Bush/Cheney warmongering exposed in new book

Well you clearly have access to the internet since you are posting. Would it hurt to do a quick fact check?

Bush and Cheney are no more warmongers than anyone else has been. Maybe your memory does not reach that far back?

Come now people, you really did not think that he was going to get, now did you? You knew that he was not the sharpest tack in the box didn't you?

Werbung:
Bush and Cheney are no more warmongers than anyone else has been. Maybe your memory does not reach that far back?

Just asking...

Does lying us into an invasion and occupation of a sovereign country that told us they had no WMD's because they HAD NO WMD's count for anything... anything at all. Or Bush made the call so it's OK?

I don't recall the United Nations giving us the OK to invade. Maybe because they were against an invasion?

How about the over 4000 brave dead American soldiers or over 30,000 seriously wounded... anything warmongeringly wrong about sending them into harms way under false pretense?

How bout the half of a TRILLION (plus interest) taxpayer dollars flushed down the proverbial toilet on this completely made up farce... anything... Nation Building... anything at all wrong!

Does lying us into an invasion and occupation of a sovereign country that told us they had no WMD's because they HAD NO WMD's count for anything... anything at all. Or Bush made the call so it's OK?

Put in an overall context, the signals coming from Iraq were mixed. They were telling us they had none, but at the same time doing everything they could to convince Iran that they did have them. Many intelligence agencies all over the world agreed with our assessment. Was it the wrong assessment, it would seem, but was it a intentional lie to reach this assessment, I remain unconvinced.

I don't recall the United Nations giving us the OK to invade. Maybe because they were against an invasion?

We do not need UN approval to conduct foreign policy. That said, you will recall the many attempts that we made in the UN. You will also recall that it got to the point where France decided that there was not going to be a war, and was vetoing resolutions on Iraq before the Iraqi Ambassador was.

How about the over 4000 brave dead American soldiers or over 30,000 seriously wounded... anything warmongeringly wrong about sending them into harms way under false pretense?

No one is trying to diminish the sacrifice the soldiers have made. But if we want to throw numbers out, how about the decade long plus war that Kennedy got us stuck in that cost us over 50,000 US lives.

How bout the half of a TRILLION (plus interest) taxpayer dollars flushed down the proverbial toilet on this completely made up farce... anything... Nation Building... anything at all wrong!

If Iraq turns out to be a success and turns into a relatively stable democracy in the Middle East, which is has a pretty good chance of being right now, then I think it was a solid investment.

How bout the half of a TRILLION (plus interest) taxpayer dollars

Notice every time the appeasers throw out a number for the cost of tha war, they give a multiple of the last number. :D

BigRob;57433]Put in an overall context, the signals coming from Iraq were mixed. They were telling us they had none, but at the same time doing everything they could to convince Iran that they did have them. Many intelligence agencies all over the world agreed with our assessment. Was it the wrong assessment, it would seem, but was it a intentional lie to reach this assessment, I remain unconvinced.

They told us... they had let inspectors in... they had offered to let inspectors back in. Many intelligence agencies did not also. There is no doubt from all the inside information that has come out the Bush administration cooked the books. President Bush made statements to the American people that the experts had told him were blatantly false. Plus you have to consider the mindset. Removing Hussein was from the beginning a high priority for Bush... he made that abundantly clear all over the place. He obviously just merged things together to get the results he wanted from the start. Which was creating a way to get the American people and other politicians to go along.

It is what it is

We do not need UN approval to conduct foreign policy. That said, you will recall the many attempts that we made in the UN. You will also recall that it got to the point where France decided that there was not going to be a war, and was vetoing resolutions on Iraq before the Iraqi Ambassador was.

Didn't say we needed it. As the worlds largest super power we have the "ability" to invade anyone we like. That however in no way makes it right.

I remember it well. Do you? Do you remember how pissed off Colin Powell was when he found out he was put forward to purposely promote false intel? I do.

The bottom line is there was no immanent threat to the US. Bush played the UN game to gain a little cred and then he went broken arrow and did what he wanted all along. It was political theater... nothing more.

No one is trying to diminish the sacrifice the soldiers have made. But if we want to throw numbers out, how about the decade long plus war that Kennedy got us stuck in that cost us over 50,000 US lives.

Was against that as well. Iraq is only a "Republican" thing because they were the Party of the President that made the made judgments that got us to this point. I'd be just a disgusted if it were a Democrat that had initiated this process.

If Iraq turns out to be a success and turns into a relatively stable democracy in the Middle East, which is has a pretty good chance of being right now, then I think it was a solid investment.

I respect your hope. But I look at the history of the region and I cannot in anyway rationalize the costs in both American blood & treasure.

We "thought" we had done this same thing before in Iran by installing the Shah of Iran. You can look at Afghanistan, Pakistan the Israeli Palestinian conflict.

The odds are much much greater that our influence is very temporary and within a few years of our leaving as a major military force (now or 10 years from now) the government will convert back to the standard of the region. It may become even more anti West, anti American than it was before as Iran did.

Your hearts in the right place though... I'm not questioning that.

Werbung:
Back