charge thrown out...that would be able to just be fixed in a few weeks for you.

I don't care what they are or are not sorry about... they have currently done little to establish a meaningful transition plan, and the only outcome from a lack of clarity on transition will be chaos.

term limits, Judical oversight of Elections, the freedom to form Political parties..some of the things put forth so far by the army.

Term limits, and judicial oversight of elections is their transition plan? Is that a joke? Those things sound fine, but they are meaningless when you get down to the heart of the issue. The people who took to the streets rioting are not going to be satisfied because the next President is term limited.

Where is the actual reform? Or at the very least a plan for actual reform?

how about you wait till they have had a chance to actually do anything before you start talking about civil war and violence like we had in Iraq?

Like I said...they have not even really established a roadmap for how they are going to conduct this transition....what other scenario does that remind you of?

1) Strongman removed from power.
2) Army is now in charge
3) No real plan in place for how to effectively govern or establish a new government (outside of some vague general statements)

That is how we acted in Iraq, and look what ensued...for the Egyptian Army still to not have a meaningful transition plan in place in simply unacceptable, and leaves the door wide open for domestic violence and possibly civil war. That is just a fact.

The government was seized by the military.

I don't care what they are or are not sorry about... they have currently done little to establish a meaningful transition plan, and the only outcome from a lack of clarity on transition will be chaos.

Term limits, and judicial oversight of elections is their transition plan? Is that a joke? Those things sound fine, but they are meaningless when you get down to the heart of the issue. The people who took to the streets rioting are not going to be satisfied because the next President is term limited.

Where is the actual reform? Or at the very least a plan for actual reform?

Like I said...they have not even really established a roadmap for how they are going to conduct this transition....what other scenario does that remind you of?

1) Strongman removed from power.
2) Army is now in charge
3) No real plan in place for how to effectively govern or establish a new government (outside of some vague general statements)

That is how we acted in Iraq, and look what ensued...for the Egyptian Army still to not have a meaningful transition plan in place in simply unacceptable, and leaves the door wide open for domestic violence and possibly civil war. That is just a fact.

again...they are working with all the groups to set up what they can , and figuring out what they will leave to the new leadership to change...I don't know why you think in a few days time the military could change evrything and just slap some random people in place and have what the protesters wanted...the Protesters I think understand they cant work miricles...I guess maybe you think they can.

again...they are working with all the groups to set up what they can , and figuring out what they will leave to the new leadership to change...I don't know why you think in a few days time the military could change evrything and just slap some random people in place and have what the protesters wanted...the Protesters I think understand they cant work miricles...I guess maybe you think they can.

I didn't ask for a miracle..I asked for a clear transition plan...stop arguing against something I never said.

Well...no clear transition plan in Egypt...and surprise surprise, more chaos.

Well...no clear transition plan in Egypt...and surprise surprise, more chaos.

the plan is simple: meet the new boss, same as the old boss (the generals). the only good part is that they will be less inclined to go sharia-ward.

the plan is simple: meet the new boss, same as the old boss (the generals). the only good part is that they will be less inclined to go sharia-ward.

Should have just kept the devil we knew.

Werbung:

something to be said for that but water over the dam now.

Muslim Brotherhood expected to win big in the coming elections. :rolleyes:

Back