Liberated Iraq calls on Arab states to use oil as 'weapon' against U.S.

Cruella

Liberated Iraq calls on Arab states to use oil as 'weapon' against U.S.

A top Iraqi diplomat urged Arab states to “use the weapon of oil” against the United States because of its alliance with Israel, raising more questions about the Middle Eastern nation's allegiance to the country that freed it from a ruthless dictatorship.

The shocking statement from a democratic government in power only after the U.S. and allies ousted murderous dictator Saddam Hussein in a costly and bloody war laid bare the Middle Eastern nation’s true allegiance.

"Iraq will invite (Arab) ministers to use the weapon of oil, with the aim of asserting real pressure on the United States and whoever stands with Israel," Qais al-Azzawy told reporters in Cairo on Friday.

Werbung:
Maybe that's what it's going to take for half this country to get off of their "oil is evil" campaign.

when reality shatters pleasant ideas change is possible.

but when your response to petroterrorism is to break ground on a Dept Of Energy, well you're just urinating into the wind.

See all those dumb Mexicans,Blacks and women had to Vote for OBAMA. Thats why i refuse to tip my server unless the voters start using their heads. If Mitt would had won we would got that pipeline from Canada and Mexico.

The war against Iraq is bearing fruit, and it only cost a trillion dollars or so and maybe 4,000 soldier's lives. What a great idea it was to invade and take over that nation. I can scarcely wait until the US decides to invade someone else.

The war against Iraq is bearing fruit, and it only cost a trillion dollars or so and maybe 4,000 soldier's lives. What a great idea it was to invade and take over that nation. I can scarcely wait until the US decides to invade someone else.

Or encourage and help get rid of the other dictators, like the Shah of Iran, Gadaffi of Libya and Mubarik of Egypt. I don't know what eventually is going to come out of Iraq, but so far we got the Ayatollah of Iran, the Muslim Brothrhood of Egypt and probably some form of al Qaeda from Libya. Oh, and I forgot about the Bosnia mess. I hear that's not going to well either.

we were just supposed to let them annex Kuwait ?

we were just supposed to let them annex Kuwait ?
Interesting that you would bring up the first gulf war. In that one, we went in to a nation that had been attacked, used our superior military force to protect them and send the invaders packing, then went home.

In the second gulf war, we were the invaders, and we attempted an expensive and ill advised decade long nation building project, and despite the reports of no "combat troops", we're still there. There was a big difference between the two wars, just as there was between the father and son who won the presidency of this country.

You can all blame that on Jimmy Carter whern he order the boycott of the 80 Moscow games. The Soviets did a good thing by invading Afgainstan. But Jimmy Carter gave the weapons to Afgainstan and the Arabs beat the Soviets. I rather buy oil from the Russians than buy it from OPEC.

Interesting that you would bring up the first gulf war. In that one, we went in to a nation that had been attacked, used our superior military force to protect them and send the invaders packing, then went home.

In the second gulf war, we were the invaders, and we attempted an expensive and ill advised decade long nation building project, and despite the reports of no "combat troops", we're still there. There was a big difference between the two wars, just as there was between the father and son who won the presidency of this country.

you speak of the two as though they were unrelated.
Hussein sued for a ceasefire and failed to honor it's terms. everything else surrounding this is diversion.
Did we just go home after WWII ? No we rebuilt and the results were pretty amazing and a major boon for us.

you speak of the two as though they were unrelated.
Hussein sued for a ceasefire and failed to honor it's terms. everything else surrounding this is diversion.
Did we just go home after WWII ? No we rebuilt and the results were pretty amazing and a major boon for us.

The results in Iraq and Afganistan haven't been. What is the difference?

Werbung:
Back