North Korea Increases Executions of Cell Phone Users

Truth-Bringer

Ah, the happy, joyful times in collectivist countries where the government always knows best...

North Korea ups public executions against cell phone users

SEOUL, South Korea: North Korea has increased its public executions against cell phone users and those who circulate outside information in the communist country, a South Korean government think tank said Thursday.

The phenomenon of executions of those who "circulate South Korean leaflets and sell videos and use cell phones are on the rise," the South's government-affiliated Korea Institute for National Unification think tank said in a white paper on the North's human rights conditions. No exact figures were given.

North Koreans are officially banned from communicating with the outside world but some of them listen to foreign news and use cell phones through Chinese communication networks, according to North Korean defectors in South Korea. The use of cell phones in North Korea is banned though some are smuggled into the North by Chinese who have links with South Koreans.

The North has been struggling to prevent outside information from seeping into the country and believes the influx of information could possibly lead to the overthrow of the reclusive regime.

"The North carries out public executions regularly to maintain social order by creating an atmosphere of fear," said the institute.

Rest of article here.

Werbung:
Yet the Bush regime are trying to engage North Korea with diplomacy but won't speak with Iran except in the narrowest of terms or open real dialogue with Cuba. So we have our own idiots to worry about.

I think North Korea is trying really, really hard to be the new Kampuchea.

The main difference is we don't have Kissinger and Daddy Bush telling China that we won't get involved with what goes on in Cambodia.

Yup, so since this is more oppressive than the Tyrant Saddam Hussein ever was, I assume you think this is justification for another invasion and occupation and "liberation and democratization" effort. I mean, we already have the troops right there.

Yup, so since this is more oppressive than the Tyrant Saddam Hussein ever was, I assume you think this is justification for another invasion and occupation and "liberation and democratization" effort. I mean, we already have the troops right there.

Cause that wouldn't piss off the Chinese at all...

The main difference is we don't have Kissinger and Daddy Bush telling China that we won't get involved with what goes on in Cambodia.

We do have Bush, Jr. and Cheney sticking their thumbs up their asses and telling the African Union that Darfur is a "debacle" that "must not be tolerated."

Werbung:

More oppressive? As far as I know, kim jong hasn't embarked on any genocidal campaigns nor is he responsible for mass graves with 300,000 people in them.

Back