Judge Throws out Assualt case on grounds that Muslims can attack people for insulting Mohammad

BigRob

Unless there is more to this story this is one of the most absurd things I have ever seen:

You begin with Ernie Perce, an atheist who marched as a zombie Mohammad in the Mechanicsburg Halloween parade. Then you add Talaag Elbayomy, a Muslim who stepped off a curb and reportedly attacked Perce for insulting the Prophet. Then you have a judge (Judge Mark Martin) who threw out the criminal charges against Elbayomy and ridiculed the victim, Perce. The Judge identifies himself as a Muslim and says that Perce conduct is not what the First Amendment is supposed to protect.

Well, having had the benefit of having spent over two-and-a-half years in predominantly Muslim countries, I think I know a little bit about the faith of Islam. In fact, I have a copy of the Quran here, and I would challenge you, Sir, to show me where it says in the Quran that Muhammad arose and walked among the dead. I think you misinterpreted a couple of things. So before you start mocking somebody else’s religion, you might want to find out a little more about it. It kind of makes you look like a doofus. …

In many other Muslim-speaking countries, err, excuse me, many Arabic-speaking countries, predominantly Muslim, something like this is definitely against the law there, in their society. In fact, it could be punished by death, and frequently is, in their society.

Here in our society, we have a Constitution that gives us many rights, specifically First Amendment rights. It’s unfortunate that some people use the First Amendment to deliberately provoke others. I don’t think that’s what our forefathers intended. I think our forefathers intended to use the First Amendment so we can speak with our mind, not to piss off other people and cultures – which is what you did.

This is a total outrage -- I do indeed have the right to mock someone's religion if I damn well please -- and I can expect not to be physically attacked for doing so.

Two links to story:
First
Second

"The text of the First Amendment could not be clearer. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof-" It does not say "unless somebody, especially a Muslim, is angered." Indeed Judge Martin specifically decided to respect the establishment of a religion, in this case Islam."

Werbung:
Seems there are some comments about "conflicting" testimony on what actually occurred. However with the police statements and a video is seems weird they couldn't figure it all out --unless of course there is more to the story again.

Now you see why we have to Change voting laws? Theyre too many stupid people at the ballot box electing clowns into office and appoint clown judges. Like We have 4 stoogies in the U.S supreme court right now.

Seems there are some comments about "conflicting" testimony on what actually occurred. However with the police statements and a video is seems weird they couldn't figure it all out --unless of course there is more to the story again.

Your smart enough to know there is more...

And if he had dressed like Jesus as a zombie and been attacked I bet the same people would say serves him right....But I have to think that there is more to this case...or that judge has some issue...of course some will try make this as some whole system issue rather as if it will be the law of the land now..rather then one dumb judgment by one dumb judge....

Werbung:
I was at the RNC Protests a few years ago...when a man was attacked by a RNC Member...for having a Bush ( or Dick ) mask on, and a sign that I don't recall...that man that was attacked was hauled away by the police...the Delegate who assaulted him went in and voted. And no this was no "liberal Conspiracy" that the liberals made up...I ended up video taping 2 Ron Paul Delegates (If I recall correct, from Colorado.. Military guys as well) who witnessed it, and where very angry that the police had just hauled off a man for being assaulted...I talked with and video taped them for about 7 min or so. I could post the video if can find it, but the audio is pretty pad ( I was set for photos not audio) ...

SO now does that mean that Republican Delegates are allowed to attack Liberals? NO...What it does mean is that some security cops where dumb asses or pricks and did a shitty job and hauled away the wrong guy.

Back