Libertarian Hypocrisy

So, my neighbor could build a coal powered power plant right next to me - pollute the air etc. and I couldn't do a damn thing because it's peaceful, honest, and voluntary.

No. Please stop wasting my time with your idiocy. Try growing a brain first before attempting to engage in a debate, kid. How old are you anyway? 14? I'll be glad when school's back in session. Then you can go back to your homework.

Pollution is a violation of property rights. It's not peaceful because it's aggressive and damaging - as damages can occur to possessions and property as well as people. The solution to fixing the problem is laid out right here:

http://www.ruwart.com/Healing/chap8.html

Werbung:
No. Please stop wasting my time with your idiocy. Try growing a brain first before attempting to engage in a debate, kid. How old are you anyway? 14? I'll be glad when school's back in session. Then you can go back to your homework.

Pollution is a violation of property rights. It's not peaceful because it's aggressive and damaging - as damages can occur to possessions and property as well as people. The solution to fixing the problem is laid out right here:

http://www.ruwart.com/Healing/chap8.html

More insults. How interesting. Can't you at least be a little more creative? I suspect you aren't as young as you sound but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

So in other words there ARE limitations to property rights. What about abortion? Animal welfare (given that animals are property).

So, in other words, a confused mix of ideas that obviously don't all work together. Hong Kong economically? The Netherlands socially? Perhaps you don't see the contradiction. It really doesn't matter if you pretend not to. Libertarian arguments are all designed to distract from the fundemental immorality of their position. They don't believe in community. We are apparently not our brother's keeper. They believe that they don't owe anybody anything. That some how they have gained all that they have through their own initiative and hard work. As far as they are concerned, every man IS an island. They try to disguise their selfish non-philosophy with a narrow interpretation of the constitution. As if we should rely on their special wisdom to define what the founding fathers intended. To libertarians every one is a free agent. Responsible to no one.

Very interesting. That explains why libertarianism could never work in a larger context.

The problem with Libertarianism is that the only way such a system works is if everyone around you is equally responsible and ethical.

No, it assumes that the new libertarian system will compel people to behave responsibly and ethically. The problem with that is that it basically assumes the "libertarian system" will be implemented at once, rather than in the piecemeal, bit-by-bit way it naturally would be in a democratic system, which would result in natural problems like deregulating without first getting rid of corporate subsidies.

Of course the really big problem with libertarianism is that it's simply flatly incompatible with democracy.

Libertarianism is a pretty nice idea. If it all worked as it does theoretically, it would be a far better system than the current government, but in real life its going to have its flaws. Communism is quite a nice idea, but human nature, amongst other things, brings it crashing down.

I like a lot of the Libertarian ideas I've heard. The reason that libertarianism will not get the support it needs and will not work for us is because there are too many people that would rather sit on their ass and wait for their hand out. I think it is misleading to say that libertarian thought cares little for community. If everyone is working to do the best for themselves then they are doing what they need to do to help their community, by not being a burden on anyone else. WRT taxes, I think their main beef is with the income tax. Where the government basically steals your money before you even see it. You have traded your time, your life, for that money, and they just take it and flush it down the toilet. The biggest aspect that attracts me to the libertarian party, besides the fact that it is not the republican or democrat party, is that libertarianism defaults to freedom. Meaning that regardless of whether or not someone else agrees with what you do it is your right to do it. Want to have an abortion? I don't agree with it, but it is your life, go ahead. Want to smoke a joint? Smoke away. Basically, as long as you are not hurting anyone else, then enjoy YOUR life the way YOU want to.

The problem with Libertarianism is that the only way such a system works is if everyone around you is equally responsible and ethical.

Bingo! Give that quadraped a prize!

Hey, Fry!

(P.S.--I'm Coyote Says--that other Coyote is an imposter!)

Werbung:
Back