In age of Trump, evangelicals back self-styled top U.S. pimp

Werbung:
Do you think they'll remember the Civil Rights Act for that long? So far, so good.
They remember the great society a lot better. Since it was a Republican Congress that passed civil rights while the Democrats fought it TV hey seem to have forgotten it.

They remember the great society a lot better. Since it was a Republican Congress that passed civil rights while the Democrats fought it TV hey seem to have forgotten it.
What does the great society have to do specifically with blacks? I'm not black, but I benefit greatly from one of those programs: Medicare. Without that, we senors would not have access to health care.

What does the great society have to do specifically with blacks? I'm not black, but I benefit greatly from one of those programs: Medicare. Without that, we senors would not have access to health care.
Before Medicare, healthcare was affordable.
It had to be.

Before Medicare, healthcare was affordable.
It had to be.
You mean back in the early '60s? Yes, it was much more affordable then than it is now. Since then, medical costs have outstripped inflation pretty consistently. Do you blame Medicare for that?

Example: When my son was born in '69, about four years after Medicare, we had to pay out of pocket. The total cost for a normal childbirth and an overnight stay in the hospital was $250. In today's dollars, that's about $2,500. Now, the same thing costs around $30,000. Few expectant mothers are on Medicare.

You mean back in the early '60s? Yes, it was much more affordable then than it is now. Since then, medical costs have outstripped inflation pretty consistently. Do you blame Medicare for that?

Example: When my son was born in '69, about four years after Medicare, we had to pay out of pocket. The total cost for a normal childbirth and an overnight stay in the hospital was $250. In today's dollars, that's about $2,500. Now, the same thing costs around $30,000. Few expectant mothers are on Medicare.
Yes I blame Medicare for that.
Deep pockets altered the paradigm dramatically and wage controls added their part. Government is never the solution, always the problem.

Where did health insurance come from ?
Came from not being able to raise wages.
The AMA gas been busy on K Street for a long time.
Oh, I see. You're right.

And now, health insurance is a must. Costs are just too high for the average person to be able to afford to get sick or in an accident.

or have a baby.

and you think that is the fault of health insurance. You just might have a point, at least partially. There are other factors as well, such as:
Technological innovation. the MRI machine is not free.
price gouging: cornering the market on pharmaceuticals, then raising the cost by a factor of 10,000.
someone has to pay for all those pill commercials we are seeing now, but didn't used to see at all.

Oh, I see. You're right.

And now, health insurance is a must. Costs are just too high for the average person to be able to afford to get sick or in an accident.

or have a baby.

and you think that is the fault of health insurance. You just might have a point, at least partially. There are other factors as well, such as:
Technological innovation. the MRI machine is not free.
price gouging: cornering the market on pharmaceuticals, then raising the cost by a factor of 10,000.
someone has to pay for all those pill commercials we are seeing now, but didn't used to see at all.
And it all started with the government.
By design.

Werbung:
Back