Las Vegas shooting: Stephen Paddock kills over 50 people

Werbung:
Less lethal isn't what you want if you're interested in self defense.
... well done sir! There you have the argument for North Korean nukes....

Anyway back to the topic at hand....from whom... from whom is one defending oneself against? From what I've been reading gun use for intimidation outstrips by a gazillian times that of gun use for self-defense!
Perhaps this "self-defence" concept is perpetuated as a dillusionary self-defence mechanism for people that want to own guns?
I have an arsenal of pistols and rifles in my home... but only for self-defence...!!??

... well done sir! There you have the argument for North Korean nukes....

Anyway back to the topic at hand....from whom... from whom is one defending oneself against? From what I've been reading gun use for intimidation outstrips by a gazillian times that of gun use for self-defense!
Perhaps this "self-defence" concept is perpetuated as a dillusionary self-defence mechanism for people that want to own guns?
I have an arsenal of pistols and rifles in my home... but only for self-defence...!!??
Gun use for intimidation ? It is against the law to brandish a firearm here. Amd brandish is very loosely defined. And apart from cops and even with Virginia being an open carry state, seeing people with guns is quite rare.
Also, do not conflate self defense with defense of gun ownership. Some buy them for that reason, others for hunting, others still because they like the look of it. The simple fact is the constitution insures that you may have them.

The simple fact is the constitution insures that you may have them.

As I have said before, and no one can state where I am wrong at, only if you have a Militia in the place of a permanent standing army. That was the intent of the Founders when writing the Second. Unlike todays low IQ populace, they understood that the right to own a gun did not rest in the government giving you that right.

Then what do you mean by intimidation ?
errmm...some bloke pulling out a gun and enquiring about your fiscal solvency!! What does intimidation mean on your side of the pond then?

No, they wouldnt.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...do you want me to post the youtube video of Nada C. Holes in her seminal advert for the NRA? Nada in all her black leather bound glory suborning "responsible mom's" in "defending their families with firearms" by "putting a gun to the face of a home invading thug"...... (y)

"I'm the truth about our rights, I'm the National Rifle Association of America and I'm freedom's safest place".... well tickle my tits till tuesday that's a might rousin speech Nada!

errmm...some bloke pulling out a gun and enquiring about your fiscal solvency!! What does intimidation mean on your side of the pond then?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:...do you want me to post the youtube video of Nada C. Holes in her seminal advert for the NRA? Nada in all her black leather bound glory suborning "responsible mom's" in "defending their families with firearms" by "putting a gun to the face of a home invading thug"...... (y)

"I'm the truth about our rights, I'm the National Rifle Association of America and I'm freedom's safest place".... well tickle my tits till tuesday that's a might rousin speech Nada!
So armed robbery outstrips non criminal gun owners ? Sorry, not even close.
The reason the 2nd amendment exists is to insure that if the government starts getting too George III they can be dissuaded. A different sort of self defense i suppose you could say. Thats why the NRA is a pac.

So armed robbery outstrips non criminal gun owners ? Sorry, not even close.
Not even sure what you are getting at, anyway interestingly though, if you look at the stats the UK and the US have roughly the same domestic robbery figures being approximately 110 per 100,000 of population, in the US (according to the FBI website) over 40% are armed robberies, however, in the UK its about 0.2% maybe US "moms" should bring there families to the UK.

The reason the 2nd amendment exists is to insure that if the government starts getting too George III they can be dissuaded.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:... by what exactly, Nada in her black leather jacket and the bellends from the NRA...(y)
You persist in rationalising the case for the North Korean desire for nuclear weapons. If, as the argument goes that whatever the military have then citizens should have then also surely that goes for states threatened by a greater power? Just waiting for Nada to stress test the 2nd amendment rights granting citizens the right to possess nuclear weapons...(y)

Werbung:
Back