Movies and TV Shows Biased Against Christianity

Werbung:
It's not a right. If it were there would be no laws regarding it.

So by your logic, we don't have the right to use public restrooms, or eat in a public restaurant, or get the same education as Caucasian children because you realize those were all laws in this country too? Caucasian people have the right to own us as slaves too because that was a law. There were a lot of things that were laws in this country that went against our human rights, and because somebody fought for them, we now have all of our rights today. It was called the Civil Rights Movement. Rights being the keyword. Your argument is flawed.

Jesus made a very scary comment once—especially for someone like me who talks/writes all the time. “I tell you,” he said, “on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak. For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned” (Matthew 12:36-37).

Yikes!

Why would Jesus say something like that?

I fully believe that at the judgment seat of God when all God’s people stand before a righteous God he will have a lot to say about words. “You were all wrong,” I suspect he will say, “and some of you were really wrong. But I’ve talked to my Son about you and he says you’re covered. So welcome Home.”

When our words reflect the “covering of Jesus” then those words are not ones that will judge us. They are the words out of which we write to try and praise God for the finished work of Christ.

And I’m not talking about “walking the talk” or being nice to please Jesus. Nobody has words that reflect their own goodness, purity and faithfulness. That’s because nobody is that. I’m talking about the fact that loved people normally love more, great sinners rarely throw rocks, guilty people make others feel guilty while forgiven people set people free, self-righteous folks make us back off while great sinners remind us of Jesus…and our words reflect all of that. It’s not just something you say; it’s something you are.

Just sayin..

I really don't understand what your point is. Are you trying to say that I'm not a true Christian because I believe in gay rights?

Jesus did say to love everyone yet he will not live up to his own standards while sending most on the wide road to hell and sending the few on the narrow path to heaven where we get to watch most of our loved ones fry below us. Nice heaven that. Not.

Regards
DL
Jesus doesn't send anyone to hell. They send themselves to hell by not living their lives right. That's like saying the police sent you to jail. No, you sent yourself to jail by doing whatever it is that you did to get there.

So by your logic, we don't have the right to use public restrooms, or eat in a public restaurant, or get the same education as Caucasian children because you realize those were all laws in this country too? Caucasian people have the right to own us as slaves too because that was a law. There were a lot of things that were laws in this country that went against our human rights, and because somebody fought for them, we now have all of our rights today. It was called the Civil Rights Movement. Rights being the keyword. Your argument is flawed.
My logic ?
If marriage were a right you could marray your mother (not suggesting this us a good idea) without a license. But you cant. Access to public facilities never required a license.
Think it through.

I really don't understand what your point is. Are you trying to say that I'm not a true Christian because I believe in gay rights?
I'm sorry man.. I would never judge someones salvation, I was agreeing with you in away, to many Christians pick certain issues and make it ok to condemn, even popular..

I'm sorry man.. I would never judge someones salvation, I was agreeing with you in away, to many Christians pick certain issues and make it ok to condemn, even popular..

Oh I see. I just wanted clarification on what you meant. Don't be sorry, I just didn't understand.

My logic ?
If marriage were a right you could marray your mother (not suggesting this us a good idea) without a license. But you cant. Access to public facilities never required a license.
Think it through.
You said law, you didn't say license first of all. Secondly, marrying your mother and marrying the person you love is another issue. Thirdly, gay rights is not only about marriage equality, it's about them having equal rights to the rest of us. Marriage equality is only one of the issues.

You said law, you didn't say license first of all. Secondly, marrying your mother and marrying the person you love is another issue. Thirdly, gay rights is not only about marriage equality, it's about them having equal rights to the rest of us. Marriage equality is only one of the issues.
License requirements are established by law.
Tina Turner said it best, "what's love got to do with it ?". This is about property rights, always has been. But you are correct to note that this expanded to gimmies. Society established who deserved the privileges (not rights) and enforce it via licensure. So if you want to bring up interracial then first encode homosexuality into law as was done for interracial among others. Just wanting something is not the same as it being so.

Werbung:
License requirements are established by law.
Tina Turner said it best, "what's love got to do with it ?". This is about property rights, always has been. But you are correct to note that this expanded to gimmies. Society established who deserved the privileges (not rights) and enforce it via licensure. So if you want to bring up interracial then first encode homosexuality into law as was done for interracial among others. Just wanting something is not the same as it being so.

Back