Leon Panetta as head of CIA????

see that shows that you are not paying attention, we have been fighting al quida since the early 90's. You act like it just started with sept 11.

And Englands issues have nothing do to with a lack of a patriot act, it has to do with fact that the situation there in Muslim areas is more conducive to being able to get a terror cell formed from locals. I would like to see you one post thing the patriot act has done that actuly lead to stoping a real terror cell in the US since it was put into effect.

and you say we will soon have a incompetent president, but I have news for you, you had one for 8 years. after all I will ask this again, as no right winger has ever been able to do this simple task

Name one thing Bush did before sept 11, to address terrorism, Bin Ladin, or Al Quida. Just one....And Look at Rice, who cant even figure out they are planning to attack in the US, when 1 they have , and 2 the memo she is reading says it in the title.

I never implied that Al-qaida is our enemy since 2001. We had the previous attack to the WTC in the 90s, however, that should had given us clues to what was about to happen. First it was WTC, then the Embassy attack in east Africa and then the attack to the USS COLE. Don't you think that these were major clues and that Al-qaeda was a major threat for our country?

I'm not a Bush fan, however he created the Patriot Act and the creation of the Home Land Security Division.

We haven't been attacked since.....

Werbung:
I never implied that Al-qaida is our enemy since 2001. We had the previous attack to the WTC in the 90s, however, that should had given us clues to what was about to happen. First it was WTC, then the Embassy attack in east Africa and then the attack to the USS COLE. Don't you think that these were major clues and that Al-qaeda was a major threat for our country?

I'm not a Bush fan, however he created the Patriot Act and the creation of the Home Land Security Division.

We haven't been attacked since.....

I have been studing terrorism since before OK city, so yes there where signs and some actions where taken as well. some of course, like attacking the traing grounds that where used by those who commited the attacks on Sept 11, and where Bin Ladin was thought to be ( missed by a hour due to Pakistan Intel leak most likely) where attacked by Republicans....The Republican party on a whole cared more about attacking Clinton then Bin ladin..until Sept 11. And the simple fact that there has been no attack since Sept 11 does not mean it is the reason for no terror attack since then. Unless you plan to show a causal effect, then its just meaningless. I got a new car in 2001, and there has been no attack in the US since then therefor it must be because of that....same logic.

Also Bush did not create the Homeland Security, he was actually against it, he only passed it when the nation was shown to be very in favor or it. Just like the 911 Commission, he tried as hard as he could to stop it, and many reports state that he worked to undermine it after it was created still.

Yes, Panetta is not one of the Old-School Guard of the Erstwhile Sheister club...:D

Panetta's awards:

1969 — Abraham Lincoln Award, National Education Association
1984 — A. Philip Randolph Award
1988 — Golden Plow Award, American Farm Bureau Federation[18]
1991 — President's Award, American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages
1991 — Coastal and Ocean Management Award, Coastal Zone Foundation
1993 — Peter Burnett Award for Distinguished Public Service
1995 — Distinguished Public Service Medal, Center for the Study of the Presidency
1997 — Special Achievement Award for Public Service, National Italian American Foundation
2001 — John H. Chafee Coastal Stewardship Award, Coastal America
2002 — Law Alumni Special Achievement Award, Santa Clara University School of Law Alumni Association[19]
2003 — Julius A. Stratton "Champion of the Coast" Award for Coastal Leadership
2005 — Received an honorary Doctorate of Public Service from Northeastern University[20]
2006 — Paul Peck Award

Worst of all objections to his appointment is that he publicly fought against offshore oil drilling off California's coast.

You know that has some of the Old Guard just steaming...no wonder he's a "bad" appointment...lol...

Yes, Panetta is not one of the Old-School Guard of the Erstwhile Sheister club...:D

Panetta's awards:

Worst of all objections to his appointment is that he publicly fought against offshore oil drilling off California's coast.

You know that has some of the Old Guard just steaming...no wonder he's a "bad" appointment...lol...

Great awards! Do any of those qualify him running our spy division, or our counter terrorist unit?

I'm not sure what you're point is with your comments,as always...
I'm not surprised.... :rolleyes:

"Not only is Interpol underutilized, Noble says it is also hopelessly under-funded. The U.S. contributes $5.5 million to the organization's $50 million budget, a pittance compared to big city police departments.

"NYPD, $3 billion a year. FBI, $6 billion a year. DHS, $42 billion a year. Interpol is about $50 million," Noble points out. "About the same amount that the Los Angeles Galaxy is paying for David Beckham to play football. That's what the world is contributing to Interpol to keep the citizens of the world safer that they otherwise would be."

Interpol's command center is a clearinghouse for international crime and maintains the world's largest database of known terrorists -- 11,000 names.

Australian Chris Eaton says Interpol not only receives daily reports on significant worldwide events, they also monitor the jihadist Web sites.

"You know more about what's going on in the world crime-wise than any other place?" Kroft asks.

"Well, I'd think so. I mean with 187 countries telling us what's happening, I don't think there's too many organizations with that sort of spread," Eaton says."

Eaton says stolen passports are at the moment a big deal.

Interpol has the world's only database on lost or stolen passports and travel documents. There are more than 15 million of them and every week 3,000 people try to use one to enter a country illegally.

"Every significant international terrorist attack that's occurred has been linked in some way with either a fraudulent passport, an authentic passport that's been modified or with a counterfeit passport," Noble explains. "So by catching the people with stolen passports, you get yourself closer to catching terrorists."

****​

"Israel's military campaign in the Gaza Strip is failing, but there may be a silver lining. The war against Hamas is proving -- once again -- that the Middle East's extremist movements cannot be eliminated by military means. If the incoming Obama administration absorbs that lesson, it will have a better chance of neutralizing Iranian-backed groups such as Hamas and Hezbollah, and of eventually brokering an Israeli-Palestinian peace settlement.

Now, bogged down, suffering casualties and inflicting many more, creating terrible pictures for television, it will have to accept an unsatisfying settlement -- or prolong its agony indefinitely. It should settle so that the leaders chosen by Israeli voters in an election next month will have the chance to work with a fresh American administration on a smarter and more effective strategy for countering Iran and its clients."

Calidem....our current spy division IS A TERRORISM UNIT.

That's what Panetta's appointment is helping do: defeat terrorism at its roots...in the offices of the Criminal Invasion Agitators.

And the newest agitation in the Gaza Strip...concurrent with Panetta's appointment...and the fact that Bushco has been blatantly LUSTING for an excuse to agitate Iran and therefore have an excuse to plea to the public to invade.

Must just be one big coincidence.

You see, all these years of unchallenged free reign of terror, started by Bush Sr. way way back in the Kennedy/Vietnam years up to present time has made "Team Texas" just a little soft between the ears when it comes to misjudging public awareness and sentiments.

Panetta is qualified because he HAS A SOUL and knows how to use it and a mind that will put that good soul to work with the assitance of trained professionals blindly sworn to the State. That should be the very first hurdle on the job application to head the CIA post: A soul. Because the underlings have no souls by the very nature of their job descriptions: utter and ongoing deception for the State's cause = spying. When the head of the CIA is the devil himself, then you've got the devil's work blindly being done...and that as we have seen is very damaging and problematic....

Better the Angel's work be blindly done...dontcha think?

Calidem....our current spy division IS A TERRORISM UNIT.

That's what Panetta's appointment is helping do: defeat terrorism at its roots...in the offices of the Criminal Invasion Agitators.

And the newest agitation in the Gaza Strip...concurrent with Panetta's appointment...and the fact that Bushco has been blatantly LUSTING for an excuse to agitate Iran and therefore have an excuse to plea to the public to invade.

Must just be one big coincidence.

You see, all these years of unchallenged free reign of terror, started by Bush Sr. way way back in the Kennedy/Vietnam years up to present time has made "Team Texas" just a little soft between the ears when it comes to misjudging public awareness and sentiments.

Panetta is qualified because he HAS A SOUL and knows how to use it and a mind that will put that good soul to work with the assitance of trained professionals blindly sworn to the State. That should be the very first hurdle on the job application to head the CIA post: A soul. Because the underlings have no souls by the very nature of their job descriptions: utter and ongoing deception for the State's cause = spying. When the head of the CIA is the devil himself, then you've got the devil's work blindly being done...and that as we have seen is very damaging and problematic....

Better the Angel's work be blindly done...dontcha think?

It sounds like a "communist" message that you're sending here!

It doesn't surprise me to see messages like this coming from Obama Supporters.

Those men and women who you're calling terrorist sacrifice their lives so that you and I can live free of terrorists in this country.

Perhaps having a dirty bomb detonated in your hood is you cup of tea.... :mad:

So, if I see what is really going on, point it out and talk about it in a frank matter...criminal behavior going on...

I'm a communist? Does that mean I think people should share property equally? I'm sorry, I've lost the thread.

Care to enlighten me Cali-anything-but-dem?
:rolleyes:

The tired and distractive buzzwords your people use are just that, "tired" and "buzzwords" with no more punch left in them.

You really need to come up with a more contemporary distractive label to scare onlookers with whenever anyone catches you with your pants down and points it out.. The kids these days just don't react quite so viscerally to the word "communism"...

Maybe you could call me "puppy-killer" or something like that. That's sure to really distract from GOP criminal behavior and put the glaring focus of fear on "the enemy".

Those men and women who you're calling terrorist sacrifice their lives so that you and I can live free of terrorists in this country.

Perhaps having a dirty bomb detonated in your hood is you cup of tea~Cali"dem"
This is a good subject to talk about...the men and women of the CIA. Sure, not all of them obey illegal orders...though they recently got a taste of what would happen if they didn't, courtesy of Scooter Libby. :cool:

Judge Reggie B. Walton, who sentenced I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby to 30 months in prison last week for lying to federal investigators about his role in the leak of a CIA officer's identity, received 373 pages of letters about the high-profile convict whose fate he had to decide. Many argued for leniency on behalf of Vice President Cheney's former chief of staff, whom former defense secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld called a "dedicated public servant" and "strong family man." But some less famous writers were outraged about the example Libby set; one letter from "An Angry Citizen" demanded the longest prison term possible...

..Libby's allies argued that the beans he spilled weren't that important to begin with. In fact, many of the officials who knew about her classified CIA status kept mum, which let Libby's pals jump to assert that she wasn't an undercover operative at the time of the leak.

But a CIA "unclassified summary" of Plame's career, released in court filings before Libby's June 5 sentencing, puts this one to rest: The CIA considered her covert at the time her identity was leaked to the media. The CIA report said that Plame had worked overseas in the previous five years and that the agency had been taking "affirmative measures" to conceal her CIA employment. That echoes the language used in the Intelligence Identities Protection Act, which makes it a crime to reveal the identities of covert CIA officers...

..series of missing White House e-mails, supposedly containing marching orders from President Bush's top political adviser in which Rove told his troops to out Plame and punish her husband, former ambassador Joseph I. Wilson IV, for having poured cold water over reports that Saddam Hussein had sought uranium in Africa...

..After all, did you hear Cathie Martin describe at trial what it was like to be the vice president's communications director during the spring and summer of 2003? Twice, Cheney dictated talking points for her about how to bat down Wilson's allegations that the administration had twisted the intelligence about Iraq's nuclear ambitions. Cheney also ordered her to start monitoring all television reports on the Niger controversy and arranged a luncheon for conservative columnists to help get out his take on everything...

..When the investigation began, the president said he hated leaks and would hold leakers of classified information accountable. But he has not sacked anyone over the case.

Libby resigned the day he was indicted in October 2005. Two other officials who gave reporters information about Plame, former deputy secretary of state Richard L. Armitage and former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer, left government before Fitzgerald's inquiry concluded.
Source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/06/08/AR2007060802478_pf.html

The CIA objective numero uno is "To serve the United States Of America".

Now, when they participate, willingly or otherwise to do the bidding of BigOil at the demise of the USA, aiding in the suppression of alternative technologies for decades, keeping us dependant on foreign oil, turning our economy upside down, lying to Congress, instigating illegal wars...they no longer are serving Objective #1 are they?

We are at a point today where that organization believes that the US exists to serve them instead. Panetta will reverse that trend. That is the main objection to him by GOP "conservatives".

With the military, when a superior orders a subordinate to do something illegal, the subordinate has a mandated duty to ignore that superior officer and report his actions. With the CIA, devoid of public oversight, I imagine that little detail gets fudged on quite a bit.

And it seems that Libby's scandal fits quite nicely with that assumption. Wasn't it that good, honest CIA officers refused to report false findings that started the whole "oops, did I just finger one of our agents publicly" situation? Memory serves this is exactly what happened.

So many atrocities have been wiggled out of by the "oops", bumbling idiot excuse of the current administration that one begins to wonder if the bumbling idiot facade wasn't arranged out of a need for that convenience?

Thanks for the dirty bomb insinuation BTW. Duly noted electronically in case of any future "oops" debacles..

The CIA exists to serve the United States of America, the Constitution and the citizens it protects. Anything that deviates from that is both illegal and immoral. (Importance not in that order)

The CIA objective numero uno is "To serve the United States Of America".

Now, when they participate, willingly or otherwise to do the bidding of BigOil at the demise of the USA, aiding in the suppression of alternative technologies for decades, keeping us dependant on foreign oil, turning our economy upside down, lying to Congress, instigating illegal wars...they no longer are serving Objective #1 are they?

)

Now you're blaming the CIA for the demise of our economy? Tell me if this isn't communist rethoric? :confused:

CIA Vision, Mission & Values
Vision
One Agency. One Community. An Agency unmatched in its core capabilities, functioning as one team, fully integrated into the Intelligence Community.

Mission
We are the nation’s first line of defense. We accomplish what others cannot accomplish and go where others cannot go. We carry out our mission by:

Collecting information that reveals the plans, intentions and capabilities of our adversaries and provides the basis for decision and action.

Producing timely analysis that provides insight, warning and opportunity to the President and decisionmakers charged with protecting and advancing America’s interests.

Conducting covert action at the direction of the President to preempt threats or achieve US policy objectives.

Core Values
Service. We put Country first and Agency before self. Quiet patriotism is our hallmark. We are dedicated to the mission, and we pride ourselves on our extraordinary responsiveness to the needs of our customers.

Integrity. We uphold the highest standards of conduct. We seek and speak the truth—to our colleagues and to our customers. We honor those Agency officers who have come before us and we honor the colleagues with whom we work today.

Excellence. We hold ourselves—and each other—to the highest standards. We embrace personal accountability. We reflect on our performance and learn from that reflection.

https://www.cia.gov/about-cia/cia-vision-mission-values/index.html

It sounds like your liberal (communist) values have a problem accepting the role of this department.

So, if I see what is really going on, point it out and talk about it in a frank matter...criminal behavior going on...

You never have any support for you claims. If asked what you have "seen" to support your views, you never provide anything.

The tired and distractive buzzwords your people use are just that, "tired" and "buzzwords" with no more punch left in them.

You really need to come up with a more contemporary distractive label to scare onlookers with whenever anyone catches you with your pants down and points it out.. The kids these days just don't react quite so viscerally to the word "communism"...

The only people who don't care about Communism, are those who are communists themselves.

Even though I'm not and have stated many times before I believe in profitable and moral commercial enterprises (never to be separate).

It would be far far more forgivable to be a communist than a murderous, deceptive and ruthless capitalist. Any day of the week..:cool:

Even though I'm not and have stated many times before I believe in profitable and moral commercial enterprises (never to be separate).

It would be far far more forgivable to be a communist than a murderous, deceptive and ruthless capitalist. Any day of the week..:cool:

Then go to Cuba! Go see how they live there!
:mad:

Werbung:

I think you need to more specific with your adjectives. Murderous and deceptive are criminal activities. I suppose you could find people in all walks of life that are capable of committing these crimes - certainly not exclusive to capitalists.

I can understand where ruthless and unethical are descriptive terms that can apply to either a capitalist, communist, or dictator. I don't believe that a person who functions in a particular economic system is condemned to being good or bad. I can could cite examples of both a ruthless capitalist, and a ruthless communist. Just because I can find an anecdotal example of one unethical person does not condemn the entire group.

Back