Koran-burning cancelled, because Imam Rauf agreed to move Ground Zero mosque

Little-Acorn

Very reasonable on both sides. Kudoes.

*IF* the reports are true.

--------------------------------------

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100909/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning

Fla. minister cancels burning of Qurans on 9/11

by Antonio Gonzalez, Associated Press Writer – 7 mins ago

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – The leader of a small Florida church that espouses anti-Islam philosophy says he is canceling plans to burn copies of the Quran on Sept. 11.

Pastor Terry Jones said Thursday that he decided to cancel his protest because the leader of a planned Islamic Center near ground zero has agreed to move its controversial location. The agreement couldn't be immediately confirmed.

Jones' plans to burn Islam's holiest text Saturday sparked an international outcry.

President Barack Obama, the top U.S. general in Afghanistan and several Christian leaders had urged Jones to reconsider his plans. They said his actions would endanger U.S. soldiers and provide a strong recruitment tool for Islamic extremists. Jones' protest also drew criticism from religious and political leaders from across the Muslim world.

Werbung:
Little-Acorn said:
Very reasonable on both sides. Kudoes.

*IF* the reports are true.

Well, now here's a possibly-contrary report. From Mess-NBC, though. Sorry I couldn't find a reliable source.

---------------------------------------

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39074573/ns/politics-white_house/

Pastor cancels burning, says mosque moving
But sources close to imam behind NYC project deny there's a deal

msnbc.com staff and news service reports
updated 4 minutes ago

GAINESVILLE, Fla. — The pastor planning to burn Qurans on Sept. 11 said Thursday that he had called off the event after receiving assurances that a proposed Islamic center would be moved away from the World Trade Center site.

But sources close to the imam behind the project denied a deal had been struck.

And Sharif Al-Gamal, owner of the building where the mosque and cultural center would be housed, told NBC News that there had been no discussions with Jones.

The Rev. Terry Jones insisted, however, that he had the imam's "word that he will move the mosque to a different location."

It wasn't clear if he was referring to Imam Muhammad Musri of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, who appeared at the press conference with him, or Imam Feisal Abdul Rauf, leader of the New York project.

Jones also said he would travel to New York on Saturday to meet with officials of the mosque project.

At a press conference, Jones said Musri told him that officials would guarantee that the mosque would be moved.

Remember what Rush Limbaugh said? "" Hew said if you can threat violence with Violence you get what you want? Just like Martin Luther King uses his protests with violence against the Police got that civil rights law passed. By using threats would make that group back off. And when someone gets death threats they ether get police protection or they change their position. And Rosa Parks did a differant kind of protest by getting arrested by the police to change the laws. I want you watch the movie called "" WALKOUT"" Its about a group of kids taking a stand against school policy to get the policy changed. Somethimes you have to stand up what you believe in,,Like i protested against the war and IT WAS WELL WORTH THE PIG PUT THOSE CUFFS ON ME!!! So take a stand on something,, And im still protesting is why im in the Tea Party to throw the democrats outta office. And Im Still gonna Burn the Koran on saturday.

Remember what Rush Limbaugh said? "" Hew said if you can threat violence with Violence you get what you want? Just like Martin Luther King uses his protests with violence against the Police got that civil rights law passed. By using threats would make that group back off. And when someone gets death threats they ether get police protection or they change their position. And Rosa Parks did a differant kind of protest by getting arrested by the police to change the laws. I want you watch the movie called "" WALKOUT"" Its about a group of kids taking a stand against school policy to get the policy changed. Somethimes you have to stand up what you believe in,,Like i protested against the war and IT WAS WELL WORTH THE PIG PUT THOSE CUFFS ON ME!!! So take a stand on something,, And im still protesting is why im in the Tea Party to throw the democrats outta office. And Im Still gonna Burn the Koran on saturday.

I was going to say something....but your not even worth it.....

I was going to say something....but your not even worth it.....

What??? You dont Believe in standing up for something? If we didnt stand up against the british in 1776 we would be under british rule today. If we didnt stand up against the Japs in 1942 we would be bowing down and speaking japanese today. If MLK and Rosa Parks obeyed the laws the blacks would be sitting in the back of the bus,eatting and sleeping where signs say colored only right now.

Because they fought for freedom they wouldnt have to live like this today
segregation0.jpg

166.jpg
bus.jpg

ITS BACK ON!!!

Pastor cancels Quran-burning, then reconsiders

GAINESVILLE, Fla. – An anti-Islamic preacher backed off and then threatened to reconsider burning the Quran on the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, angrily accusing a Muslim leader of lying to him Thursday with a promise to move an Islamic center and mosque away from New York's ground zero. The imam planning the center denied there was ever such a deal.

The Rev. Terry Jones generated an international firestorm with his plan to burn the Quran on Saturday, the ninth anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, and he has been under intense pressure to give it up. President Barack Obama urged him to listen to "those better angels" and give up his "stunt," saying it would endanger U.S. troops and give Islamic terrorists a recruiting tool. Defense Secretary Robert Gates took the extraordinary step of calling Jones personally.

Standing outside his 50-member Pentecostal church, the Dove Outreach Center, alongside Imam Muhammad Musri, the president of the Islamic Society of Central Florida, Jones said he relented when Musri assured him that the New York mosque will be moved.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100910/ap_on_re_us/quran_burning

Dont you know Arabs lie? Dont you know Democrats protect themselves for their own intrests? Just Like Jimmy Carter didnt do a thing about IRAN but he allowed the Arabs to bully us. Just like the Arabs manipluate the price of oil because we invaded IRAQ. Now the war is over and you see price of gas is coming down. So the only way to play the arabs is play their own game. If you dont wanna see those Koran books burned to ashes i suggest you move that Mosque to Harlem or to the Bronx.

Werbung:
Back