Is this any way to make laws?

PLC1

Staff member
Congress just passed a continuing resolution to fund the government at least until September.

So, after September, no more federal government.

Not really, of course, and that's not my point anyway. I digress.

In the middle of that continuing resolution was a provision to allow growers to use genetically modified organisms while the safety of those organisms are being debated by the courts.

Now, that provision may or may not be a good idea, but what about the way it was passed?

We have an important bill, and someone anonymously slips a totally unrelated proviso into it. Special interests love this process, as it is a way to get favorable regulations passed without even identifying the politicians whose hands have been greased to get it passed.

Here's an article about the bill. There are lots more on the internet.

"It means that if someone is powerful enough, adept enough or stealthy enough to slip a special interest rider into one of these bills, they get a free ride out of it," DeFazio says. "It is a horrible way to run government, but it does open the door to a select few who have enough clout or have made enough campaign contributions to get someone to do a special favor."

That sums up the problem quite nicely.

Werbung:
Bad enough govt has amounted to CRs for I dont know how long now but where one would assume that spending could not increase it.does dramatically. and now this...

time to flush the DC toilet.

Bad enough govt has amounted to CRs for I dont know how long now but where one would assume that spending could not increase it.does dramatically. and now this...

time to flush the DC toilet.

Yes, it is.

and nothing will change until we, the people, demand that it does.

Werbung:
Yes, it is.

and nothing will change until we, the people, demand that it does.

yup.

only problem is that the parasites have the votes now to maintain the status quo.
at least for now. its a fine line between walking on the bloody edge and financial collapse.

Back