My Prediction if Romney Loses

That has to be one of the most foolish statements I have ever read. How in the world can you believe such a thing?

It's simple. Read the article in the quote, and if you stretch a little, you might even understand it!
By the way there are quite a few more from very reliable sources that I would be glad to forward to you.

But here is another sample:

CBPP: "[V]irtually The Entire Deficit Over The Next Ten Years" Due To Bush Policies, Economic Downturn." The Center on Budget and Policy Priorities (CBPP) published an analysis of federal deficits in December 2009, which was most recently updated on June 28, 2010, titled, "Critics Still Wrong on What's Driving Deficits in Coming Years: Economic Downturn, Financial Rescues, and Bush-Era Policies Drive the Numbers." The report noted:
Some critics continue to assert that President George W. Bush's policies bear little responsibility for the deficits the nation faces over the coming decade -- that, instead, the new policies of President Barack Obama and the 111th Congress are to blame. Most recently, a Heritage Foundation paper downplayed the role of Bush-era policies (for more on that paper, see p. 4). Nevertheless, the fact remains: Together with the economic downturn, the Bush tax cuts and the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq explain virtually the entire deficit over the next ten years.
The report also graphed the effects of Bush's policies and the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan on the deficit. From the report:
cbpp-20110413-downturndeficit.png

Werbung:
It's simple. Read the article in the quote, and if you stretch a little, you might even understand it!
By the way there are quite a few more from very reliable sources that I would be glad to forward to you.

But here is another sample:

I replied to this point in another thread but it never got a response...I will highlight the few main points again:

• Washington set to tax $33 trillion and spend $46 trillion over the next decade, how does one determine which policies will "cause" this $13 trillion deficit?
  • Social Security ($9.2 trillion over 10 years)
  • Antipoverty programs ($7 trillion)
  • Other Medicare spending ($5.4 trillion)
  • Net interest on the debt ($6.1 trillion)
  • Non-defense discretionary spending ($7.5 trillion)

You also in that thread argued it cost $700 billion a year to service the Bush debt -- something which is patently false. You can blame deficits on whatever you want -- but simply highlighting things Bush did and then blaming him for all the debt is absurd.

I replied to this point in another thread but it never got a response...I will highlight the few main points again:

• Washington set to tax $33 trillion and spend $46 trillion over the next decade, how does one determine which policies will "cause" this $13 trillion deficit?

You also in that thread argued it cost $700 billion a year to service the Bush debt -- something which is patently false. You can blame deficits on whatever you want -- but simply highlighting things Bush did and then blaming him for all the debt is absurd.

Did I blame him for ALL the debts? did you even look at the two graphs that I offered?
It is obvious that the Iraq war was Bush's decision. . .and the cost of that war (paid with a Chinese credit card) continue to be carried to this day. . .and probably for the next 30 to 40 years, through the need to fund the Veterans Affairs department to assist our returning Veterans, including those who are disabled and their family. (this amount to anywhere between $75 billion and $100 billion a year and it is independent from the defense budget).
It is also obvious that the bush tax cuts were NO ONE ELSE than Bush's. . .and that they continue to affect our budget. How much does it affect our budget? Those numbers are also provided in the graph and the text I offered.
The fact that the 2008 crash provoked a SEVERE economic downturn that is taken us 3 years to reverse (and even then, at a slow pace due to the WORLD economy which has ALSO been impacted by the 2008 crash) is OBVIOUSLY not President Obama's fault. . .you can argue that it isn't Bush faults either. . .and we can disagree on that! But the fact is that the downturn in the economy and the consequences in lower revenues entry, which increased the deficit is NOT to be attributed to Obama.
Even SOME of the antipoverty programs are NOT fully Obama's responsibility, as the NECESSITY for many of those (including unemployment benefits and welfare programs) were much increased BECAUSE of our economic downturn provoked by the 2008 crash.
Now, obviously, the Medicare spending and the non-defense discretionary spending are the responsibility of EVERY PRESIDENT during their tenure. . .so you can look at it as President Obama's responsibility.
However, the INTEREST ON THE DEBT is ONLY partially Obama's because, most of that debt was NOT created by Obama.

It is simple. . .if you divorce, and your first wife had purchase a home that was above what you could afford, and furniture that you didn't need but that were bought on a credit card IN YOUR NAME, would you feel that it is your NEW WIFE's responsibility to pay for all the credit card expenses that incurred BEFORE you were divorced, and to pay for all the interest rate that accumulated prior to your marriage with your second wife? I don't think so!

But basically, this is what you are doing with President Obama's current deficit. You are "assuming" that he came in with a CLEAN SLATE in terms of deficit, and that everything that has accumulated since he took office is HIS responsibility! Well, the slate was NOT clean when he took office, and the interest rates that accumulate every year INCLUDE interest rates on the list of items that were purchased by GW BUSH, the items that are necessary to maintain our government and our economy (infrastructure, medicare, social security), which are items that EVERY President has ONLY Partial responsibility for, since they were established many years ago by a predecessor and everyone agrees that they have served a very useful purpose ever since, and the expenses that the new president ADDS to the list of expenses and debit that was already in place prior to his inauguration.

By the way, the bailout was "bought" by Bush. . .not Obama, although Obama agreed to it!

Now, I suggest you go back and look a little more closely at the graphs, and try to figure out if it is REALLY honest to put on Obama's "deficit bill" the servicing for the expenses (such as the war in Iraq, prior to 2009, the Bush tax cuts, prior to 2009, and the deficit incurred for the antipoverty programs from prior to 2009).

If I name a 700 billions number for the servicing of the debt at this time, it is because I found it during my research. I do not know if I gave the link or not (I will check), but I certainly didn't pull it out of my hat! And IF I didn't offer a link for that number, I will be happy to do a research again and provide you with that link.

Once and for all. . .in spite of the nastiness and the attempts to ridicule everyone of my posts by the majority of posters in this forum, I NEVER make a statement that does not result from a mixture of my own opinion AND research to back up my opinion (or to revise it) into reliable sources.

I realize that this is not the usual pattern in this forum. . .but this is my way of expressing myself, instead of just spewing unsubstantiated opinions.

Why is it that we can see the heinous nature of the welfare state and abhor it, yet others do not?

Because the arguments against the welfare state have always been a part of a political discussion and it should be isolated as the only important part of the discussion.

Lets make a pact to always focus on the few important things in any discussion. Who cares if some politician slept with his secretary when all of them are smkimming off the top as they redistribute our wealth? In every post find some way to mention one of the few fundamental issues that are important.

Because the arguments against the welfare state have always been a part of a political discussion and it should be isolated as the only important part of the discussion.

Lets make a pact to always focus on the few important things in any discussion. Who cares if some politician slept with his secretary when all of them are smkimming off the top as they redistribute our wealth? In every post find some way to mention one of the few fundamental issues that are important.

That is a good plan, but you know it won't happen. We have one political party who's foremost goal (outside of murdering unborn babies) is providing free stuff to citizens and non-citizens. The other political party is too afraid or too incompetent to protest this obvious vote buying scheme and bankrupting of the nation. The SC and executive branch are corrupted too or pursuing the same goal. Most of the MSM will not allow a reduction in the welfare state without a fight (see media accounts of the Tea Party). So changing the political discourse will be nearly impossible.

Obama and the Ds have in four years, dramatically increased the welfare state and few in political power or the media, have opposed him. Four more years and we could reach the proverbial tipping point. We can easily recognize this, but others do not or are merely putting their heads in the sand. Many demand that government care for them because America is so unfair. This kind of delusional thinking has been promoted by the left for decades and has worked fantastically.

Obama and the Ds have in four years, dramatically increased the welfare state and few in political power or the media, have opposed him. Four more years and we could reach the proverbial tipping point. We can easily recognize this, but others do not or are merely putting their heads in the sand. Many demand that government care for them because America is so unfair. This kind of delusional thinking has been promoted by the left for decades and has worked fantastically.

That's why it's important for them to learn that "elections have consequences" at the hands of the people they put into office. And it's already started. Food stamps are going to be decreased $50 per month and unemployment is going down to six months, not 99 weeks, or whatever it was.

"What the government giveth, the government can taketh away".

Did I blame him for ALL the debts? did you even look at the two graphs that I offered?
It is obvious that the Iraq war was Bush's decision. . .and the cost of that war (paid with a Chinese credit card) continue to be carried to this day. . .and probably for the next 30 to 40 years, through the need to fund the Veterans Affairs department to assist our returning Veterans, including those who are disabled and their family. (this amount to anywhere between $75 billion and $100 billion a year and it is independent from the defense budget).
It is also obvious that the bush tax cuts were NO ONE ELSE than Bush's. . .and that they continue to affect our budget. How much does it affect our budget? Those numbers are also provided in the graph and the text I offered.

You did not blame him for ALL the debt, but your graphs essentially did...by picking and choosing what programs to count as deficit drivers -- they just so happened to pick nothing but Bush programs.

The fact that the 2008 crash provoked a SEVERE economic downturn that is taken us 3 years to reverse (and even then, at a slow pace due to the WORLD economy which has ALSO been impacted by the 2008 crash) is OBVIOUSLY not President Obama's fault. . .you can argue that it isn't Bush faults either. . .and we can disagree on that! But the fact is that the downturn in the economy and the consequences in lower revenues entry, which increased the deficit is NOT to be attributed to Obama.

The CBO has reported that tax revenues are back at their 2007 historic high -- so the argument that we are facing less revenue due to the downturn simply does not stand up to reality. I don't blame Obama for the collapse, but I blame him for a horrible response to it.

Even SOME of the antipoverty programs are NOT fully Obama's responsibility, as the NECESSITY for many of those (including unemployment benefits and welfare programs) were much increased BECAUSE of our economic downturn provoked by the 2008 crash.
Now, obviously, the Medicare spending and the non-defense discretionary spending are the responsibility of EVERY PRESIDENT during their tenure. . .so you can look at it as President Obama's responsibility.
However, the INTEREST ON THE DEBT is ONLY partially Obama's because, most of that debt was NOT created by Obama.

It is simple. . .if you divorce, and your first wife had purchase a home that was above what you could afford, and furniture that you didn't need but that were bought on a credit card IN YOUR NAME, would you feel that it is your NEW WIFE's responsibility to pay for all the credit card expenses that incurred BEFORE you were divorced, and to pay for all the interest rate that accumulated prior to your marriage with your second wife? I don't think so!

Bush ran deficits -- no one argues that point. Bush is responsible for some problems -- no one argues that point. Obama has run 4 straight trillion dollar deficits (with no end in sight), but none of it is his fault?

But basically, this is what you are doing with President Obama's current deficit. You are "assuming" that he came in with a CLEAN SLATE in terms of deficit, and that everything that has accumulated since he took office is HIS responsibility! Well, the slate was NOT clean when he took office, and the interest rates that accumulate every year INCLUDE interest rates on the list of items that were purchased by GW BUSH, the items that are necessary to maintain our government and our economy (infrastructure, medicare, social security), which are items that EVERY President has ONLY Partial responsibility for, since they were established many years ago by a predecessor and everyone agrees that they have served a very useful purpose ever since, and the expenses that the new president ADDS to the list of expenses and debit that was already in place prior to his inauguration.

By the way, the bailout was "bought" by Bush. . .not Obama, although Obama agreed to it!

The stimulus, that "one time" $800 billion spending spree we went on belongs solely to Obama. Since that is now apparently a yearly occurance and has increased the CBO baseline by $800 billion a year (a massive chunk of the deficit), I think you would be hard pressed to blame anyone for that other than Obama.

Now, I suggest you go back and look a little more closely at the graphs, and try to figure out if it is REALLY honest to put on Obama's "deficit bill" the servicing for the expenses (such as the war in Iraq, prior to 2009, the Bush tax cuts, prior to 2009, and the deficit incurred for the antipoverty programs from prior to 2009).

If I name a 700 billions number for the servicing of the debt at this time, it is because I found it during my research. I do not know if I gave the link or not (I will check), but I certainly didn't pull it out of my hat! And IF I didn't offer a link for that number, I will be happy to do a research again and provide you with that link.

You did not give a link -- you claimed that it costs the US $700 billion a year to service Bush debt. I pointed out the actual Treasury figures (with a link) that are nowhere close to that and got no response.

And again, why can't anyone talk about the other massive programs that are driving the debt?

None of this apparently counts -- and it the "wars and tax cuts" that caused the debt. Seems to me I can easily say its Social Security and Medicare that is the problem -- after all, that amounts to $1.3 trillion (roughly) in spending a year.

Once and for all. . .in spite of the nastiness and the attempts to ridicule everyone of my posts by the majority of posters in this forum, I NEVER make a statement that does not result from a mixture of my own opinion AND research to back up my opinion (or to revise it) into reliable sources.

I realize that this is not the usual pattern in this forum. . .but this is my way of expressing myself, instead of just spewing unsubstantiated opinions.

No one is ridiculing your posts for the most part -- people question them, and statements backed up by solid facts stand up to such questioning.

I welcome "questionning in good faith,". Unfortunately these are rare, and seldom done by anyone but you.

The rest usually consist in a short and belitteling refusal to even consider arguments I present (generally with evidence tha I am certainly not the only one thinking that way, reliable sources from experts), or, worst, insulting comments.

Open your eyes.

And, Obama didn't add 4 trillions dollars deficit. IF YOU ARE A BUSUPINESSMAN, you KNOW that deficits grow exponentially, and that deficits habe been growing since Reagan, with a short break at towards the end of Clinton's Administration.

It is obvious that the servicing on the accumilated deficits at the time Bush took office were a LOT SMALLER than the servicing on the accumulated deficits of $1 trillion when Obama took office.

The HIGHEST increase in deficit came in 2009, a year when the budget was STILL Bush's.

Here is another statement and another graph that shows what part of the deficit belongs to Bush (and his predecessors) and which part belongs to Obama.

I notice that you do not bother to present any alternatice sources ro support YOUR OPINION that 4 trillions in deficit is entirely Obama's fault.

http://www.outsidethebeltway.com/how-did-we-get-to-trillion-dollar-deficits/

Could you please show me where I blamed BUSH (or rather where my sources blamed Bush) for ALL THE DEBT?
Deficits are the shortfall between revenue collections and spending in a given year. Debt is the total accumulation of those deficits. I wanted to point that out because you seem to confuse the two concepts as being one in the same although they are not interchangeable.

Now please, address the $830 billion that was supposed to be "one time" emergency spending that has now become additional spending every year. If that money was authorized under Bush, then the additional spending for that year belongs to Bush. However, once Bush was out of office, the decision to continue spending that money falls on Obama - he owns responsibility for that spending now, not Bush.

Obama continues to spend that "one time" emergency money every year, which makes it the primary driver of his trillion dollar deficits. Had Obama allowed that "one time" spending to only occur that "one time" under Bush, then Obama's deficits would have been $830 billion less each year.

That's why it's important for them to learn that "elections have consequences" at the hands of the people they put into office. And it's already started. Food stamps are going to be decreased $50 per month and unemployment is going down to six months, not 99 weeks, or whatever it was.

"What the government giveth, the government can taketh away".

Yes...there is a theory that once the party of freebies (Dems - really commies) starts making cuts to their beloved welfare state, it will face a revolt. Should be fun to watch, though knowing those assholes they will try to burn the house down.

Yes...there is a theory that once the party of freebies (Dems - really commies) starts making cuts to their beloved welfare state, it will face a revolt. Should be fun to watch, though knowing those assholes they will try to burn the house down.

Like cutting food stamps for Ohioans $50 a month ? That sort of cut ?
Or the Medicare voucher system trial he's been test driving ?

Werbung:
Back