Info on TX Governor Rick Perry

Perry was out jogging with his daughter's Labrador in 2010. A wild coyote threatened the dog, so Perry drew a small Ruger pistol and shot the coyote. He regularly carries a pistol while jogging, to deal with snakes and other such wildlife.

Of course, some animal-rights acivists protested. Perry's reply: "Don't attack my dog or you might get shot ... if you're a coyote."

Ruger now makes a special edition of that pistol, called the Coyote Special.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/bizarre&id=7458793

Hrmm... Well I like that but something about him feels "wrong" to me...

If he gets the nod, he will get my vote but I hope who ever the R's pick it's the best possible candidate.

Thanks for posting info on him. I like the updates

Werbung:
The purpose of the thread isn't really to provide "updates". That's just a result of my not knowing much about the guy at first.

The purpose of the thread is to (eventually) present ALL relevant info about the candidate in one place... so demagogues can't point to one isolated characteristic and say, "Due to this, this candidate isn't worth voting for", while carefully ignoring the tradeoffs that are necessary with every candidate.

There is NO perfect candidate... something the demagogues are hoping you'll forget.

Pleasee,, No more idiots from Texas. Its bad enough we had the last one.
RW-george-bush-idiot.jpg

Let us all pause and reflect on the last Governer of Texas to become president, the egregious George W Bush who came to power when the federal debt was

$5,727,776,738,304.64

and left when the debt was...er..

$10,626,877,048,913.08

Well done George.

Beat that Rick

Comrade Stalin

Hrmm... Well I like that but something about him feels "wrong" to me...

If he gets the nod, he will get my vote but I hope who ever the R's pick it's the best possible candidate.

Thanks for posting info on him. I like the updates

Why would anyone go to the polls to vote for a candidate who feels "wrong" to them? I can understand not voting for anyone, but I do not understand the voting for a man who feels "wrong".

Rick Perry is trying to scoop up the Ron Paul vote by pretending to be a libertarian, but of course he isn't,. He is just an opportunist and your feeling that he is "wrong" will only get stronger as we learn more about this tier three candidate.

Let us all pause and reflect on the last Governer of Texas to become president, the egregious George W Bush who came to power when the federal debt was

$5,727,776,738,304.64

and left when the debt was...er..

$10,626,877,048,913.08

Well done George.

Beat that Rick !!

Comrade Stalin

There are racists, not too much doubt about that. There are a lot of racists in America, and they do not want Barack Obama as President.

Then there are others who do not like Obama as a person, and/or don't like his policies, or how he pursues his policies.

Then there is that especially nasty large group of people who are racist and don't like being called racist, and bellow and squeal about it, even when no one is saying word one. When I hear that, I begin to wonder what they are so sensitive about.

I have been around awhile. I grew up in Detroit. I know racism when I see it. Most of the racism I have experienced or witnessed, was by blacks.

I can honestly say I have meet only a few whites who I would classify as racists and most of them were years ago. I know this is anecdotal and may not represent the larger population.

Can you please provide any reliable source information to back your outrageous contentions?

Why would anyone go to the polls to vote for a candidate who feels "wrong" to them? I can understand not voting for anyone, but I do not understand the voting for a man who feels "wrong".

Rick Perry is trying to scoop up the Ron Paul vote by pretending to be a libertarian, but of course he isn't,. He is just an opportunist and your feeling that he is "wrong" will only get stronger as we learn more about this tier three candidate.

I can not vote in the republican primary so I wont be voting anyway

In the general if my two choices are perry or obama its a no brainer :)

If my two choices in the general are paul or obama I might either not vote or find a 3d party to vote for

I could never vote for obama so I am hoping that who ever gets the not I at least like some stuff about them

I can not vote in the republican primary so I wont be voting anyway

In the general if my two choices are perry or obama its a no brainer :)

If my two choices in the general are paul or obama I might either not vote or find a 3d party to vote for

I could never vote for obama so I am hoping that who ever gets the not I at least like some stuff about them
Now, let me admit right off first and fast, that I am not being nosy about you personally, so if it sounds like I am, just shut me down.

This may be wrong, but don't I remember reading posts where you admitted to at one time having a communal view for society? I just do not understand how one can swing from so far to the left to so far to the right as it seems you have?

I also am curious as to what obligations you believe we as humans have to our community? Is rugged individualism really a goal in America? It was the store keeper, the factory worker, and the farmer who made America great. It wasn't Wyatt Earp, John Wayne, and Dirty Harry.

I just do not understand how one can swing from so far to the left to so far to the right as it seems you have?

We are born with nothing, no knowledge. Throughout life we learn, some more then others, some sooner than others. New things we learn, may convince us that what we used to believe in fact doesn't work. Hence the changes others see in us, sometimes profound changes.

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas said it best. Someone pointed out to him that he was once a yelling, fist-in-the-air, angry liberal radical; but now he is a dedicated conservative supporting small govt and personal responsibility. They asked him why.

His reply: "I grew up."

Another popular way of expressing the development many of us go through: "If you aren't liberal at age 20, you have no heart. And if you aren't conservative by age 40, you have no brain."

Modern liberalism - the philosophy that says we are better off with government influencing large parts of our private lives, guiding us, sometimes coercing us to do the right thing - looks good to those who have not delved deeply into human nature and the effects on people of a controlling authority, in comparison to the effects on people of personal responsibility and bing the ONLY one in control of your fate. Sometimes it takes a lot of "growing up" (in Thomas's phrase) to arrive at conclusions that match reality. And those conclusions usually come later in life, than the conclusions that lead people to liberalism.

We are born with nothing, no knowledge. Throughout life we learn, some more then others, some sooner than others. New things we learn, may convince us that what we used to believe in fact doesn't work. Hence the changes others see in us, sometimes profound changes.

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas said it best. Someone pointed out to him that he was once a yelling, fist-in-the-air, angry liberal radical; but now he is a dedicated conservative supporting small govt and personal responsibility. They asked him why.

Another popular way of expressing the development many of us go through: "If you aren't liberal at age 20, you have no heart. And if you aren't conservative by age 40, you have no brain."

Modern liberalism - the philosophy that says we are better off with government influencing large parts of our private lives, guiding us, sometimes coercing us to do the right thing - looks good to those who have not delved deeply into human nature and the effects on people of a controlling authority, in comparison to the effects on people of personal responsibility and bing the ONLY one in control of your fate. Sometimes it takes a lot of "growing up" (in Thomas's phrase) to arrive at conclusions that match reality. And those conclusions usually come later in life, than the conclusions that lead people to liberalism.

Well said.

And, sadly some people never grew up...they stay liberals all their lives and the muck up the system.

Werbung:

If Clarence Thomas is your role model for adult behavior, you got to be re-thinking your position.

lmao

Back