More strange statements today from Ron Paul

To look at Iran as an evil terrorist people is the insane view.
That's why nobody is doing it.

Their government, forced on the people as shown in the riots in 2010, is to blame.

Correct.

Obama did indeed offer them friendship, offered it to the whole world in an effort to end the US forcefull domination of all who oppose our policies.
How's that working out for him? Is the world a more peaceful and secure plavce now, than before Obama took office?

Yes, we should oppose nuclear armament in Iran

We've opposed it from the beginning. But it's progressing anyway. Clearly, we need to do more than just "oppose" it. A nuclear-armed Iran is absolutely unacceptable.

Werbung:
We've opposed it from the beginning. But it's progressing anyway. Clearly, we need to do more than just "oppose" it. A nuclear-armed Iran is absolutely unacceptable.

What specific policy measures do you believe will result in Iran abandoning their quest for nuclear weapon technology?

I say none. If I'm correct, then none of the candidates policy suggestions about how to deal with Iran will have the desired result. Therefore, I choose to side with the candidate who's offering the policy least likely to result in the US starting WW3.

I'll pose the same question to you:

What specific policy measures will result in Iran abandoning their quest for nuclear weapons technology?

assassinate Ahmadinijad might do it. or just give Israel swing away sign.

may not stop it but it will slow them down.

assassinate Ahmadinijad might do it.
That would be a violation of international law and treaty obligations. Would you really support a presidential candidate who was suggesting the US violate international law and our treaty obligations? Are there any candidates suggesting such a thing?

or just give Israel swing away sign.
That is, basically, RP's position: Let Israel do what's best for Israel without interference from the US.

may not stop it but it will slow them down.
Do you believe Iran is spoiling for war with the west? All the signs I've seen point to yes.

Do you think an all out war with Iran has the potential to become WW3? I think it would.

That would be a violation of international law and treaty obligations. Would you really support a presidential candidate who was suggesting the US violate international law and our treaty obligations? Are there any candidates suggesting such a thing?

you think we can't do it without the fanfare of the OBL hit ? I can assure you that we can.

That is, basically, RP's position: Let Israel do what's best for Israel without interference from the US.

smart guy then ;)

Do you believe Iran is spoiling for war with the west? All the signs I've seen point to yes.

I believe they want to assume the role of Iraq under Hussein (baddest arse player in the region) that will allow them to 'absorb' neighbors (remember Kuwait ?) believing the world hasn't the taste for another one of those adventures. Especially if they can fight back hard(nuke).

Do you think an all out war with Iran has the potential to become WW3? I think it would.

no need for all out war with them as long as they don't have da bomb. If we allow that to happen, it changes everything and likely is WWIII (or is it IV or even V ?)

The simple answer is we need to assist Israel in hitting Iran's nuke facilities. Will that cause WWIII? I think not. Many nations in the ME do not want an Iran with nukes. They will be happy about it. And remember when the Israelis hit Iraq's nuke facilities years ago? No escalation occurred. They also hit targets in Syria recently and nothing happened.

Ultimately, Israel has no other option but to attack Iran rather than face annihilation. A bigger question is will BO support Israel's attack.

It is too late for talking and offering friendship to Iran. How do we now offer friendship to a nation we have long had an adversarial relationship with? That is why RP's statement is nonsensical.

Iran has no delivery system equal or near to that if Israel, let alone us. Science is science. Nuclear weapons are a 65 year old technology, there is no more stopping the proliferation than there is getting people back to using a telegraph. The only reasonable and prudent answer is to impower the people in each nation to form governments that respond to the needs of the electorate.

The simple answer is we need to assist Israel in hitting Iran's nuke facilities. Will that cause WWIII? I think not. Many nations in the ME do not want an Iran with nukes. They will be happy about it. And remember when the Israelis hit Iraq's nuke facilities years ago? No escalation occurred. They also hit targets in Syria recently and nothing happened.

Ultimately, Israel has no other option but to attack Iran rather than face annihilation. A bigger question is will BO support Israel's attack.

It is too late for talking and offering friendship to Iran. How do we now offer friendship to a nation we have long had an adversarial relationship with? That is why RP's statement is nonsensical.

its nice that you think it will not start world war III....Based on your great knowledge of what Iran would do...starting with the mind blowing idea that you think what Iraq did year ago, means Iran who is more powerful, more Fanatical, and flat out not the same will do the same thing...based on your guess with nothing to back it up. Thats very well worth Starting a major war over. Buy the way..you like 8 buck a gal gas?

its nice that you think it will not start world war III....Based on your great knowledge of what Iran would do...starting with the mind blowing idea that you think what Iraq did year ago, means Iran who is more powerful, more Fanatical, and flat out not the same will do the same thing...based on your guess with nothing to back it up. Thats very well worth Starting a major war over. Buy the way..you like 8 buck a gal gas?

Okay then...Israel and the US should wait for the nukes to destroy Israel. Is that your plan?

Yeah...its not worth starting a war over...just let the Iranians incinerate the Jews like Hitler did....what's the big deal? :rolleyes:

Our choices are either stop Iran from acquiring nukes or expect a nuclear holocaust. While you criticize me for stating an attack on Iran will not start WWIII, you gladly believe Iran will not nuke Israel even though they have clearly stated their intentions...just as Hitler clearly stated his intentions well before effecting them.

Who is out of touch? You or me?

Werbung:
Back