Kellogg to raise nutrition of kids' food

steveox

WASHINGTON - Kellogg Co., the world's largest cereal maker, has agreed to raise the nutritional value of cereals and snacks it markets to children.

The Battle Creek, Mich., company avoided a lawsuit threatened by parents and nutrition advocacy groups worried about increasing child obesity. Kellogg intends to formally announce its decision Thursday.

The company said it won't promote foods in TV, radio, print or Web site ads that reach audiences at least half of whom are under age 12 unless a single serving of the product meets these standards:

_No more than 200 calories.

_No trans fat and no more than 2 grams of saturated fat.

_No more than 230 milligrams of sodium, except for Eggo frozen waffles.

_No more than 12 grams of sugar, not counting sugar from fruit, dairy and vegetables.

Kellogg said it would reformulate products to meet these criteria or stop marketing them to children under 12 by the end of 2008.

"By committing to these nutrition standards and marketing reforms, Kellogg has vaulted over the rest of the food industry," said Michael F. Jacobson, executive director of the Center for Science in the Public Interest. "This commitment means that parents will find it a little easier to steer their children toward healthy food choices — especially if other food manufacturers and broadcasters follow Kellogg's lead."

Jacobson's nutrition advocacy group, along with two Massachusetts parents and the Boston-based Campaign For A Commercial-Free Childhood, had served notice in January 2006 of intent to sue Kellogg and the Nickelodeon cable TV network under a Massachusetts law to stop them from marketing junk food to kids.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070614/ap_on_he_me/kids_food;_ylt=AudkeQ0mltQpJ7E9DUj1IAPMWM0F

If Kellogs making this step to stop lawsiuts WHY CANT McDONALDS Follow this? Wanna know why? Cause George W Bush signed that CHEESEBURGER LAW!! The Cheeseburger law prevents you from filing lawsuits against any fast food company. This is exactly why im voting for Hillary Rodham Clinton for president.She would overturn a lot of laws George Bush signed. Including suing on Gun companies as well.

Werbung:
Rediculous law suit. If parents are worried about thier kid's weight, then parent's have the responsibility to monitor what their kids eat.

Certain quarters of our society have become so weak that they are completely unable to assume the responsibility for anything so they sue everyone to force them to do what is by right, theirs to do.

Too true. You can't blame Kelloggs for this. America has a bit of a reputation for stupid law suits.

Is it urban legend, or was that poodle in the microwave true? And the law that if you don't fence your pool off and some people go in it and drown you get sued?

Too true. You can't blame Kelloggs for this. America has a bit of a reputation for stupid law suits.

Is it urban legend, or was that poodle in the microwave true? And the law that if you don't fence your pool off and some people go in it and drown you get sued?

I'm not sure about either of those, but the woman who sued McDonald's over the hot pickle that squirted out of her cheeseburger onto her arm happened.

Her husband testified that "she just wasn't the same after that." The settlement was in the hundreds of thousands of dollars, if I'm not much mistaken.

The poodle one is where some old girl got her poodle wet and put it in the microwave. The thing blew up, and she sued the company on the grounds they didnt write dont put your dog in the microwave. She won and now the company puts those instructions in their manual.

I recently bought a set of razor blades for shaving that had the label, "Warning: Do Not Ingest" on the front. I'm not sure what exactly prompted such a ridiculous warning but I'd bet it was an equally ridiculous lawsuit.

Well i developed type 2 diabetes just right before George Bush signed that Stupid Cheeseburger law.I was gonna sue McDonalds cause i found out they cause overweightness and dieases.McDonalds can cause heart & liver problems too.So when Hillary Becomes president she undo all those stupid george bush laws im running to my lawyer and sue McDonalds for 6 million bucks!! If people can sue the tabbaco companies because they got lung cancer then i should sue McDonalds because im overweight with type 2 diabetes.

Well i developed type 2 diabetes just right before George Bush signed that Stupid Cheeseburger law.I was gonna sue McDonalds cause i found out they cause overweightness and dieases.McDonalds can cause heart & liver problems too.So when Hillary Becomes president she undo all those stupid george bush laws im running to my lawyer and sue McDonalds for 6 million bucks!! If people can sue the tabbaco companies because they got lung cancer then i should sue McDonalds because im overweight with type 2 diabetes.

McDonalds doesn't cause heart and liver problems. Your inability to control how much McDonalds you consume is what causes heart and liver problems, as well as obesity. You are a sad testimonial to how weak sections of our society have become.

McDonalds doesn't cause heart and liver problems. Your inability to control how much McDonalds you consume is what causes heart and liver problems, as well as obesity. You are a sad testimonial to how weak sections of our society have become.

Agreed. I eat McDonald's a lot more than is healthy, but at least I acknowledge that it's my fault I more closely resemble the Hood blimp than a human being. It's not like they're force-feeding me.

Thats why we have Lawyers for! To go to court and to COLLECT! Like this man is doing by suing the dry cleaners for $55 million for over a pair of pants that the cleaners lost. Now the family who owned the cleaners is going Bankrupt he sold his cleaners business he has to pay Legal fees to defend his rest of his money.But McDonalds has BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars.They can afford to pay me $6 million cause of my diabetes and the medical trouble and medications i have to take.

Thats why we have Lawyers for! To go to court and to COLLECT! Like this man is doing by suing the dry cleaners for $55 million for over a pair of pants that the cleaners lost. Now the family who owned the cleaners is going Bankrupt he sold his cleaners business he has to pay Legal fees to defend his rest of his money.But McDonalds has BILLIONS AND BILLIONS of dollars.They can afford to pay me $6 million cause of my diabetes and the medical trouble and medications i have to take.

So you admit that you are nothing more than a big fat leech looking for someone with enough blood to support you in lieu of earning your own way through the world. You, and those like you are beneath contempt.

Werbung:
Well i want Goverments start making laws to protect us more what we put in our stomachs. Like by telling McDonalds you cant cook burgers this way
Greasyburgergrill.jpg

You gotta cook em this way
bhgrill.jpg

You cant cook chicken this way
fast-food-3.jpg

You gotta cook it this way
samsunga990pic1med.jpg

Failure too cook food the proper way will result 30 days in jail plus a $2500 fine.

Back