Obama announces that the **GOP** will 'cripple' America

The problem is that "equal opportunity" is a myth!
[]

Just one small exemple.

I would like you to keep listing examples of how equal opportunity is a myth.

I bet the vast majority of instances are either the fault of government or not an example of a lack of opportunity. And if there are a few bona fide examples then a few examples does not translate into a whole system of no opportunity.

Werbung:
Btw, I have kids and so far neither one of them has ever done homework on a computer. Maybe it is only impossible for kids in high school to not have a computer? But of course by the time they are old enough to be in high school they can go to the library or stay after school to use the computers there.

I have a computer that is about 6 years old that I don't use at all. It would be just fine for writing papers or surfing the web. Did you know that the Salvation Army won't even take it. I guess they don't have much of a need for computers.

I think Goodwill is taking them for recycling purposes.

And there are programs intended for the poor to sell/give away all those business computers that get replaced every few years. Its a very small sacrifice to get your kid a PC so long as one is willing to do so for their flesh and blood. But of course "the poor" are not always willing to do so. Ergo the ongoing issues they have.

I think Goodwill is taking them for recycling purposes.

And there are programs intended for the poor to sell/give away all those business computers that get replaced every few years. Its a very small sacrifice to get your kid a PC so long as one is willing to do so for their flesh and blood. But of course "the poor" are not always willing to do so. Ergo the ongoing issues they have.

Your obsessive contempt for poor people is offensive.
Didn't I read some place your defending "Christian" values versus secular values?

Your complete disregard for any poor person's plight and your continue refusal to give any poor person the benefit of the doubt. Do you realize that, among the poor live many of our physically and/or mentally disable people, and people with an IQ below 90?

Didn't I read some place your defending "Christian" values versus secular values?

Your complete disregard for any poor person's plight and your continue refusal to give any poor person the benefit of the doubt. Do you realize that, among the poor live many of our physically and/or mentally disable people, and people with an IQ below 90?

Here is an excellent piece that will help you understand conservatism vs liberalism.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guyben..._poverty_is_what_government_is_supposed_to_do

yours is to me as well. in typical lefty fashion you presume that they cannot rise above their circumstances on their own but need the help that YOU prescribe. they are n ot your puppies, they are real people.

secular values in the west came from Christian values.

what doubt is that which I do not give the benefit of ?

He was probably right about the poor being able to afford computers and that the most likely reason a poor family would not have one would be the choice not to buy one.

If they are poor and disabled then they almost certainly qualify for SSDI on top of medicaid. When I was a benefits administrator for people who were mentally disabled those of my clients who had both medicaid and SSDI had more money than those who only had one of those.

Giving the benefit of the doubt we would have to admit that while most of the poor can afford a computer or take advantage of programs that give them away a few cannot afford them. For these people they will need to use the computers at the library. (or a friends)

Werbung:
Back