is this offensive to Arab-Americans?

I don't understand why people do this... what do they have to gain? He could work for whoever made the film, trying to spread it round.

Werbung:
to which the response was that most Muslims are Arabs.
Actually that is not true. Iran and Turkey contain large Persian population. Africa has a lot of Muslims that are not Arabic. And even if this leaves Arabs as the mode... the place with the most Muslims on the planet is the Indian subcontinent. The people living in India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh are not Arabs.

Hmmm

And who invited you to settle here?

Western [moreover American] and Christian advocates. Anyhow, I'm partly British anyway and certainly the practicer of the Anglican lifestyle. It is appalling how you would even attempt to defend the reality of Muslims in America. Such a radically dangerous liberal position is beyond wreckless stupidity and it's certainly not American.

Don't associate yourself with Britain, you're not British in all honesty, and you certainly don't lead an Anglican lifestyle. British people in general don't endorse racism, homophobia and various other resentments based on peoples beliefs, creeds and places of origin. I don't think you would be an appreciate nextdoor neighbour to most people living in the Western world.

Muslims in America are dangerous? All of them?

Actually that is not true.

I'm aware, but (a) I'm not the one who said they were, and (b) correcting the opposition's faulty points was not my goal, correcting their faulty logic was.

Isnt Indonesia mostly Muslim too?

Last I heard, it is the single largest Muslim nation (population-wise) in the world.

Muslims in America are dangerous? All of them?

If recent polls are any indication, fully a third or so of them are. :lol:

If recent polls are any indication, fully a third or so of them are. :lol:

Those polls you're referencing would be the study done on whether or not American Muslims believe suicide attacks can be justified, right? Tell me, in your world does expressing an opinion in words to a poll make one dangerous?

Those polls you're referencing would be the study done on whether or not American Muslims believe suicide attacks can be justified, right? Tell me, in your world does expressing an opinion in words to a poll make one dangerous?

Would you feel comfortable and safe around a man who thinks that, from time to time, it is not only morally justifiable but imperative to kill children?

At any rate, why bother me? I'm not the one saying all Muslims are dangerous, just the obviously cretinous ones.

Would you feel comfortable and safe around a man who thinks that, from time to time, it is not only morally justifiable but imperative to kill children?

Comfortable? No. Safe? As much as ever. People are allowed their opinions. I know plenty of people who believe the American usage of atomic weaponry in WWII was perfectly justified and I feel no less safe around them. How many children died when we dropped the atomic bomb on Hiroshima and Nagasaki? For that matter, how many children died in our firebombing raids on Dresden and Tokyo?

And by the way, the statistic was that 1 out of 4 Muslim-American youths believe that suicide attacks are at least sometimes justified. Take a look at the wording. We don't know how many of those 1 out of 4 believe that suicide attacks that kill children are imperative because that question wasn't asked.

Comfortable? No. Safe? As much as ever. People are allowed their opinions.

And you're allowed to feel unsafe. What's yer point?

I know plenty of people who believe the American usage of atomic weaponry in WWII was perfectly justified and I feel no less safe around them.

Difference is, they don't own and probably can't get their hands on nuclear weapons.

And by the way, the statistic was that 1 out of 4 Muslim-American youths believe that suicide attacks are at least sometimes justified. Take a look at the wording. We don't know how many of those 1 out of 4 believe that suicide attacks that kill children are imperative because that question wasn't asked.

That's now how I represented the poll. I asked if you would feel safe around a man who thinks it's OK to kill kids from time to time. Maybe I should've substituted "kill kids" with "rape women" to make obvious that I was not drawing directly on the results of the poll, but that's just nitpicking, isn't it?

And you're allowed to feel unsafe. What's yer point?
Nice twist. When I said people are allowed to have their opinions I meant that a simple spoken opinion doesn't make someone dangerous. Potentially dangerous, perhaps, but not actually dangerous.

Difference is, they don't own and probably can't get their hands on nuclear weapons.

The sentiment remains the same. We killed children with cutting edge technology and they kill children with homemade bombs. The point is still that both groups believe that it is (or was) justifiable to kill children. Remember, that was your question to me - would I feel safe around someone who thinks it is not only morally permissible but imperative to kill children from time to time. At the time, you didn't specify the means - and really, when it comes to something like killing children, the means really don't matter all that much.

That's now how I represented the poll. I asked if you would feel safe around a man who thinks it's OK to kill kids from time to time. Maybe I should've substituted "kill kids" with "rape women" to make obvious that I was not drawing directly on the results of the poll, but that's just nitpicking, isn't it?

I meant only to correct the statement you made a few posts back about how it's a "third" of them.

I do:D and you should too, there are part of this society:p :D

You sound like a Frenchman. I honestly don't care if a particular movie offends Muslims. They don't have to go see it.

You've got to love this irony though. Libs go nuts when anyone suggests limiting the free speech of terrorist recruiting websites but if there's a movie that might offend someone, then hell no the 1st Amendment does not apply.

Werbung:
You sound like a Frenchman. I honestly don't care if a particular movie offends Muslims. They don't have to go see it.

You've got to love this irony though. Libs go nuts when anyone suggests limiting the free speech of terrorist recruiting websites but if there's a movie that might offend someone, then hell no the 1st Amendment does not apply.

What is it with you and the French?! Everytime I read a thread there's a least one post where you make some derogatory stab at the French. The French would love this movie! There at least as racist as we are and half as afraid to addmit it! At any rate, I wish all you "Cons" would stop with this "Libs" b/s, as if Liberalism is some kind of whacky fringe movement. This may be a bit much for you to digest, but all - not some, but all of the Founding Fathers were self described liberals. Liberalism is what founded this country. Conservativism is what they fought a revolution against. And for the record, the only reason I don't think they should make this movie is because trying to stretch that premise into a two hour film would be pointless. It makes for a damned funny short. I can laugh at Muslims. I'm a white guy. Maybe they ought to try laughing at us once in while. We are pretty ridiculous.

Back