Indiana and NC Primaries Thread

Bunz

Hi Folks,
I think today is going to be a big one when it comes to wrapping up the long and drawn out democratic primary. The pundits say if either candidate wins both states that will catapult them to the nomination. I am predicting a clear Obama win in NC of more than 5 points and if he loses Indiana by less than 5 points, if this happens he will squeak his way into the democratic nominee.
What say you?

As a side note, turnout was heavy again. In the 12 or so years I have been following politics I have never heard so much about heavy turnout. I think its amazing that people are turning out in droves like this. Anyone think the general election will be among the highest turnout since 1960?

Also, I think if anyone just updates this thread with results etc as they come in it would be convenient. Please, discuss....

Werbung:
He's got NC sewed up. What's the estimated point lead Hillary needs in Indiana to safely stay in the race? Or doesn't it matter as long as she takes Indiana as a win. Anyone know?

He is running away with it big in NC. Right now CNN is repoting a 26point lead! 26 points is a pretty decisive A$$ whoopin. But he is trailing in Indiana. At first it was 14 points, but now it is down to 6. Certainly he would much rather have a victory, but if the difference can get under 5 points or even squeak out a close win it will be big.
If Hillary win Indiana, it obviously means we keep doing this for another month or so. Which is disappointing for me. But its out of my hands.

As a side note, I just heard a snippit, but apparently Hillary had to give her campaign another big financial boost from her own pocket. That is not a good signal for her.
So until they call Indiana it will be close.

I guess she's flat out lost the popular vote now, by the numbers. It's been her item to cling to..doesn't look good for Hillary.

I guess she's flat out lost the popular vote now, by the numbers. It's been her item to cling to..doesn't look good for Hillary.

at some point they are going to have to remember this country has 50 states and not 48. Obama wont like it but those people have a right to have their vote count too. No matter what they will count in November but they should be heard now too.

at some point they are going to have to remember this country has 50 states and not 48. Obama wont like it but those people have a right to have their vote count too. No matter what they will count in November but they should be heard now too.

Frankly, I don't understand it. If the Dem. Committee warned Michigan not to do it early, or it won't count, why did they do it?

Just looked it up...http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/03/06/dems.delegates/index.html ...it doesn't explain why the two states violated the rules 'tho.

Because they wanted to. States rights. States have more rights than any party. When we let parties (ANY PARTIES) have say over weather or not you as an American's vote will count...... that is just crazy! The repubs shouldnt of counted thiers as half either. We have States rights. no party should be able to bully us around.

I guess the Republican Governor and Legislature were the ones to move the date up in FL. I just don't get how they can do this. It's like saying screw the pistol in a foot race.

I guess the Republican Governor and Legislature were the ones to move the date up in FL. I just don't get how they can do this. It's like saying screw the pistol in a foot race.

It's true that Florida was mostly done by the Repubs but again either way. Every state has the right to have their primary's when they want to. As Americans we did a really stupid thing by GIVING our rights over to these parties to say when and where we can do what ever.

Its our own fault, WE let it happen but WE should wake up and say enough is enough. no party is going to tell us when we can vote or if our votes can be counted.

Because they wanted to. States rights. States have more rights than any party. When we let parties (ANY PARTIES) have say over weather or not you as an American's vote will count...... that is just crazy! The repubs shouldnt of counted thiers as half either. We have States rights. no party should be able to bully us around.

States rights have little to do with it in the context you are assuming. This is not a general election these are for party nominations. These elections are run by the state parties. Not the state government necessarily. The parties pay for them the first time around generally. Michigan and Florida were given fair warning. I dont agree with the situation, if it were up to me, all the primaries would be on the same day. Open to either party, but one can only choose on ballot. Base it on a popular vote, or through the college. But either way, this year has been an improvement over past years. But the system is screwed up.

Its our own fault, WE let it happen but WE should wake up and say enough is enough. no party is going to tell us when we can vote or if our votes can be counted.

That's true but this is not the GE and in a sense it's just a lousy nominee election, not much different than a VFW or Elks Club election for their Grand Pooba only a grander scale. If it's messed up, they can re-do it, unlike the GE where you have opposing parties and it's a done deal. I don't equate it to the chad fiasco in FL, that's the World Series of votes, no redo's. The Dem's have complete decision making control on this deal.

Obama is getting over 90% of the black vote (hmmmmmmm, appears "race still matters" even with the black folks?) so the north carolina win is expected.
Exit polls I've heard on TV have 45% of Hillary supporters saying they won't vote for Obama on election day. It's votes lost for Obama if a good chunk of these people do stay home, and if McCain can court any of them to vote for him, which he very well may do being a "moderate", that would be a double whammy.

Seems like dear ol' Hillary's election train has ground to a sudden and terminal halt.

I heard on the radio this morning that her campaign managers have gone out looking for more funds and oppinion is that they are going to find a lot of closed wallets. Looks like in all reality that she's finished.

Question now is who's going to get her votes in the BIG ONE in November McCain or Obama, LIBS calls the race vote question which I agree could be important - who gets the white working class vote?

Werbung:
Not surprising last nights results. N.C. predominately black, the county that held up the final outcome in Indiana, also predominately black. Why wont people just admit that they do not want to vote for a black candidate instead of saing they will just not vote. This country is still racially divided, always had been. College kids are more liberal and Obama was like a rock star, they love large crowds and screaming. You reap what you sow. It is their lives that will be affected. I am of another generation. These super delegatges who are jumping ship is typical of politicians. Everyone wants a sure winner.
This is going to be very intersting. I am afaraid it is going to be a disaster in the end.
God Bless America. Be careful what you wish for, you just may get it.

Back