If we adopted Canada's national health care system, where would sick Canadians go?

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America..." Hummm...seems like that could be interpreted to mean just that.

Well I prefer to not interpret the Constitution and read it as is. They enumerated exactly what they believed government's responsibility was in the following sections.

The Constitution is not a "living" document. If you want to change it, they put a system in place for that -- it's called an amendment. But I don't think it's right to just ignore the Constitution because it gets in the way of big government entitlement programs.

Werbung:
Well I prefer to not interpret the Constitution and read it as is. They enumerated exactly what they believed government's responsibility was in the following sections.

The Constitution is not a "living" document. If you want to change it, they put a system in place for that -- it's called an amendment. But I don't think it's right to just ignore the Constitution because it gets in the way of big government entitlement programs.
I apologize for getting into this argument with you. From your comments it is clear that you should not bother taking the Mensa test. You can go back to watching sports, drinking beer and scratching your nuts...I will not bother you again; there is no point. By the way, the stuff I quoted was directly taken from the Constitution.

Werbung:
Just to give t his pot one more stir:

Wouldn't doing something about the 16% of the GDP that goes to health care, bringing down the cost of the most expensive health care system on Earth, be promoting the general welfare? I'll bet GM execs would think so, as would anyone on the paying end of that impossibly costly system of ours.

Back