If state provided healthcare is so bad....

If you can't figure it out. . .that's your problem.

I figured out what you intended -- it was just absurd.

Yes, sure. . .so what? The fact is that people making under $25,000 pay no or very little FEDERAL taxes (although they still pay all the other taxes!). And. . .if you think clearly and rationally, it is exactly the same for people making $100,000, or $500,000 or $10 millions! THEY DO NOT PAY TAX ON THE FIRST $25,000 OF EARNINGS. . .That sounds pretty fair.
So. . .what is your complaint? That people making $25,000 a year do not pay tax on money they don't make?
Doesn't make much sense to me!

That is true -- someone making $100,000 a year does not pay taxes on their first X amount of income. My complaint is that I am being forced to subsidize the lives of those pay no taxes, and yet get rebate checks and tax benefits in return.

Class warfare has been in effect for at least 30 years. . .except that it is easy to hide, when it is only a small minority of people (1% or less) who wage "war" on the rest! Why do you think the income inequality has sky rocketed in the US? Because the Poor and the middle class are "waging class warfare on the poor wealthy 1%?

Are you saying that income inequality is on the rise because the rich take money from the poor? Where is the evidence? I could just as easily claim that income inequality is rising as government expands.

And, you're right. I wasn't very happy with the BANK bailouts because that money was given to people who created the problem to start with by their greed and their stupidity. They created instruments of doom, and even when they realize it, instead of backing off and trying to fix the huge problems they had provoked, they "bought insurance" to cover THEIR asses. . .but not that of the majority of peole. And still, they were stupid enough to buy that "insurance" from people like AIG who used the little guy's money to "supposedly" cover the greed of the banks and Wall Street. . .but didn't have enough to cover it. . .so the government had to do it.

Why did the "government have to do it" exactly?

However, if instead of hoping for a "trickle down" of the bailout money, that would ALSO benefit the people who lost so much (and who could truly not afford it), they should have used a "bubble up" bailout. . .by providing the money to people in trouble with their mortgage, who would then have been able to pay their mortgage and thus kept the banks going anyway!

Why in the world should I be forced to pay for someone else's house?

Werbung:
Number one for health spending

Number 37 for quality

Not only is your system internationally recognised as one that is immoral

It is also very expensive and shit

And plenty of people can't afford health insurance

Go and watch that link I posted under 'this is america' and see what your Christian country does to its own citizens

The US is retarded

I figured out what you intended -- it was just absurd.

That is true -- someone making $100,000 a year does not pay taxes on their first X amount of income. My complaint is that I am being forced to subsidize the lives of those pay no taxes, and yet get rebate checks and tax benefits in return.

Are you saying that income inequality is on the rise because the rich take money from the poor? Where is the evidence? I could just as easily claim that income inequality is rising as government expands.

Why did the "government have to do it" exactly?

Why in the world should I be forced to pay for someone else's house?

If you do not know why someone who has so much money that he doesn't know what to do with it should help others who do not have the same chances to be born in a family who has passed inheritance money from generation to generations, taking advantage of all the tax breaks and loopholes for the wealthy that have been made into laws by the same group of elite people over generations. . .and you are a Christian. . .I have nothing more to explain or to discuss with you.

You seem to live in a world of emotional desert and self-centered reward. I didn't see you that way, so I am disapointed.
But. . .oh well. . .that's what runawy capitalism and entitlement of the wealthy does for one's soul.

Have a nice life.

BTW what is wrong with sharing a tiny bit of your wealth so that everyone can get good healthcare?

Seems to me that you would have to a real shit to object

That is why most western nations don't

Only the mad USA

If you do not know why someone who has so much money that he doesn't know what to do with it

I do have a plan for what I am doing with my money -- I certainly don't have wads of cash stuffed under the mattress as you seem to imply. I have an investment plan, business plans etc.

should help others who do not have the same chances

I probably give more to charity every year than most people earn. Lets not pretend I am not helping anyone here.

I have created jobs, I have supported numerous charities -- and you tell me I am not helping?

to be born in a family who has passed inheritance money from generation to generations, taking advantage of all the tax breaks and loopholes for the wealthy that have been made into laws by the same group of elite people over generations. . .

I operate under the same tax code that everyone else does.

and you are a Christian. . .I have nothing more to explain or to discuss with you.

Let's not pretend that being "rich" and being "Christian" cannot coexist.

You seem to live in a world of emotional desert and self-centered reward.

Why? Because I believe I shouldn't be forced to subsidize the existence of others unless I want to?

I didn't see you that way, so I am disapointed.
But. . .oh well. . .that's what runawy capitalism and entitlement of the wealthy does for one's soul.

Have a nice life.

Sounds like you are having a bad day.

The bible says it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than form a camel to go through the eye of a needle

Yet another of the inconvenient bits eh big rob?

The bible says it is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than form a camel to go through the eye of a needle

Yet another of the inconvenient bits eh big rob?

Seeing as how I don't take the bible literally..no, its not all that inconvenient.

But if you want to nitpick about bible verses, here you go:

All from Proverbs:

"The blessing of the Lord brings wealth, without painful toil for it."
"He who works his land will have abundant food, but he who chases fantasies lacks judgment" (12:11).
"All hard work brings a profit, but mere talk leads only to poverty" (14:23).
  • "Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring wealth. He who gathers crops in the summer is a wise son, but he who sleeps during harvest is a disgraceful son" (10:4,5).
  • "One who is slack in his work is a close relative of one who destroys" (18:9).
  • "Sluggards do not plow in season; so at harvest time they look but find nothing" (20:4).
  • "The cravings of sluggards will be the death of them, because their hands refuse to work" (21:25).
  • "I went past the field of a sluggard, past the vineyard of someone who has no sense; thorns had come up everywhere, the ground was covered with weeds, and the stone wall was in ruins. I applied my heart to what I observed and learned a lesson from what I saw: A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest--and poverty will come on you like a thief and scarcity like an armed man" (24:30-34).
2 Thessalonians 3:10 says, "If a man will not work, he shall not eat."

More here

Oh so you have some ability to interpret the bible accurately and to know which bits are literal and which aren't?

Interesting

Wonder why so many versions of christianity exist when they could all come to you for clarity

How utterly ridiculous

I do have a plan for what I am doing with my money -- I certainly don't have wads of cash stuffed under the mattress as you seem to imply. I have an investment plan, business plans etc.

I probably give more to charity every year than most people earn. Lets not pretend I am not helping anyone here.

I have created jobs, I have supported numerous charities -- and you tell me I am not helping?

I operate under the same tax code that everyone else does.

Let's not pretend that being "rich" and being "Christian" cannot coexist.

Why? Because I believe I shouldn't be forced to subsidize the existence of others unless I want to?

Sounds like you are having a bad day.

No. I'm having a pretty good day, actually.
I just need to get used to the idea that the "power" to "choose" what to do with one money is more important than helping people.

I'm glad you feel so good about yourself and all the "charity" you provide to "worthy" people. The rest, those who do not cross your path, or those whom the "right people" do not feel need or are worthy of help. . .the hell with them, right?

As I said. . .have a good, control filled, self-righteous life.

In the link I posted under 'this is America' it shows a CNN debate between the retardlican candidates

The anchors poses a scenario to them...

Suppose a man is in a coma and will die if he doesn't get healthcare and has no insurance, should we let him die?

There are screams of yes from the audience and not one of the candidates suggested that is in anyway immoral to allow your fellow citizens to die an unavoidable death due to lack of healthcare

To decent human beings this is shocking.

It demonstrates that relatively small amounts of money have a higher value than human life in the US and there is nothing more revelatory and obscene about your fucked nation than that

Oh so you have some ability to interpret the bible accurately and to know which bits are literal and which aren't?

Interesting

Wonder why so many versions of christianity exist when they could all come to you for clarity

How utterly ridiculous

Way to argue against something I never stated. :rolleyes:

What about the statement "I don't take the bible literally" translates to you as "I pick and choose what I want to view literally"?

Werbung:
No. I'm having a pretty good day, actually.
I just need to get used to the idea that the "power" to "choose" what to do with one money is more important than helping people.

Do you seriously not see the difference between being forced to do something and choosing to do something? I choose to help people everyday -- not sure why opposing being forced to do so somehow makes me some horrible person in your mind.

I'm glad you feel so good about yourself and all the "charity" you provide to "worthy" people. The rest, those who do not cross your path, or those whom the "right people" do not feel need or are worthy of help. . .the hell with them, right?

What is it exactly that you do to help these people? Donate? Great me too. Pay taxes? Great me too. What is it that you do that I don't exactly that lets you make some pathetic attempt at claiming moral high ground?

No -- I can't, and wont, help everyone-- nor do you, nor does the government. What makes the government method better than me getting to decide?

As I said. . .have a good, control filled, self-righteous life.

So I suppose its your right to change it for me?

Back