McCain owes America an Alzheimer's test

Popeye

Came across this...it makes sense to me, an Alzheimer's test would finally put to rest, one way or another, the nagging questions about McCain's fitness to govern. I would think both he and the Pubs would welcome it, yet it appears they are avoiding such a test. My only question is...what are they afraid of?

McCain's age is no joke. He will turn 72 on Friday and would be halfway to 73 if elected and sworn in on January 20. That would make him the oldest first-term President ever, two years older than Ronald Reagan. He has survived four skin cancers (melanomas), including one in 2000 that was classified as Stage IIa.

McCain is two years older than his father was when he died suddenly of a heart attack at 70. He is 11 years older than his grandfather was when he died suddenly of a heart attack at age 61.

The United States cannot afford the risk that McCain would die suddenly in the middle of an international crisis.

Nor can we afford the risk of dementia. 22% of Americans over 70 are affected by mild cognitive impairment, while 13% of Americans over 65 have Alzheimer's. Ronald Reagan was diagnosed with Alzheimer's at age 83, but early signs were evident during his first term. Britain's "Iron Lady" Margaret Thatcher developed dementia at age 75.

Prescriptions can also adversely affect mental function. McCain takes Simvastatin, an arthritis drug that can cause memory loss. McCain also takes Ambien to sleep, which can cause amnesia and "fugue states" like the one that caused Rep. Patrick Kennedy's late-night car crash. If the phone rang at 3 a.m., would McCain even wake up?

McCain's medical records are not available to physicians. He did not "release" them for the campaign; he only allowed hand-picked reporters to examine them quickly without making copies. And there were no results of an Alzheimer's test, because McCain has never had one - even though he has 6 of the 10 warning signs, including his inability to remember facts like the number of homes he owns or the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003.

John McCain owes America a thorough test for Alzheimer's and cognitive impairment long before Election Day.

http://www.democrats.com/mccain-owes-america-an-alzheimers-test

Werbung:
Came across this...it makes sense to me, an Alzheimer's test would finally put to rest, one way or another, the nagging questions about McCain's fitness to govern. I would think both he and the Pubs would welcome it, yet it appears they are avoiding such a test. My only question is...what are they afraid of?

http://www.democrats.com/mccain-owes-america-an-alzheimers-test

Guess Obama owes the country an AIDS test since black people get AIDS more often. What is he afraid of?

Do you see how ridiculous both claims are?

Age as it relates to mental condition is a very relevant question. For instance John McSame would be disqualified for flying a commercial airliner just because of his age.

There are many other examples but unfortunately being leader of the free world with all the stress and critical decision making that needs to be made on a daily basis isn't one of them.

I respect the elderly myself... but as my brother the Republican and a executive himself grudgingly said when he told me he was sitting this election out.

The problem isn't can McCain barely get by. l look to the people I know and at that age they sure aren't wanting to take on huge new responsibility and a heavy daily grind or case load. You get into your 70's and you know you don't have the physical energy you used to. And you know in your own heart you do have some mental lapses. You're just less focused all together.

McCain should be enjoying some vacation property or puttering around some golf course. Him just now starting something like the presidency at his age is all ego and no reality check.

Came across this...it makes sense to me, an Alzheimer's test would finally put to rest, one way or another, the nagging questions about McCain's fitness to govern.

As if McCain should respond to the worst garbage level defamation of the wingnut left. That particular glob of your continuous sewage flow of defamation has not the slightest shred of fact to support it.

By the way - WHAT COUNTRY ARE YOU FROM? WHO ARE YOU?

Werbung:
well being black is not a issue to me
but his age is something to keep in mind I think

I was pointing out the ridiculous nature of both questions.

I think that people want to jump all over McCain when he misspeaks or forgets something and call it memory loss, but when Obama does it, it is something else. I do not see the link between McCain and alzheimers, and think that anyone who is capable of doing what he is doing right now clearly does not have alzheimers.

Back