My 15+15+15 plan

And without taxes. . .how do you plan to maintain and further develop the infrastructure?
We are ALREADY going down to the dump when compared with other developed countries in terms of infrastructure. . .

There are just projects that are too big for private enterpreneurs to take on. .and by the way, it is not government employees who work on those big projects. . .it is MANY private enterprises who CONTRACT with the government. And this provides PRIVATE SECTOR jobs, but mostly funded by our tax dollars!

I think you need to start a whole thread to support this notion that we have a problem with infrastructure that is any worse than it has ever been or any worse than other countries. And if we do I will support fixing it. But I have not seen the evidence for that.

Without taxes? Where did anyone say that we do not want taxes. I think every one of us here wants taxes. Those taxes just need to be lower, enacted according to the rule of law, and make sense.

And there are no projects that are too big for the private economy to take on. If a group of people can form an organization called government and it can do a project then they can likewise form some other organization not called government and do that project.

There are however projects that are out of the scope of the private economy to do - like run the military. More importantly it really does not matter at all how big a project is. What matters is if it is authorized in the constitution for the gov to do. A project that is too big for the private sector to accomplish but is not constitutional does not need to be done by gov.

Werbung:
Are we talking about the SAME Thomas Jefferson?

The guy who didn't like the land to be own by ONLY "older" brothers, but wanted it shared equally between all the brothers?

The guy who supported education of children to the point that he wanted the STATES TO OFFER FREE PUBLIC education?

The guy who, although an Anglican, wanted to assure that separation of State and Church would be a basic principle?

The guy who was Welcoming immigration as a way to "divide the land" held by the few "older brothers" to many more people (redistribution of land. . .thus of wealth?).

Yes we are. His name is a marker that tells us what time period we are talking about.

In this thread what he stood for is irrelevant and to me it looks like you are changing the subject.

Who cares if Jefferson wanted public education or not. The statement still is true: "Not one of taxes existed back in Jeffersons days, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. "

Werbung:
And Get this,,,

Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?

Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, then WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?

that is true.

Back