Is Communism dying in China?

Cruella and Johnny Tremain. Australia can not change its geography . We are now the last white country left in Asia. Australian political leaders have emphasize we are part of Asia. The government wants to keep up the American alliance, even having American troops based here. Your Secretary of state Clinton is visiting us. However some rogue ex Primeministers are making speeches saying we should be closer to Asia even if these means by not being so close to the USA.

China is the major economic and political power in this region so is important to us. Indonesia is our closest neighbour and is growing in power.If china wants to control the Pacific will the USA defend us?
Why don’t you spend less on your health care and other fluffy programs and get a strong military to defend yourself. Let your people be armed so they can defend you. Other countries need to start defending their self instead of expecting us to do it for them all the while complaining that we don’t take spend enough taking care of our citizens like they think we should.

It’s going to be a rude awakening when you are in trouble and no one is there to help :(

Werbung:
Cruella and Johnny Tremain. Australia can not change its geography . We are now the last white country left in Asia. Australian political leaders have emphasize we are part of Asia. The government wants to keep up the American alliance, even having American troops based here. Your Secretary of state Clinton is visiting us. However some rogue ex Primeministers are making speeches saying we should be closer to Asia even if these means by not being so close to the USA.

China is the major economic and political power in this region so is important to us. Indonesia is our closest neighbour and is growing in power.If china wants to control the Pacific will the USA defend us?

If you think China doesn't have designs on controlling the Southern Pacific don't be surprised when they succeed. You want to go along with the belief that it's all going to be okay, but that just means you haven't understood history.

Gipper, I agree that at the Moment Chins poses no threat to Australia. That what the new leadership says. However it is become the great power of the region. Other great powers in the past have eventually try to take over their neighbours in particular if they have valuable minerals. Japan was the last example of this. Being short of minerals China might try to take them from us by conquest not just trade as Pandora suggest. We are a country of 22 Million and could not defend ourselves alone even if we triple our defense spending. We will always rely on big and powerful friends. It used to be Britain but they let us down in WW2. Than it was the USA. Now we are told the USA will not defend us. Perhaps we should draw up an alliance with other Asian countires.

China is only interested in natural resources in Africa and Australia and it's unlikely to grab remote territories outside Asia militarily as long as it can secure access to resources but the territories in China's close proximity could be gobbled up militarily and Taiwan would be the first candidate and the disputed Senkaku islands may be next because it has strong historical claims to those territories and fanatical nationalism is on the rise in China.

They can have them.
We'll find another.
Or they would.
No way to prevent them from acquiring bases.
Azores--are pretty remote, not that strategically placed.
And--BTW--easy to attack in a pinch

All they really want is a landing base with a runway.

It amazes me when people discount this stuff. I don't think you realize what their long range plans are.

It amazes me when people discount this stuff. I don't think you realize what their long range plans are.

They VERY will soon be the most powerful nation on Earth--than in decades to come greatly surpass all the others.
It is--an historical inevitability which cannot be stopped.
Unless someone wants to try an all-out nuclear war--in which case they would still win--
because their population could take a much bigger hit and survive.

America was fun--while it lasted.
It got spoiled, arrogant and decided to become a welfare state.
It will LIVE like a welfare state in the future.
The young people today--the OWS folks, et al, are going to be shocked--no--electrified by what their future is going to be.
There will be no money.
Do they think it grows on trees?
Even printed "paper" money is made of cloth (25% linen, 75% cotton).
I hope they take comfort in knowing it is what they voted for and believed in.
They will be depressed beyond human imagining when they harken back to mommy and daddy and "free stuff".
Hunger and poverty and homelessness will greet them with open arms.
When you cannot even begin to compete with the manufacturing and creativity of other nations--you're shot.
I mean--WHERE do they think the cash is going to come from?
Taxing the "rich" again and again and again and again?

There will be no "rich". They will be smart enough to re-locate.
It will be fascinating when the poor will be asked to take care of the poor. :eek:

Cruella, China is on the march. I do not think their aim is to acquire bases . It would like the USA to have less bases in the region. It has already protested about the Americans sending troops to Darwin, They might want Taiwan or some near bye islands. Australia is netural on these issues. I am not sure they want Australia. They make plenty of money out of our trade. They get many of their students trained here and we are even a market for tourists, As long as we do not deny them this I think they will not attack us. The war with Japan was started by various countries refusing to trade with them. >AS Clinton said military power is not everything. As long as both China and Australia grows rich in this relationship why would anyone want to change.

They VERY will soon be the most powerful nation on Earth--than in decades to come greatly surpass all the others.
It is--an historical inevitability which cannot be stopped.
Unless someone wants to try an all-out nuclear war--in which case they would still win--
because their population could take a much bigger hit and survive.

America was fun--while it lasted.
It got spoiled, arrogant and decided to become a welfare state.
It will LIVE like a welfare state in the future.
The young people today--the OWS folks, et al, are going to be shocked--no--electrified by what their future is going to be.
There will be no money.
Do they think it grows on trees?
Even printed "paper" money is made of cloth (25% linen, 75% cotton).
I hope they take comfort in knowing it is what they voted for and believed in.
They will be depressed beyond human imagining when they harken back to mommy and daddy and "free stuff".
Hunger and poverty and homelessness will greet them with open arms.
When you cannot even begin to compete with the manufacturing and creativity of other nations--you're shot.
I mean--WHERE do they think the cash is going to come from?
Taxing the "rich" again and again and again and again?

There will be no "rich". They will be smart enough to re-locate.
It will be fascinating when the poor will be asked to take care of the poor. :eek:

I have a hard time believing China will be the most powerful nation militarily and economically in the near future. The corruption and fraud committed by their government far exceeds even the USA. Something like 3/4 of their people live in terrible poverty and many are illiterate.

Secondly why should we be concerned about another nation setting up foreign bases and building a vast navy, when we have done that very thing.

You watch what the damn neocons and libs do if China tries to expand their influence militarily. These bastards will get us into a major war to enrich themselves and gain more power.

The threat of communism doesn't seem to be a big deal to anyone anymore. Too bad.

Werbung:
Back