McCain? Well, Duh!

Werbung:
NO Obamanation;39081]Sorry but we do live in a free country. People have a right to speak and think what is on their minds, even if it is not what you agree with. People here do have a right to speak up.
Even us “little people”

I don't think of you as some "little person". Progressives believe EVERYONE is equally important. And I think you have every right to disagree or agree or whatever. That is what makes America great.

I hope you might be able to see though that you have been extremely venomous and disparaging against Senator Obama. It's your right to do that but when you come hard and don't come correct others may want to point out your flaws of observation.

I'm just sayin'... think about it
;)

I don't think of you as some "little person". Progressives believe EVERYONE is equally important. And I think you have every right to disagree or agree or whatever. That is what makes America great.

I hope you might be able to see though that you have been extremely venomous and disparaging against Senator Obama. It's your right to do that but when you come hard and don't come correct others may want to point out your flaws of observation.

I'm just sayin'... think about it
;)

I am glad to have it pointed out when I have made a mistake. That is the best way to learn. I think I was harder on myself for typing Bush went to Harvard instead of Yale than I was on Obama when he said we have 57 states. In fact I defended Obama for that statement. Everyone knows how many states we have, he was obviously tired from being on the campaign. Just like we all know Bush was in skull and bones, a Yale Frat.

If you feel you need to be harder on me if I should make a typo because I am hard on your guy, then that is ok with me. I don’t have a guy; they all suck so I just have to call them as I see them. I am harder on Obama than the other guys but that is because he is a lot worse than the other guys and I live in a world where people are literally oozing with a strange kind of love for Obama. It is rather scary and it does get tiring.

PS You will be happy to know the egg never came off even with 2 showers :eek:

I think it is to late the egg is there and it seems to be really stuck all over.
What is worse, the website I posted was not even the website I intended to post.

This is a good lesson for anyone, never multi task and certainly not when you are tired to start with.

Sorry for mistake. But I will still stand by the point; going to college does not make someone intelligent. Some of the worst idiots through history have been to college. Harvard, Yale and so on. Most everyone in congress and the senate went to college but you don’t hear endless chatter about how intelligent they are, yet I hear it a lot, a whole lot when it comes to Obama. But the only examples given so far was that he went to Harvard and was a state senator and is a United States senator.

I listen to him speak without his notes and it’s a lot of Ums. Err. Well.. But with notes it’s smooth, much like a pastor’s sermon.

A very intelligent person would not have let themselves get caught in stuff like,

Tony Rezco issue
Rev Wright issue
Typical white people statements
Gun and God clinging statements
Not knowing what language they speak in a country that he claims to know a lot about

I am not saying Obama is dumb, I am just saying he is not at the level people make him out to be. He is just an average Joe in political circles.

I am way way way way way way way below average, and I admit it.

I would suggest that you read his book "The Audacity Of Hope." This is a man who sees all sides of most issues, and understands much more than you seem to realize. You can't really judge the man's intelligence by just listing RW talking points, and not doing any kind of "fact finding" on your own. It takes a little effort to find out things for one's self, and not just "check your brain at the door" and parrot what everyone on the right says.

I don't see why you are denegrating yourself. Sounds like you have a self-esteem issue there. I'm certainly not sitting here judging you.

Free your mind and your ass will follow.:cool:

I would suggest that you read his book "The Audacity Of Hope." This is a man who sees all sides of most issues, and understands much more than you seem to realize. You can't really judge the man's intelligence by just listing RW talking points, and not doing any kind of "fact finding" on your own. It takes a little effort to find out things for one's self, and not just "check your brain at the door" and parrot what everyone on the right says.

I don't see why you are denegrating yourself. Sounds like you have a self-esteem issue there. I'm certainly not sitting here judging you.

Free your mind and your ass will follow.:cool:

If I find the book at a garage sale I will get it and read it, so far I have just read the controversial quotes like about white man’s greed, and listened to several pages that Obama read.

I have no respect for the Rev. and the book was inspired by one of Wrights sermons, so I can not see paying for it. But if I can get it second hand or free. I would read it.

I have listened to the Audacity to hope sermon.

I must admit I can not imagine anything Rev. Wright saying that I would find inspiring or valuable. But I would be interested in reading it for other reasons.

I still do not agree that Obama is any more intelligent than any other Harvard or Yale graduate, but maybe has a better way with words. He would make an excellent preacher.

I didn’t think I was denigrating in my post to you, just admitting I was wrong and that I am not at the level of intelligence of a Harvard or Yale grad.

The other posts where I probably was denigrating myself were for the pleasure of Top Gun.

If I find the book at a garage sale I will get it and read it, so far I have just read the controversial quotes like about white man’s greed, and listened to several pages that Obama read.

I have no respect for the Rev. and the book was inspired by one of Wrights sermons, so I can not see paying for it. But if I can get it second hand or free. I would read it.

I have listened to the Audacity to hope sermon.

I must admit I can not imagine anything Rev. Wright saying that I would find inspiring or valuable. But I would be interested in reading it for other reasons.

I still do not agree that Obama is any more intelligent than any other Harvard or Yale graduate, but maybe has a better way with words. He would make an excellent preacher.

I didn’t think I was denigrating in my post to you, just admitting I was wrong and that I am not at the level of intelligence of a Harvard or Yale grad.

The other posts where I probably was denigrating myself were for the pleasure of Top Gun.

????Not to belabor my original point, but you really ARE in the dark, aren't you? "The Audacity Of Hope" isn't a book by Wright...Is THAT what you thought??:confused:It's a book written by OBAMA. It's apparent that you need to do a little more fact-finding before just blindly jumping to conclusions.

In the book, Obama explains his multicultural background, among other things, and one can start to see how he has a unique perspective regarding racial matters. Just assuming that he believes everything that Wright says is simplistic. He doesn't, obviously. But one has to have the initiative to pick up the book and read it, or else be led like a blind man by what the right has to say. And the right will lead you in the wrong direction-every time. If you don't believe it, look how Bush has screwed things up nearly beyond repair. All because of the lies of the RW pundits, who convinced their blind-sheep drones into voting for the jerk.

????Not to belabor my original point, but you really ARE in the dark, aren't you? "The Audacity Of Hope" isn't a book by Wright...Is THAT what you thought??:confused:It's a book written by OBAMA. It's apparent that you need to do a little more fact-finding before just blindly jumping to conclusions.

In the book, Obama explains his multicultural background, among other things, and one can start to see how he has a unique perspective regarding racial matters. Just assuming that he believes everything that Wright says is simplistic. He doesn't, obviously. But one has to have the initiative to pick up the book and read it, or else be led like a blind man by what the right has to say. And the right will lead you in the wrong direction-every time. If you don't believe it, look how Bush has screwed things up nearly beyond repair. All because of the lies of the RW pundits, who convinced their blind-sheep drones into voting for the jerk.

Please read my post again, I said

the book was inspired by one of Wrights sermons

I have no problem with reading the book, but I do not want to pay for it and add to $$ for Mr. Obama. I do not stand at the court house with signs or do other types of protesting to things I disagree with, but I do draw the line at paying $$ for it, when ever possible.

I wanted to see fahrenheit911, but I waited for the chance to see it free. Why would I want to give $$ to Michael Moore INC.? Or to Mr. Obama for that matter.

I have no problem with reading the book, but I do not want to pay for it and add to $$ for Mr. Obama. I do not stand at the court house with signs or do other types of protesting to things I disagree with, but I do draw the line at paying $$ for it, when ever possible.

I wanted to see fahrenheit911, but I waited for the chance to see it free. Why would I want to give $$ to Michael Moore INC.? Or to Mr. Obama for that matter.

Hey, if you want to stay in the dark and keep posting uninformed opinions, it's up to you. There is barely a mention of Wright in the Obama book, and it has little to do with any of his sermons. It's a book about changing our politics of polarization more than anything else. He talks a lot about how people have been and are being conned into voting against their own interests, through diversionary tactics, among other things. but if you want to just go on believing what the RW media tells you, be my guest. That's the easiest way to go...Personally, I'd rather try to stay informed. That way I don't end up with so much egg on my face..:D

Plus, it's just good to KNOW this kind of stuff, in order to be an informed voter. What a concept!

Hey, if you want to stay in the dark and keep posting uninformed opinions, it's up to you. There is barely a mention of Wright in the Obama book, and it has little to do with any of his sermons. It's a book about changing our politics of polarization more than anything else. He talks a lot about how people have been and are being conned into voting against their own interests, through diversionary tactics, among other things. but if you want to just go on believing what the RW media tells you, be my guest. That's the easiest way to go...Personally, I'd rather try to stay informed. That way I don't end up with so much egg on my face..:D

Plus, it's just good to KNOW this kind of stuff, in order to be an informed voter. What a concept!

I have to buy Obama's book or else I am in the dark? I am not an informed voter if I do not buy and read Obama's book? Ugh.

I have only read the clips of the book that are on the net, and listened to Obama read clips of the book. This I will admit.

If I am in the dark on what the book is about, then it is because I listened to Obama. It was Obama who said he was so moved by the Revs. Sermon that it inspired him to write a book based on that sermon. So I apologies if I am in the dark, I probably shouldn’t listen to Obama at all I guess.

I am wondering if you consider all of those Obama supporters who adore him but have never read his book. Are they in the dark too?

I bet the answer is NO! We who dare to disagree are the only ones in the dark.

You did not comment, did you re read the post I had written? Where I did say the book was inspired by Wright, not written by Wright?

I have to buy Obama's book or else I am in the dark? I am not an informed voter if I do not buy and read Obama's book? Ugh.

I have only read the clips of the book that are on the net, and listened to Obama read clips of the book. This I will admit.

If I am in the dark on what the book is about, then it is because I listened to Obama. It was Obama who said he was so moved by the Revs. Sermon that it inspired him to write a book based on that sermon. So I apologies if I am in the dark, I probably shouldn’t listen to Obama at all I guess.

I am wondering if you consider all of those Obama supporters who adore him but have never read his book. Are they in the dark too?

I bet the answer is NO! We who dare to disagree are the only ones in the dark.

You did not comment, did you re read the post I had written? Where I did say the book was inspired by Wright, not written by Wright?

Now this discussion is starting to get silly. First off, I can't speak for others who support Obama as to why they do, any more than I can figure out how so many OBVIOUSLY uninformed or misinformed people voted for Bush.TWICE!?:confused: All I can tell you is that I believe in "doing my homework" when it comes to politics. A person can go to the library, or even to Borders or Barnes and Nobles to read books or chapters of books without paying a dime. You seem to be obsessed with NOT paying for a book. That's kind of lame, imho...I've read books by people I don't agree with as well. For example,"The Way Things Ought To Be", by Rush Limbaugh, whom I happen to detest. Didn't stop me from reading the book. You know what they say,"Inquiring minds want to know.":cool:

If somebody doesn't care for Obama, fine. I'd rather just see some valid reasons for it, rather than the same old, tired, "Reverend Wright" bs..If you don't like his policies or proposals on, say, health care, explain why. If you don't agree that the war in Iraq is wrong and should never have been fought, and that now is the time to start bringing home our troops, please explain why it is that you don't. In short, it would be great to start addressing issues rather than straw-men. For a change.

Werbung:
Now this discussion is starting to get silly. First off, I can't speak for others who support Obama as to why they do, any more than I can figure out how so many OBVIOUSLY uninformed or misinformed people voted for Bush.TWICE!?:confused: All I can tell you is that I believe in "doing my homework" when it comes to politics. A person can go to the library, or even to Borders or Barnes and Nobles to read books or chapters of books without paying a dime. You seem to be obsessed with NOT paying for a book. That's kind of lame, imho...I've read books by people I don't agree with as well. For example,"The Way Things Ought To Be", by Rush Limbaugh, whom I happen to detest. Didn't stop me from reading the book. You know what they say,"Inquiring minds want to know.":cool:

If somebody doesn't care for Obama, fine. I'd rather just see some valid reasons for it, rather than the same old, tired, "Reverend Wright" bs..If you don't like his policies or proposals on, say, health care, explain why. If you don't agree that the war in Iraq is wrong and should never have been fought, and that now is the time to start bringing home our troops, please explain why it is that you don't. In short, it would be great to start addressing issues rather than straw-men. For a change.

I am again sorry but people do have a right not to pay and support things they are opposed to. One of the ways a person can vote is with their money. I thought I gave you a good reason for not wanting to buy the book, I am sorry it was lame in your opinion. I also do not think it is right to go to barns and noble or borders and read their books without paying. There are a number of signs asking people not to do that, I would like to respect the company’s wishes. I did try to get it at the library a few weeks ago but there were none available, there will be some day and I can get it then or wait to see it for sale at a garage sale.

It was you who said “Plus, it's just good to KNOW this kind of stuff, in order to be an informed voter. What a concept!” (About reading his book) I just disagree with you that I need to read Obama’s book to be an informed voter. And questioned you on if you are willing to judge me and my being an uninformed voter because I have not read his book, would that same standard of judgment be put on other people who are voting for Obama, in your opinion have not read his book. You said “First off, I can't speak for others who support Obama as to why they do” but you could speak for me, and tell me I am uninformed” If you can tell me that I need to read his book to be an informed voter, why is it that you can not speak for other Obama supporters who did not read the book?

You also said “For example,"The Way Things Ought To Be", by Rush Limbaugh, whom I happen to detest. Didn't stop me from reading the book. You know what they say,"Inquiring minds want to know”

Again, I never said I am not willing to read the book, I am only unwilling to pay to read the book. So far you have twice twisted what I said without as much as an apology.

You keep insinuating that I am not doing my homework where Obama is concerned. I have seen almost all if not all of his news interviews, read as many as I could of his written interviews, read his voting record, read more of his website than I cared to, what exactly am I doing wrong? I have to read, see and hear it AND agree? It is not just enough to read, see and hear it and then form my own opinion? You said you liked "doing my homework” In all of your homework on Obama, did you find anything you did not care for? Or was it all practically perfect in every way?

You also said “it would be great to start addressing issues rather than straw-men. For a change.” I know you are new here, so you may not have read a lot of posts but I have talked about “real” issues. His voting record for one and the things about it I do not like. His foreign policy ideas, abortion, gun control, taxes, health care and more. If you go back on old posts there are others who have also had conversations about these issues. But, it seems they only count if they agree with you. Other wise we are “in the dark” or “uninformed”

Back