Obama and the Middle East

Taking all that into account, if Blair was "all sound bites and no substance", why was Labour and Blair returned to office twice more after his initial election?

As I understand it, because the other parties were regarded as utterly unfit for governance.

The Tories would probably not have fared so well in the last election if David Cameron had not detoxed the Tory brand, notwithstanding Labour's collapse.

Scotsman's from the UK though, so feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Werbung:
I know what you are getting at! We've just had 10 years of Tony Blair and he was exactly the same when he first started out campaigning for Prime Minister. It was all cool outfits, big smiles and shirt sleeves, smart rhetoric and tight media control...the new kid on the block that was'nt going to take anymore nonsense from the old established political black siuts, young knight that was going to lead the country into a new era of open and honest politics. Trouble was it was all sound bites and no substance - we had 10 ten years of this vaccuous political actor who had no experience in politics at all apart from being a very skilled orator and a team that kept a very tight grip on the party and what they said to the media.

Blair, like Obama I suppose was a product of a population that was sick and tired of the previous 10 years of Conservative Government the British people would have elected any cupid stunt that came up and said "Hey guys look at me I'm different.... I'm going to change the way politics is done.... I'm not going to make the mistakes of the past" Hey pesto...we got Blair

The similarity of Blair and Obama is frightening..... listen out for all them lovely sound bites and then over time equate them to reality and then listen to the excuses as to why they could not happen. Blair was an absolute master at this.

Good comparison,

I remember Blair came to the USA to rally our people behind the war. He said some of the most stupid off the wall things but he said them with such grace and style, I could not help but like him.

I wish I could remember one line that he said....he was telling us why we need to worry for this Iraq problem and how we had all these hero’s about to make this big destiny and tried to name off a lot of our states, admitting he had never been there but always wanted to visit. There was almost nothing to what he was saying but it was said so goooood. :)
I should try to see if I can find that clip, it would probably still inspire me.

Perhaps you didn't care for Tony Blair, it's obvious you lean toward the Conservatives
.....:D Oh god save me from Tories, but you're right I thought Blair very distastful he was a slick piece of work but just a product of grooming...I guess if I had to choose I'd vote for our local Conservative candidate but I find the Tory leader, David Cameron deeply offensive and constructed in exactly the same vein as Blair...all style no substance, say anything to get into power.

As I understand it, because the other parties were regarded as utterly unfit for governance.

The Tories would probably not have fared so well in the last election if David Cameron had not detoxed the Tory brand, notwithstanding Labour's collapse.
....yup that about sums it up. Cameron is the UK's Obama. He's gonna lead us down the yellow brick road to the promised land as well.....total arsehole!!

Anyway... this is about you're guy and his future not about our knarlsed up country and its problems...

I know what you are getting at! We've just had 10 years of Tony Blair and he was exactly the same when he first started out campaigning for Prime Minister. It was all cool outfits, big smiles and shirt sleeves, smart rhetoric and tight media control...the new kid on the block that was'nt going to take anymore nonsense from the old established political black siuts, young knight that was going to lead the country into a new era of open and honest politics. Trouble was it was all sound bites and no substance - we had 10 ten years of this vaccuous political actor who had no experience in politics at all apart from being a very skilled orator and a team that kept a very tight grip on the party and what they said to the media.

Blair, like Obama I suppose was a product of a population that was sick and tired of the previous 10 years of Conservative Government the British people would have elected any cupid stunt that came up and said "Hey guys look at me I'm different.... I'm going to change the way politics is done.... I'm not going to make the mistakes of the past" Hey pesto...we got Blair

The similarity of Blair and Obama is frightening..... listen out for all them lovely sound bites and then over time equate them to reality and then listen to the excuses as to why they could not happen. Blair was an absolute master at this.

Uh, comparing Blair with Obama is ridiculous. Blair is sophisticated, witty, urbane and very experienced in international affairs. Obama is a bizarre "perfect storm" fluke of the US political system, essentially a ghetto political hack who aspires to office about ten levels above his competence.

Uh, comparing Blair with Obama is ridiculous. Blair is sophisticated, witty, urbane and very experienced in international affairs. Obama is a bizarre "perfect storm" fluke of the US political system, essentially a ghetto political hack who aspires to office about ten levels above his competence.

I agree with this too.

But I think they are the same in the sense that people went goo goo over them, but for very different reasons.

:confused: Masher, Blair had no experience at all when he became Prime Minister especially with International Affairs!! None of the team of ministers that took over from the Major government had Ministerial experience at all... it was all policy on the hoof!!

I have said this before to some one I work with and they about wanted to shoot me. They found it super rude of me to say, I thought it was just accurate.

I am glad to hear someone else besides myself see's this.

its rude to say that? odd, seems like just the truth for me. The Republican party would just rather fund it to no end and many hope to see some giant war to bring Jesus back...Freaks.

Dems are smart enough to know both sides have reasons to be mad, and both have reasons to work to find a deal.

Bush is not from the Ghetto...wait you said Obama...thats just dumb. Then again had you said bush 100 would have been 100,000,000 times

its rude to say that? odd, seems like just the truth for me. The Republican party would just rather fund it to no end and many hope to see some giant war to bring Jesus back...Freaks.

Dems are smart enough to know both sides have reasons to be mad, and both have reasons to work to find a deal.

I do not think most conservatives want Jesus type politics in the white house. If they did then they would have gone for Huckabee like crazy, but they didn't. They gravitated to Romney who is conservative (ish) but not as Jesus as his co pilot.

On a side note, did you notice he is now wearing a flag pin, but not just a normal one; it’s a Jewish American flag pin. Once his thinks he's got the patriot voters he will go back for the flag burners.

Obama can be all things to all people :)

What I really notice and hope everyone else notices is that Senator Obama doesn't wear a flag pin all that often (and the ones I've seen him wear were American flag ones).

Senator Obama doesn't allow neo-cons to bully him into any particular dress code. He wears what he wants when he wants and knows a simple pin is not patriotism.

And just because I may be a little older than some and know the history of "flag lapel pins" it's a very interesting story to pass along.

Flag lapel pins came into great vogue by REPUBLICANS testifying during the Watergate Investigation... remember the "I am not a crook"?

Well that was the Republican way to show... Of course they don't break into the opposing Parties offices and steal documents... CAN'T YOU SEE THIS LAPEL PIN!!!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8S2JKG02&show_article=1

WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said he doesn't wear the American flag lapel pin because it has become a substitute for "true patriotism" since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
Asked about the decision Wednesday in an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the Illinois senator said he stopped doing so shortly after the attacks and instead hoped to show his patriotism by explaining his ideas to citizens.

"The truth is that right after 9-11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9-11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."

Apparently his testament did not work, and he is back to wearing the flag pin.

Personally I think it is weird that he made an issue out of the flag pin in the first place. Why would anyone think about an American flag pin and say I will not wear that pin on my chest to make some weird point.

Either way he is back to wearing one so I am assuming his other plan of showing the American people what he believed will make this country great as a testament to his patriotism didn’t work. Glad he had the pin for a plan B

IIRC, he also said at one point that he stopped wearing it because he'd lost it.

Whatever the case it's just proof positive that he's a slimeball machine political like Hillary, assaying one public face for one audience and quite another for the next. Though, to be fair, at least he doesn't assay phony accents like she did.

ISRAELI COLONIZATION BY PALESTINIAN EMIGRATION

Israel occupies that land usurped at the end of World War II from Palestinian territory, by the victorious British, for the colonial establishment of the millions of undesirable Marxist Jews, pathetic refugees from Nazi German and the USSR, who were categorically denied immigration into the United Kingdom and Europe.

Historically, entire populations of Jews had previously been democratically expelled by England, France, Spain, and Germany forcefully after experiencing their culturally unacceptable patterns of anti-Christian and criminal competition. Their recent notorious adherence to Marxism revolutionary ideology stigmatized them further, as morally despicable and politically dangerous people, except in America where a large competitive population of this type had never previously been experienced.

Now, it is in the vital best interests of every nation in the World to formally accept Israel’s illegal existence as a permanent independent colony for all undesirable Jews from everywhere in World; after Israel and her supporting Diaspora formally apologizes, and justly and honorably agrees to fully compensate the Palestinians for all of their stolen territory, their destroyed infrastructure, and their losses of innocent lives.

Because it is the Palestinians, not the Israelis, who have been unjustly denied the inalienable Human rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for the past 60 years; only the Palestinians have the moral power to sanction Israel’s right to permanently colonize Palestinian territory; and they shall grant that occupation right only after having received sufficient economic retribution to enable all desirable Palestinians to then happily emigrate and acquire education, property, and immigrant citizenship in those countries where their social and economic contributions are welcome.

Werbung:
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8S2JKG02&show_article=1

WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama said he doesn't wear the American flag lapel pin because it has become a substitute for "true patriotism" since the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks.
Asked about the decision Wednesday in an interview with KCRG-TV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, the Illinois senator said he stopped doing so shortly after the attacks and instead hoped to show his patriotism by explaining his ideas to citizens.

"The truth is that right after 9-11 I had a pin," Obama said. "Shortly after 9-11, particularly because as we're talking about the Iraq war, that became a substitute for I think true patriotism, which is speaking out on issues that are of importance to our national security.

"I decided I won't wear that pin on my chest," he said in the interview. "Instead, I'm going to try to tell the American people what I believe will make this country great, and hopefully that will be a testament to my patriotism."

Apparently his testament did not work, and he is back to wearing the flag pin.

Personally I think it is weird that he made an issue out of the flag pin in the first place. Why would anyone think about an American flag pin and say I will not wear that pin on my chest to make some weird point.

Either way he is back to wearing one so I am assuming his other plan of showing the American people what he believed will make this country great as a testament to his patriotism didn’t work. Glad he had the pin for a plan B

its becuse republicans cant win on facts and ideas, they need lame crap like this. Flag Pins, His Middle name, he is a secret Muslim, Racist who hates whites....its all just worthless crap because they can't win on the economy, War, Health Care, or any issue.

Back