More media frabricated stories.

Andy

Another example of media completely fabricating stories.
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist and associate editor Dan Simpson, wrote the following:

This obviously favorable story, covers a supposed time in which Dan Simpson, met Arlen Specter. Only one problem, it was made up.

Arlen Specter didn't begin his service in the Senate until 1981 according to Wiki, and anyone who knows history.

Further, the Senators own official Bio, says in 1974 he completed his service as district attorney of Philadelphia and returned to the private practice of law.

So while posing as a columnist, and mind bogglingly, an associate editor, Mr. Simpson is completely fabricating historical non-events. About the only thing that fits, is the name Simpson. Homer could have made up something this good.

That said, I actually agree completely with the basic premise of the column. Arlen Specter should switch sides, or be removed by ours. In either case, he's no where close to being a republican, and should be ditched.

Werbung:
Pittsburgh Post-Gazette columnist and associate editor Dan Simpson, wrote the following:

This obviously favorable story, covers a supposed time in which Dan Simpson, met Arlen Specter. Only one problem, it was made up.

Arlen Specter didn't begin his service in the Senate until 1981 according to Wiki, and anyone who knows history.

Further, the Senators own official Bio, says in 1974 he completed his service as district attorney of Philadelphia and returned to the private practice of law.

So while posing as a columnist, and mind bogglingly, an associate editor, Mr. Simpson is completely fabricating historical non-events. About the only thing that fits, is the name Simpson. Homer could have made up something this good.

That said, I actually agree completely with the basic premise of the column. Arlen Specter should switch sides, or be removed by ours. In either case, he's no where close to being a republican, and should be ditched.

The last poll I saw he was left in the dust by the other guy. I dont know who the other guy is but he has got to be better than that freak spector.

I say kick all the rino's out. I am glad gordon smith was ousted in Oregon. No room for rino's

It seems you just caught one Dan Simpson of the Pittsburg Post Gazette in an outright lie.

Have you written the editor?

Remember Dan Rather?

It seems you just caught one Dan Simpson of the Pittsburg Post Gazette in an outright lie.

Have you written the editor?

Remember Dan Rather?

If I spent my time writing into every media outlet that reported outright lies, I would spend all my time doing that, and with little effect. As long as people continue to watch or listen to media outlets that lie, calling them on it will do nothing.

Only the NYT that is facing a massive loss of readership, and cable channels that are facing dropping viewership, will actually consider raising their standards or face extinction.

If I spent my time writing into every media outlet that reported outright lies, I would spend all my time doing that, and with little effect. As long as people continue to watch or listen to media outlets that lie, calling them on it will do nothing.

Only the NYT that is facing a massive loss of readership, and cable channels that are facing dropping viewership, will actually consider raising their standards or face extinction.

That will leave blogs as the major source of stories in print. We all know just how reliable the information they publish is.

That will leave blogs as the major source of stories in print. We all know just how reliable the information they publish is.

The Wall Street Journal has increased their readership while the other print media is looking for bailouts....

And as for the blogs, I mentioned about 6 months ago that there were some in Congress who wanted to begin regulating the blogosphere the same way other media sources are regulated by the government... It was dismissed as ridiculous at the time but I think people should pay attention because there are those cheering it along.

The Wall Street Journal has increased their readership while the other print media is looking for bailouts....

And as for the blogs, I mentioned about 6 months ago that there were some in Congress who wanted to begin regulating the blogosphere the same way other media sources are regulated by the government... It was dismissed as ridiculous at the time but I think people should pay attention because there are those cheering it along.

We can't have average citizens simply saying whatever they want, now can we? Of course it would put a damper on Shaman who gets all his incorrect information form blogs.

Werbung:

Broadcast media has to be regulated, as two stations on the same frequency will interfere with each other if they are too close together.

Other than that, what regulations cover the media? Regulating what people say, whether it is so or not, is a little tricky due to that pesky little first amendment.

With the blogosphere in full operation, it is more important than it has ever been to teach people to separate fact from opinion, and to question everything that they read.

Back