Michael Savage on Sarah Palin

Michael Savage doesnt like McCain at all, and he gets a whole lot of grief for it. he doesnt like where the republican party is going. I like his honesty and I tend to agree with him.

Glenn Beck is another one who doesnt like McCain much but he does admire Sarah Palin.

Werbung:
ok, for one, that IS what the vp does, so i can't say i get why you're attacking me on that. i'm not the one running for the job, there's no reason for ME to be able to detail all the duties of the office.

as for the governorship, you keep saying that executive experience is what's important, not GUBERNATORIAL experience. you're saying that anyone, with any executive experience, is more qualified than any us senator. it's insane.
What a tard. :D The governership IS executive experience.

book banning: i noticed you didn't respond to my TRUE claim that SARAH PALIN tried to ban books, which you had claimed was false... just generic liberal bashing. and i'm sophomoric? (to kill a mockingbird- cons, harry potter- cons, beloved- cons, robert mapplethorpe- cons, free speech zones- cons... etc.. etc.)

Because it's a lie - Palin inquired of the librarian what the procedure was for removing books - that's it. Then on the gene-missing leftwing defamation blogs, that's transformed to Palin banned books.

still- citation needed on two trillion in debt... i've provided you with lots of links when you questioned my claims- you have NEVER done the same for me. so, can you please show me any nonpartisan source for that number?

OK - here's a citation in US News business magazine, based on information from the Obama campaign:

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2008/2/14/obamas-trillion-dollar-spending-plan.html

They call it a $trillion. What sounds worse - Palin's 27 million, or Obama's million million? :D

finally- we would all love to go to europe, or canada. if mccain wins in november, i'll be applying to jobs in toronto and vancouver when i graduate, and i know a few people who will be looking to go to med school in europe.

That's good news - better news would be if you and all the Bots never came back.

what degree do you have that's so much more impressive than a jd in constitutional law? if that is a step above basket weaving, then palin's journalism degree is worthless except as toilet paper. all that field teaches you is to right so that an eight year old can understand it, it's pathetic.

I have a BS in physics, an MS in astronomy, and an MS in computer science. ;) As I've said before, Obama wouldn't understand anything in any of my classes after "Good morning, class!" :D

The Ultimate Sarah Palin is Unfit to be Vice President List
List by: Picka Last Updated: 9/5/2008

As Sarah Palin is a largely unknown figure in national politics, we have gathered and compiled information from various news sources about her political career in Alaska. Republicans tout her experience as mayor of Wasilla, but her 616-413 winning vote margin was not a compelling mandate for a city of 5,500. Nor is the picture painted by Alaska residents and others as flattering as the one being spun by the Republican Party with scandals, controversies, failures and more. We will continue to update this list as we learn more about her.

Palin Demonstrates Poor Business Management and Fiscal Skills

Sarah Palin may claim she is a fiscal conservative and makes political points like selling the Governor's jet, but the reality is she has poorly managed both city and state finances and spending priorities. Her mismanagement of spending priorities as Governor would have received more visibility except that rising oil prices and increased state revenues from royalties covered her budget shortfalls.
When Palin took over as mayor, Wasilla had zero debt; when she left office 6 years later it had $20 million in debt ($3000 per resident). [8]
She put higher priority on a $15 million sports complex rather than a sewage treatment plant. [1]
She was forced to hire a fulltime administrator as she faced a recall vote for precipitous firings. [1]
She proceeded with construction on the sports complex without closing on the land, ultimately costing the city $1.5 million. [24]
As Governor, she provided little guidance and direction to the Legislature on budgets. [2]
She used the line item veto to kill several “pork projects” to gain publicity, but after public outcry she restored the projects stating that she was not aware of their importance. [1] [2]
Her publicity seeking actions on earmarks earned her a popular reputation as “anti-pork” that influenced, in part, McCain’s decision to select her as his VP running mate. [1] [25]
In 2008 Alaska leads the nation in earmark requests with $556 per capita ($380 million) compared to an average of $34 per capita for other states. [3] [26]
In 2006, Palin campaigned on a “build-the-bridge platform”, but reversed herself once elected. She said “thanks but no thanks,” but she kept the money for other pet projects. [3]
As Mayor of Wasilla between 1996-2002, Sarah Palin sought and receieved nearly $27 million in earmarked federal funding. [46]
"They've definitely become addicted to earmarks," said Ellis, of Taxpayers for Common Sense. "And Gov. Palin has continued in at least some form that addiction." [3]
Both Palin and McCain have distorted her record on budget cuts and spending, and how she stood up to Senator Ted Stevens on the “Bridge to Nowhere”. [4]
A Frontiersman editorial wrote, “Mayor Palin fails to have a firm grasp of something very simple: the truth.” [44]
The Alaska budget is growing at a rate of 10% per year and the $1,200 payouts due to Alaskans in September are not consistent with restraining government growth. [4]
She allocated $500 million subsidy for a gas pipeline project awarded to a Canadian company, TransCanada, rather than negotiate with an existing private venture to save money. [23]

Palin exhibits Poor Leadership and People Skills

Palin is another divider. Someone who will not listen to others viewpoints and thinks she is always right. She is not a leader.
As Governor she has shown poor judgment by hiring inexperienced people and valuing loyalty to her ahead of competence for the job. [1] [2] [44]
She has reputation for bullying, being intolerant of others opinions and not listening to ideas of others. [1] [44]
As Mayor, demonstrating her value for loyalty, she often dismissed ideas that didn’t originate with her staff without considering the merit of the ideas. [1] [44]
She is defensive when challenged with opposing views, and has been known to fire people that disagree with her. [44]
She tried to fire highly respected city librarian who refused to remove books that Palin found to be "morally or socially objectionable to her". [5]
She fired members of the Alaska Agriculture Board in order to replace Creamery Board members who she could not fire. [6]
As Mayor, she fired Wasilla’s Police Chief because she claimed that he “intimidated” her, but the Police Chief says it was because he was not loyal to her. [1] [27]
The Police Chief cites retaliation by Palin's campaign contributors, including bar owners and the NRA, as one reason for his dismissal. [7]
As Governor, she fired Alaska's top cop because he wouldn't fire her sister's ex-husband, a State Trooper, and now is "stonewalling the Legislative investigation". [1] [45]
As Mayor, in an act of ruthlessness that stunned those in the community, she fired her loyal City Administrator. [1]
Fear of retribution has kept many in Wasilla from speaking out about her in public. [1]
Frontiersman editorial stated "at every turn we find hints of cronyism and political maneuvering. We see a woman who has long-since surrendered her ideals to a political machine.” [44]
Palin had to use detailed notecards to directly read answers to questions in debates when she ran for Governor. [14]
She skipped four major debates during the 2006 general-election campaign for Governor of Alaska [14]
The Frontiersman stated, “Wasilla is led by a woman who will tolerate no one who questions her actions or her authority.” [44]

Palin supports big businesses and oil companies at the expense of others including the Environment

As mayor, Palin raised locals taxes while giving breaks to large companies [1] [44]
Like most Alaskans, she favors drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. [1]
She sued the Department of Interior on its decision to list polar bears as threatened species because “it would hamper drilling for oil and gas”. [1] [28]
She has questioned if the loss of sea ice is really linked to global warming. [11]
As governor, Palin vetoed a 50-megawatt wind farm and a clean coal facility. [8]
Palin opposed efforts to protect beluga whales (only 375 estimated) located in a specific Alaskan inlet deeming it a threat to the oil and gas industry. [22]
She opposed a "clean water" proposition to help prevent open pit mines from contaminating local drinking water and threatening salmon. [29]

Palin's has various controversial viewpoints and associations

Palin has some alarming views on some issues and has connections with various groups which can make you worry about what kind of extreme actions she make take as vice-president. She also invokes "God" in her political statements.
Referring to the planned gas pipeline project from the North Slope,"I think God's will has to be done in unifying people and companies to get the gas line built, so pray for that." [9]
Palin describes the war in Iraq as “a task that is from God…a plan that is God’s plan.” [9]
She opposes abortion for instances of rape or incest, and supported a Constitutional Amendment saying the Constitution does not give right to an abortion. [15] [44]
Sarah tried to get books banned at her city's library. [5]
Palin is for teaching creationism in public schools. [19]
Palin supports a ban on gay marriage and denying benefits to gay couples, stating that she "doesn’t know if people choose to be gay.” [44]
Pat Buchanan stated that Sarah was one of his "brigaders" in 1996 and was at a fundraiser for him. [20]

Palin is a Political Opportunist who is in it for herself

If you study her record closer you will find that she is not this 'maverick' or political reformer who exposes corruption and political cronism. She shows a lack of integrity by engaging in a lot of negative political tactics and the same old cronyism looking out for herself and not her constituents.
Appointed to chair of oil and gas reserve by Governor despite being highly unqualified. [1]
Was for the "bridge to nowhere" before it became politically favorable to be against it. [1]
One resident says she is savvy. She doesn't take positions; she just "puts things out there" and if they prove to be popular, then she takes credit. [2]
Frontiersman editorial wrote, “Palin continues to lose public faith sticking by her philosophy that either we are with her or against her.” [44]

to be continued...

What People are Saying about Sarah Palin as Vice President

Many political pundits are talking about her lack of credentials with good reason. Here are what a lot of notable people have said including many from her own party regarding her qualifications as a potential vice president.
"She's not prepared to be governor. How can she be prepared to be vice president or president?" said Alaskan Republican Senator Lyda Green. [10]
"The decision to select Palin as the candidate for [VP] is the most insulting, anti-feminist choice John McCain and the Republican Party could have made." -- Sherrilyn Ifill [12]
"What exactly does the VP do every day?" -- Sarah Palin. [13]
"Once you cross her, you're off the list forever, and that's not the way you get by in politics," said state Sen. Hollis French, a Democrat. [14]
"When the questions came up, she would roll her fingers down to the right area ... ," Knowles said. "It was quite bizarre." [i.e. her practice of keeping note cards for debates] [14]
"She announced her decision to scuttle the bridge project in a pre-dawn press statement released to meet East Coast media deadlines", according to Ketchikan Mayor Bob Weinstein. [14]
Karl Rove criticized Tim Kaine's 3 yrs experience as Governor and his mayorship of the 105th largest city before McCain chose Palin (who has less experience). [16] [21]
Newshounds reports that "Palin told a passel of lies during her convention speech last night (9/3/08). But you’d never know it from watching FOX News’ analysis”. [33]
AP reported that Palin issued “dismissive attacks on Barack Obama and flattering praise on her credentials to be vice president - the reproach and the praise stretched the truth.” [34]

Miscellaneous & Minor Negatives on Palin

This is a list of things we consider minor, trivial or not pertinent towards being a VP. But since this is an 'ultimate list', we are going to include everything we can find no matter how small. Who knows? Some small things could become big.
Sarah's husband, Todd, got a DUI in 1986. [30]
Todd Palin was a member of the controversial Alaskan Independence Party [17]
Palin has only briefly visited three countries in her life: Germany, Kuwait and Canada [31]
An official spokesperson for Palin attempted to bolster her "resume" listing Ireland as one of three countries she visited in July 2007 trip even though it was only a fueling stop. [18]
Sarah and Todd were part owners of a failed car wash company in Anchorage. [32]
She hypocritically preaches abstinence despite evidence that she eloped because she was pregnant (having baby within 8 months of marriage) and married in a civil ceremony.
Palin opposes Stem Cell Research

does she scare you that much?

i know she isnt any messiah but come on :)

:D Scare me :D

It's scares me about as much as the Clinton Impeachment "scared" the REPUBLICANT'S!:D

This is great stuff and it's mostly coming from your side... lovin' it!

Wednesday, September 03, 2008
Dr. Laura Slams Palin As VP Pick

I am stunned that for once I agree with Dr. Laura. On her blog she wrote a scathing analysis of the McCain Vice Presidential pick, Alaska Governor Sarah Palin. Laura Schlessinger, known for her right wing views and occasional intolerant rants on gays and lesbians, feels McCain's pick is wrong on many levels.

From her blog:

I’m stunned - couldn’t the Republican Party find one competent female with adult children to run for Vice President with McCain? I realize his advisors probably didn’t want a “mature” woman, as the Democrats keep harping on his age. But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to the job of Governor within days of the birth?

I am haunted by the family pictures of the Palins during political photo-ops, showing the eldest daughter, now pregnant with her own child, cuddling the family’s newborn. When Mom and Dad both work full-time (no matter how many folks get involved with the children), it becomes a somewhat chaotic situation. Certainly, if a child becomes ill and is rushed to the hospital, and you’re on the hotline with both Israel and Iran as nuclear tempers are flaring, where’s your attention going to be? Where should your attention be? Well, once you put your hand on the Bible and make that oath, your attention has to be with the government of the United States of America.

Child-care facilities are a necessity when mothers and fathers (when they exist at all) are unwilling or incapable of caring for their offspring. Unfortunately, they have become a mainstay of the feminista mentality that nothing should stand in the way of a woman’s ambition - nothing, including her family.

Any full-time working wife and mother knows that the family takes the short end of the stick. Marriages and the welfare of children suffer when a stressed-out mother doesn’t have time to be a woman, a wife, and a hands-on Mommy.

More REPUBLICAN (not the Left or liberal media) strategists real feelings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPYx1bAnceo

Werbung:
Back