minimum fix for ACA

Dr.Who

Ok so the law is arguably the worst major piece of legislation ever written in this country rivaling and comparable to Prohibition. So what needs to be done at a minimum to fix it if outright repeal were impossible.

1. No one should be compelled to purchase insurance.
2. No insurance policy that a person wants should be banned.
3. Insurance policies should be encouraged to cover less services when wanted rather than more as a method of cost containment, though anyone who wants more comprehensive policies should be able to get them.
4. Pre-existing conditions should be covered by medicaid and not by insurance companies.
5. A goal should be for minimal regulation rather than for maximum regulation.
6. A goal should be for private insurance to be the preferred policy rather than insurance bought through public exchanges.
7. Quotes for insurance should be available before providing private information.
8. Private information not normally related to purchasing insurance should not be needed. And large databases shared by multiple branches of gov should not be needed.
9. The IRS should not be involved.
10. Add your idea here.

Werbung:
All good ideas, but never going to happen. You have to see what's being taught in our schools and how our politicians are being raised up.

The left hates business and free markets. Look at how many people are living on government handouts. They think the money grows on trees, because they don't understand where it comes from.

We have 311 million people in this country. Only 108 million people are working full time. One third of the country is supporting the other two thirds. Of course they can't, so we are borrowing money and printing money to stay afloat. It can't last forever. The dam will break and it won't be pretty.

All good ideas, but never going to happen. You have to see what's being taught in our schools and how our politicians are being raised up.

The left hates business and free markets. Look at how many people are living on government handouts. They think the money grows on trees, because they don't understand where it comes from.

We have 311 million people in this country. Only 108 million people are working full time. One third of the country is supporting the other two thirds. Of course they can't, so we are borrowing money and printing money to stay afloat. It can't last forever. The dam will break and it won't be pretty.

how would you invest your money in an economy like todays?

I guess the stock market as long as the feds are pumping money into it. But when they stop doing that, then who knows what's going to happen to the dollar. The best person here to answer that is probably Cashcall.

I guess the stock market as long as the feds are pumping money into it. But when they stop doing that, then who knows what's going to happen to the dollar. The best person here to answer that is probably Cashcall.

yes, as long as the fed is pumping money into it. I have heard recently that there are no plans to stop the pumping, stop printing currency, and that even if they do stop they cannot sell the bonds they hold. an advisor on the radio the other day said specifically that one could take a chance and hold until December or not buy stocks. I don't know why december is the magical date but I co know that something has to give sometime and I am not equipped to do the work to invest and follow my money so closely to figure out when to dump stocks.

i was just now inspired to look up that advisor and see what he said in more detail. His name is james Jubak and he is claiming that we are likely to see a melt-up through december.

This is the definition of a melt up that I found online:

Definition of 'Melt Up'
A dramatic and unexpected improvement in the investment performance of an asset class driven partly by a stampede of investors who don't want to miss out on its rise rather than by fundamental improvements in the economy. Gains created by a melt up are considered an unreliable indication of the direction the market is ultimately headed, and melt ups often precede melt downs.

I think the implication is that if the melt up ends it will result in a melt down and a loss of money for those (like I woiuld be) unprepared to get out of the market in a timely fashion.

Werbung:
Coould take a cue from the chinese and other clever investors and do real estate. They are nit making any new land outside of Dubai. Otherwise look offshore where other economies are advancing on our vacuum of maliase

Back