The "Why We're In Iraq" Checklist

Thank you for your tireless efforts to make my point for me. Although you really need not have bothered as it was already so obvious. But thanks any way for another demonstration of your trite attempts to control the conditions of the debate.

The title of this thread is "the why we are in iraq checklist"

Any reasons listed, that are not found in the iraq resolution are fabrications.

Werbung:
The title of this thread is "the why we are in iraq checklist"

Any reasons listed, that are not found in the iraq resolution are fabrications.

Just keep repeating the same mantra over and over. Maybe someone will actually believe it. Maybe even you.

Just keep repeating the same mantra over and over. Maybe someone will actually believe it. Maybe even you.

Are you just upset because you think that we are in iraq for reasons that aren't found in the iraq resolution and simply can't prove it? Does the iraq resolution frustrate you?

Are you just upset because you think that we are in iraq for reasons that aren't found in the iraq resolution and simply can't prove it? Does the iraq resolution frustrate you?

Amazing that you don't see the falacy of your position. Your entire argument is premised on your statement that any reasons outside congressional resolution are simply untrue. As if the mere fact that you have made a declaration comfirms it's validity. More of the same kind of crude tactics designed to control the conditions of the debate. Painfully transparent.

The reasons we are there were stated by and voted on by the congress. Any claim of other reasons is without merit and simply unprovable. What is your unmerited and unprovable suspicion of why we are there?

The reasons we are there were stated by and voted on by the congress. Any claim of other reasons is without merit and simply unprovable. What is your unmerited and unprovable suspicion of why we are there?

I'm surprised at you pale rider. You're usually so cynically analytical about everything groups decide and yet you accept at face value a Congressional Resolution - a statement of purpose made by a group of politicians.

I'm just surprised is all.

I'm surprised at you pale rider. You're usually so cynically analytical about everything groups decide and yet you accept at face value a Congressional Resolution - a statement of purpose made by a group of politicians.

I'm just surprised is all.

Not just a group of politicians, nearly every single member voted for that resolution.

And exactly what is to be gained by engaging in conspiracy theories, seeking reasons outside of the resolution? You think we went there to grab their oil for ourselves? Have you looked at the commodities market lately? If that is why we went, it sure isn't reflected there? Most of the reasons the tin foil hat crowd believe we went there for are easily proved false.

The iraq resolution is quite comprehensive and reason enough to be there. Personally, I favor being in iraq for reasons that are not listed on the resolution, but should I be an idiot and protest the war because they aren't there for the reasons I wanted to see us there?

Lets do a comparison shall we?

Lincoln:

1. Ordered the arrest of the United States Supreme Court Chief Justice when he didn't like his ruling.

2. Ordered the arrest and detainment without trial of his political opponents.

3. Nationalized the railroad and banking industries.

4. Censored the press and communications of the general public.

5. Deported Ohio Congressman Clement Vallandigham for not adhering to his political agenda.

6. Ordered federal troops to commit voter intimidation, sometimes threatening voters with imprisonment if they did not vote for Republican candidates.

7. Suspended Habeas Corpus

etc etc

FDR:

1. Japanese-American internment

2. Gold Confiscation Act

3. Suspended Habeas Corpus

Not just a group of politicians, nearly every single member voted for that resolution.

And exactly what is to be gained by engaging in conspiracy theories, seeking reasons outside of the resolution? You think we went there to grab their oil for ourselves? Have you looked at the commodities market lately? If that is why we went, it sure isn't reflected there? Most of the reasons the tin foil hat crowd believe we went there for are easily proved false.

The iraq resolution is quite comprehensive and reason enough to be there. Personally, I favor being in iraq for reasons that are not listed on the resolution, but should I be an idiot and protest the war because they aren't there for the reasons I wanted to see us there?

Hilarious. Plently of entertainment value here. The way he clings to his slender thread of reasoning. It's even possible he actually believes his own nonsense. If he says that congressional resolutions define every aspect of political reality, then it must be true. If he says that his one demensional context explains everything, who can question that? It doesn't even matter who believes what. It's the fact that he try's so hard to pretend that he doesn't see the obvious falacy of his argument. That's what makes it so darn funny.

Hilarious. Plently of entertainment value here. The way he clings to his slender thread of reasoning. It's even possible he actually believes his own nonsense. If he says that congressional resolutions define every aspect of political reality, then it must be true. If he says that his one demensional context explains everything, who can question that? It doesn't even matter who believes what. It's the fact that he try's so hard to pretend that he doesn't see the obvious falacy of his argument. That's what makes it so darn funny.

It happens a lot with him.

Does anyone think anything of the Iran rationale? That is to say, before the war we supported - even propped up Saddam as a bulwark against the spread of the Iranian Revolution throughout the Middle East. Then Saddam proved to be a problem when a) Iraq failed to win the Iran-Iraq war, b) Iran failed to implode following the death of Kohmeini and c) Saddam tried to invade an ally of the U.S. In my opinion the U.S. simply got cocky. We knocked out Afganistan on Iran's Eastern border so we thought we could do the same in Iraq on it's Western and thereby box it in. The oil rationale can only go so far in explaining the conflict. After all, if we were so into the oil, why didn't George H.W. press his advantage when he had the chance. Obviously the old CIA man felt Saddam's value as a buffer against Iran outweighed the value of his oil. Any thoughts?

Werbung:
As a P.S. to my own post, personally, this is the only rationale that seems worth it to me. The last thing the U.S. needs is a unified hostile Middle East under Iranian influence. I just wonder why they wouldn't put such a rationale forth, even if it's not entirely correct. It certainly could have solved a few problems.

Back