Where were the Koran-burning protestors when people here were burning American flags?

Re: Where were the Koran-burning protestors when people here were burning American fl

extremist are not born that way...its never ( ok rare) its one thing....but this, plus iraq war, plus the Torture and Stacking of Prisoners naked ....and....you get a pattern...

I think there can be a distinction drawn between an insurgent in a place like Iraq and a diehard fanatic.

The insurgent will go home when things get a little better, the fanatic will not, regardless of what the US has done.

also we are talking places like Afghanistan where they have about a 3rd grade Education on anything not called the Koran at times...how much you think it takes?

We keep hearing how the Koran does not teach these things. If they actually have an education on it, it would seem they would not resort to that.

Werbung:
Re: Where were the Koran-burning protestors when people here were burning American fl

I think there can be a distinction drawn between an insurgent in a place like Iraq and a diehard fanatic.

The insurgent will go home when things get a little better, the fanatic will not, regardless of what the US has done.

We keep hearing how the Koran does not teach these things. If they actually have an education on it, it would seem they would not resort to that.

you know full well that just like the bible...if you have kids from a early age...you could make them peace loving hippies or war like Crusaders....all teaching with the bible....Both are nothing but words and paper...how a teacher or priest interprets, and how they choose what to focus on...is important. The bible was used to back slavery, antisemitism, Witch burning, the torture of tens of thousands in the inquisition, to jail and kill Scientist, to launch Crusades ( for money and land...religion was a nice excuse)...do you think Jesus would look at the bible and say yes those are what I wanted? Or for Churches protesting "God Hates Fags" at Funerals for our troops? Buring of other people holy book? i am no Christan Scholar....but somehow I realy don't think that would have been what Jesus and the Christian God would have wanted....

""slay [enemies] wherever you find them!" (4: 89) the Koran...

Sounds pretty clear, of course, as I am sure you already guessed...out of Context...

"Thus, if they let you be, and do not make war on you, and offer you peace, God does not allow you to harm them" (4: 90).

Also most people who don't follow Islam...have no grasp of the historical and time conxtext of the Koran...It was written in a time of lots of warfare...and as a small relgion with few followers and many enemies...it took a more hard stance on some things as needed to build the faith...of course sometimes as the situation changed ...as Islam grew stronger, as its very survival was less and less at stake...the tone changes on issues as well....one could say its like the evil little prick of a God from the Old test...vs the New one of the New testament..

Muslims may not begin hostilities (2: 190
Sounds very peaceful...don't start wars and violence...Problem...all one has to do is say they started it...You think Osama belives that They started this? of course we would say he did...he would not agree...

It also calls war, Evil..but sometimes necessary....I think we all agree to this...but shows that it should not be taken lightly and as a last resort.

From one of Mohammad's last address's "God tells all human beings, "O people! We have formed you into nations and tribes so that you may know one another" (49: 13)--not to conquer, convert, subjugate, revile or slaughter but to reach out toward others with intelligence and understanding.

some help from
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1101011001-175987,00.html

Karen Armstrong is a really good writer, I have a few of her books as well

I have read, I have wrote and I have timed out, lost what I have written and had to log back in. This is extremely frustrating and I will now go elsewhere with my comments. Goodbye

Werbung:

Is the American flag a sacred text? No. Is it protected by the Constitution? No. Is burning it protected by the 1st amendment? Yes, according to the Supreme Court. I'm not a religious person by any stretch, and I agree that book burning apparently is protected speech, but I see no point in pissing off 1 billion people we are supposedly trying to help because someone feels like making a bigoted statement.

Back