Obama debates Obama

Federal Farmer

The Great Obama Vs. Obama Debate!

Moderator: Well folks, tonight we have another major political debate. This time, our challengers will be Democrat Senator Barack Obama and Democrat Senator Barack Obama. While both Democrats, they hold very different positions on many important issues. Let’s get started on the questions:

Moderator: How do you feel about the U.S. withdrawing from Iraq as some have proposed?

Obama: There’s not much difference between my position and George Bush’s position at this stage. The failure of the Iraqi state would be a disaster. It would be a betrayal of the promise that we made to the Iraqi people, and it would be hugely destabilizing from a national security perspective.

Obama: Look, I opposed this war from the start. We have to send a clear message to the Iraqi government as well as to the surrounding neighbors that there is no military solution to the problems that we face in Iraq. So we have to begin a phased withdrawal; have our combat troops out by March 31st of next year.

Moderator: The Supreme Court recently made a landmark decision overturning the DC gun bans in favor of upholding the second amendment. Do you support state legislation to ban the manufacture, sale and possession of handguns?

Obama: Yes.

Obama: I believe the second amendment creates an individual right, and greatly respect the constitutional rights of Americans to bear arms.

Moderator: The subject of decriminalizing marijuana has resurfaced in political debate. Do you support the legalization of marijuana?

Obama: I think we need to rethink and decriminalize our marijuana laws.

Obama: I’m not somebody who believes in legalization of marijuana.

Moderator: The question of whether the president has the right to spy on terrorists has been a question of both national security and domestic liberties. Much of this debate has centered around the FISA bill which you have both voted on. What are your thoughts on the debate?

Obama: Given the grave threats that we face, our national security agencies must have the capability to gather intelligence and track down terrorists before they strike.

Obama: We are trying to protect the American people, not special interests like the telecommunications industry. We are trying to ensure that we don’t sacrifice our liberty in pursuit of security, and it is past time for the Administration to join us in that effort.

Moderator: Is Iran a threat to the U.S. in your view?

Obama: Iran, Cuba, Venezuela, these countries are tiny compared to the Soviet Union. They don’t pose a serious threat to us the way the Soviet Union posed a threat to us….You know, Iran, they spend one-one hundredth of what we spend on the military. If Iran ever tried to pose a serious threat to us, they wouldn’t stand a chance.

Obama: I’ve made it clear for years that the threat from Iran is grave. It has an illicit nuclear program. It supports terrorism across the region and militias in Iraq. It threatens Israel’s existence.

Moderator: What is your policy on Free Trade agreements such as the North American Free Trade Agreement?

Obama: I believe in free trade. And as somebody who’s lived overseas, who has family overseas, I’ve seen what’s happened in terms of rising living standards around the globe. That’s a good thing for America, it’s good for our national security.

Obama: I didn’t just start criticizing unfair trade deals like NAFTA because I started running for office - I’m doing it because I’ve seen what happens to a community when the factory closes down and the jobs move overseas.

Moderator: Excuse me, a minor clarification: The North American Free Trade Agreement only involves countries which are in North America. That would be Canada, Mexico, and the 50 states. At no point does “overseas” become involved.

Obama: I’ve now been to 57 states…..

Moderator: I see. I said that there were 50 states and now you are trying to “correct” me. Obama, for the sake of the debate, I highly recommend that you continue your debate with Obama and avoid making claims involving geography.

Moderator: We’re going to move on to the recent discussion of Reverend Wright. As many of you know, Reverend Wright has made a number of controversial statements including asking God to “damn America”. We’d like to ask the candidates a few questions about their relationship to Wright.

Moderator: First, did you know that Wright was making such controversial statements?

Obama: You know, frankly I didn’t. I wasn’t in church during the time that these statements were made.

Obama: Did I hear him make remarks that could be considered controversial while I sat in the church? Yes.

Moderator: How do you justify or explain your willful presence in the church for 20 years?

Obama: Had I known that many of these comments were being made, I would’ve confronted Revered Wright directly.

Obama: He’s like a crazy uncle.

Obama: I can no more disown him than I can disown the black community.

Obama: His comments were not only divisive and destructive, but I believe that they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate, and I believe that they do not portray accurately the perspective of the black church.

Moderator: Pardon me for interrupting, but only one response is allowed per question. Your opponent, Obama, hasn’t even had a chance to respond. Obama, since you will only get a single response to this question, and since your opponent went over the time limit, I’m going to give you follow-up questions to your response. Ok, same question, how do you justify or explain your willful presence in the church for 20 years?

Obama: Not once in my conversations with him have I heard him talk about any ethnic group in derogatory terms, or treat whites with whom he interacted with anything but courtesy and respect.

Moderator: But in your book, “Dreams from my Father”, you explicitly stated that Wright railed against “white man’s greed”. Do you agree or disagree with Revered Wright’s comments on white people?

Obama: They certainly don’t portray accurately my values and beliefs. And if Rev. Wright thinks that that’s political posturing, as he put it, then he doesn’t know me very well.

Moderator: But you said in your book, “Dreams from my Father”, “That’s just how white folks will do you….It was as if white folks didn’t know they were being cruel in the first place. Or at least thought you deserving of their scorn.”

Moderator: Do you still feel that way? Obama? Obama, where are you going?

Obama: Oh come on now, I mean I just answered like, 8 questions.

Moderator: Well, that concludes our debate between Senator Barack Obama and Senator Barack Obama. They hold very different positions on important issues, and I’m glad we were able to discuss them here tonight. Incidentally, only one of the two candidates is still in the building, so we will not have any closing arguments. Thank you Senator Obama for coming to this debate and staying through its duration. Thank you audience for withholding your applause as was requested. And everyone have a good night.

Note: All responses are quoted from Senator Barack Obama - some taken directly from his own website. Only the moderator and the event is fictional. Still, if Obama was ever kind enough to debate himself, I suspect that it would look something like this.

Werbung:
I may have to call Senator Obama and personally ask him to rethink the whole Joe Biden as VP pick thing just because of the way it's affecting this board!:D

I mean I know... I know... I saw the enthusiasm. It is the death nail to everything McBush but come on. No one forced John McBush to be McBush. He ran for President before as the anti-Bush. Now he's Mr. I love Bush policy let me brag how I've supported it over 95% of the time.

Not only is that not change we can believe in... IT'S GEORGE BUSH IN A MIRROR 30 YEARS FROM NOW! Like George Bush, want the devastation to continue... John McBush IS YOUR MAN!!!

I may have to call Senator Obama and personally ask him to rethink the whole Joe Biden as VP pick thing just because of the way it's affecting this board!:D

I mean I know... I know... I saw the enthusiasm. It is the death nail to everything McBush but come on. No one forced John McBush to be McBush. He ran for President before as the anti-Bush. Now he's Mr. I love Bush policy let me brag how I've supported it over 95% of the time.

Not only is that not change we can believe in... IT'S GEORGE BUSH IN A MIRROR 30 YEARS FROM NOW! Like George Bush, want the devastation to continue... John McBush IS YOUR MAN!!!

that is just silly, if you have been paying attention to the intire board you would get it (I think)

I think Fed Farmer is expressing his freedom of speech, and it has zero to do with the vp pick, this would have happened even if you were still waiting for your text message.

IF the posts were about Biden I could see your point.

But I am happy for you if you are happy and I am happy for the country because no matter what there is at least going to be one person in the white house with more than a single brain cell come January, I couldnt say that before today :)

NO O, don't worry about top gun, he's trying to play the old Red Herring game by injecting Biden into a discussion about the fact that Obastard has flip flopped so much that he makes Kerry look like the Rock of Gibralter.

Come on PFOS, why is it that every time someone mentions a question about Obastard, liberals simply can't discuss the issue before them instead of trotting out all of these RED HERRINGS?

If you can't discuss the issue at hand, don't, but don't try to play these silly games.

Come on PFOS, why is it that every time someone mentions a question about Obastard, liberals simply can't discuss the issue before them instead of trotting out all of these RED HERRINGS?

If you can't discuss the issue at hand, don't, but don't try to play these silly games.

did you want to debate the issues talked about? Seems to me you just wanted to attack him for Flip Flopping...something McCain has done very well. So Im not sure what you want to talk about then.

I don't really care about flip flopping...quote me from 5 years ago I would not agree with many things I said. I have said things and later found out more info and changed view a week later.

If you want to talk about any of those issues fine, im willing, but if you just wanted to say he is a flip flopper then I don't have much to say, its politics ...he is a politican....they all do it..

only reason I care that McCain flipped on alot of things, is alot of the times they are things I agreed with him on, then he moved the other way...I take issue with that I don't agree anymore that he changed is something that happens when running for office.

And that 57 states thing as a flip flop? Get real. Unless you realy think he thinks there are 57 states (and if you do I am not sure what I think was dumber,,, that you belive that, or someone who thinks there are 57 states) Let me ask do you believe McCain thinks Afghanistan and Iraq have a Border? I bet not, but he said it....

Also if you want to debate flipping on issues, quotes and knowing when it was said and all that helps...

NO O, don't worry about top gun, he's trying to play the old Red Herring game by injecting Biden into a discussion about the fact that Obastard has flip flopped so much that he makes Kerry look like the Rock of Gibralter.

Dude... you don't want to go down road Flip Flop. In fact right now just to be safe take both the words Flip and Flop out of your vocabulary completely.

John McCain (and I could & have posted 10 YouTubes in a row) has Flip Flopped so much that the John McCain that ran for President in 2000 wouldn't even vote for the John McCain running now. In fact he'd probably be cussing him out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVWh5jO2Dxo

oh... and am I officially off your ignore list now because I missed you... LoL!:D

Werbung:
Back