If state provided healthcare is so bad....

Werbung:
Of course there are limits
How then do you determine what is, and what is not, a right?

Open seems to think anything essential to our survival is a right, certainly that includes; food, water, clothing, shelter, medical and dental services, a decent paying job, old age pension, etc.

Should all of those "rights" be provided by government at little, or no, cost to the individual?

How then do you determine what is, and what is not, a right?

Open seems to think anything essential to our survival is a right, certainly that includes; food, water, clothing, shelter, medical and dental services, a decent paying job, old age pension, etc.

Should all of those "rights" be provided by government at little, or no, cost to the individual?

you forgot refrigerators.

So you think itbis right to operate an healthcare system that leaves 50million of your fellow citizens bereft of healthcare in a country that could easily afford to fix this?

Another great reason to not live in the shithole that is the US

So you think itbis right to operate an healthcare system that leaves 50million of your fellow citizens bereft of healthcare in a country that could easily afford to fix this?
You did not answer my questions. Please do so.

As for your above question, it has a false premise. Nobody is denied emergency medical treatment in America, so claiming that 50 million are left without care is false. The stat you are referrencing is the 45-47 million Americans who do not have Health Insurance, which is not the same thing as being unable to obtain health care.

Your healthcare system is one if the worst in the western world

It excludes millions of people simply because they are poor forcing them to avoid seeking treatment for many maladies because they can't afford it

It wasn't that long ago that Americans were saying black people didn't have the right to vote

I guess it is no wonder you can't understand that healthcare is a right you can legitimately expect in a wealthy western democracy

Oops, I forgot, the US isn't one

Your healthcare system is one if the worst in the western world

It excludes millions of people simply because they are poor forcing them to avoid seeking treatment for many maladies because they can't afford it

It wasn't that long ago that Americans were saying black people didn't have the right to vote

I guess it is no wonder you can't understand that healthcare is a right you can legitimately expect in a wealthy western democracy

Oops, I forgot, the US isn't one

Your posts are very boring and ignorant.

In years to come, the attitude of you lot - what are you? I guess you would call yourselves regressives in a rare moment of self knowledge - to healthcare will be viewed with the same disgust as your attitude to black people a short time ago

Maybe it is no coincidence that you are so opposed to providing healthcare to all as black people are disproportionately poor

In years to come, the attitude of you lot - what are you? I guess you would call yourselves regressives in a rare moment of self knowledge - to healthcare will be viewed with the same disgust as your attitude to black people a short time ago

Maybe it is no coincidence that you are so opposed to providing healthcare to all as black people are disproportionately poor
How do you determine what is, and what is not, a "right"?

How do you determine what is, and what is not, a "right"?
I think we are determine what is right or wrong by whatever law we believe in. Some were be guided by the moral law of various religions. Others by secular law like the UN declaration of human rights, The Geneva Convention or even the Constitution.. In all these help for the poor and weak is mandated, To allow people to starve to death or die of illness that can be treated but they have no money to pay is wrong. While The USA might giver emergency health to the poor they also according to the New York Times sue them for unpaid hospital bills. Most countries do not do this.

I think we are determine what is right or wrong by whatever law we believe in. Some were be guided by the moral law of various religions. Others by secular law like the UN declaration of human rights, The Geneva Convention or even the Constitution.. In all these help for the poor and weak is mandated, To allow people to starve to death or die of illness that can be treated but they have no money to pay is wrong. While The USA might giver emergency health to the poor they also according to the New York Times sue them for unpaid hospital bills. Most countries do not do this.

well said but Gen was speaking of right as in right to free speech as opposed to the opposite of wrong.

Dogtowner is correct, you have completely missed the point of the question. I asked, HOW do YOU determine what is, and is not, a "right"? Do you make any personal effort to evaluate the merit of something you're being told is a "right", is there any thought process at all on your part, or do you simply accept that it is a "right" because others have said so?

And on a side note, nowhere in the US Constitution is it mandated that government provide assistance for the weak and poor.

Werbung:
Who gives a shit?

As Aus said quite rightly, denying healthcare to people because they are poor is immoral

You lot arguing against this are fabulous advocates for Christianity

Boy am I a glad I'm an atheist

Back