Obama starts website to deal with smears

Werbung:
The Obama campaign has started a pro active website dedicated entirely to dealing with false rumors and smears...like the so called whitey tape. What it does is confront the rumor head on and set the record straight. Check it out:

http://my.barackobama.com/page/content/fightthesmearshome/

This one is a LIE:

LIE: Rush Limbaugh says a tape exists of Michelle Obama using the word “whitey” from the pulpit of Trinity United

Rush never said the tape existed, he "reported" that others were claiming such a tape existed AND he thought that was NONSENSE. If such tape did exist, Rush explained, the Clinton's would have used it to knock Obama out of the race.

Way to pick on Rush though... Nevermind that CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC, NBC, and the rest of the media outlets "reported" that others were claiming such a tape existed.

Hacks make up lies

Obama Refutes lies

And you attack him for refuting the lies..

amazing

And Democracy dies just a bit more.

But ya see, "me thinks the lady (senator) doth protest too much" (Hamlet Act 3, scene 2)

If it's just lies, he should ignore them, instead of (effectively) blurting

"I didn't do it! I didn't do it! Ya gotta believe me!"

Sounds like desperation to me! :D

No, its a shrewd technique of holding up the most paper thin and extreme examples of dirty politics to reinforce his message of "Change", I'll show you:

"What you won't hear from this campaign or this party is the kind of politics that uses religion as a wedge, and patriotism as a bludgeon -- That sees our opponents not as competitors to challenge but enemies to demonize. Because we may call ourselves Democrats and Republicans, but we are Americans first. We are always Americans first."

Now this is excellent propaganda, my hats off to the guy running his propaganda campaign (they call themselves PR officers).

Some may remember I mentioned elsewhere about how trigger words are used to induce emotion and replace reason, Let me run down a quick list... Look who is RIGHT at the top:
Rush Limbaugh (pointed out that he shouldn't be on here at all, so his name is there for a specific reason)
GOP
Muslim
Radical
Koran
Pledge of Allegiance
So theres my list of trigger words, lets juxtapose those against what he is saying in the quote about what you WONT HEAR from his campaign or party:
1. "Religion as a wedge" plays into; Muslim, Radical and Koran accusations.
2. "Patriotism as a bludgeon" goes with the Pledge of Allegiance accusation.
3. "That sees our opponents not as competitors to challenge but enemies to demonize." This whole line is directed at Rush Limbaugh and the GOP - They are the racist, sexist hatemongers.

So if the technique is successful, bots will come away with a greater sense of disdain for the Political Right - and at the same time - a greater sense of compassion and resolve for supporting Obama.

Some other things Obama will not talk about are all legitimate criticism. He feels he's above justifying; his ever changing policy positions, long time associations with Racist and Anti-American individuals, fiscal irresponsibility. Those things are all considered "politics as usual" and "have no bearing on the real problems facing America".

After accepting the transparent "Slash and Burn" examples as being typical of ALL criticism toward Obama, its easy to let him slide when he dodges Legitimate Criticism.
---------------------------

Worth noting... Obama did not promise he, or his party, would refrain from: Class warfare, Charges of Sexism, Race-Baiting, Ageism, Tu-Quoque (Ad Hominem of Hypocrisy) during this election.

So expect a great deal of all of it.

Good points, but when a politician can use "Waaaaaah! They're just demonizing me!" as a successful defense to having his demonic past pointed out, then I am reminded of the H. L. Mencken quote:

"Nobody ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public."

But ya see, "me thinks the lady (senator) doth protest too much" (Hamlet Act 3, scene 2)

If it's just lies, he should ignore them, instead of (effectively) blurting

"I didn't do it! I didn't do it! Ya gotta believe me!"

no you say nothing and people like you believe it is true. Realy sad that you can attack someone for defending himself against slander.

No, its a shrewd technique of holding up the most paper thin and extreme examples of dirty politics to reinforce his message of "Change", I'll show you:

"What you won't hear from this campaign or this party is the kind of politics that uses religion as a wedge, and patriotism as a bludgeon -- That sees our opponents not as competitors to challenge but enemies to demonize. Because we may call ourselves Democrats and Republicans, but we are Americans first. We are always Americans first."

Now this is excellent propaganda, my hats off to the guy running his propaganda campaign (they call themselves PR officers).

Some may remember I mentioned elsewhere about how trigger words are used to induce emotion and replace reason, Let me run down a quick list... Look who is RIGHT at the top:
Rush Limbaugh (pointed out that he shouldn't be on here at all, so his name is there for a specific reason)
GOP
Muslim
Radical
Koran
Pledge of Allegiance
So theres my list of trigger words, lets juxtapose those against what he is saying in the quote about what you WONT HEAR from his campaign or party:
1. "Religion as a wedge" plays into; Muslim, Radical and Koran accusations.
2. "Patriotism as a bludgeon" goes with the Pledge of Allegiance accusation.
3. "That sees our opponents not as competitors to challenge but enemies to demonize." This whole line is directed at Rush Limbaugh and the GOP - They are the racist, sexist hatemongers.

So if the technique is successful, bots will come away with a greater sense of disdain for the Political Right - and at the same time - a greater sense of compassion and resolve for supporting Obama.

Some other things Obama will not talk about are all legitimate criticism. He feels he's above justifying; his ever changing policy positions, long time associations with Racist and Anti-American individuals, fiscal irresponsibility. Those things are all considered "politics as usual" and "have no bearing on the real problems facing America".

After accepting the transparent "Slash and Burn" examples as being typical of ALL criticism toward Obama, its easy to let him slide when he dodges Legitimate Criticism.
---------------------------

Worth noting... Obama did not promise he, or his party, would refrain from: Class warfare, Charges of Sexism, Race-Baiting, Ageism, Tu-Quoque (Ad Hominem of Hypocrisy) during this election.

So expect a great deal of all of it.

That all implies that the Right has any real points to debate, it seems like they must not have much at all from what I have sceen. Also the whole Al Gore invted the internet , the Kerry Swift Boat crap..McCain and illigit black babys, the JOhn kerry wants to Ban the bible stuff...all is bull but all hurt due to the fact they did not stand up and say Bull*** to the **** who put out this ^(*&(

That all implies that the Right has any real points to debate, it seems like they must not have much at all from what I have sceen.
We are on the same page there... at least as far as McCain being "representative" of the Right. He is effectively the figurehead leading the charge so to speak... but he's awful. I said elsewhere, on my 3 main issues in this election, McCain and Obama were equally worthless with 0/3. I don't see McCain as posterboy for the direction I'd hoped to see the Republican party go - a Conservative direction.

Now back to your implication: There are plenty of legitimate points an actual Conservative could debate with Obama. But since there isn't a Conservative running against Obama for president, there's no point in the debate beyond exposing his flawed policy suggestions.

Why do Conservatives know Obama's policies are flawed?? We saw the same crap with Carter that Obama's suggesting, so his policies are not "New" or "Fresh" they have all been implemented before. They had the opposite of the intended effect then but we're led to believe if we HOPE enough for CHANGE, then once Obama is in office, it will miraculously work and re-write all known laws of Economics to date.
96e6be15d6.jpg

We are on the same page there... at least as far as McCain being "representative" of the Right. He is effectively the figurehead leading the charge so to speak... but he's awful. I said elsewhere, on my 3 main issues in this election, McCain and Obama were equally worthless with 0/3. I don't see McCain as posterboy for the direction I'd hoped to see the Republican party go - a Conservative direction.

Now back to your implication: There are plenty of legitimate points an actual Conservative could debate with Obama. But since there isn't a Conservative running against Obama for president, there's no point in the debate beyond exposing his flawed policy suggestions.

Why do Conservatives know Obama's policies are flawed?? We saw the same crap with Carter that Obama's suggesting, so his policies are not "New" or "Fresh" they have all been implemented before. They had the opposite of the intended effect then but we're led to believe if we HOPE enough for CHANGE, then once Obama is in office, it will miraculously work and re-write all known laws of Economics to date.
96e6be15d6.jpg

Personally I think McCain is above a lot of this crap, that said he has not really hit hard back at the people who are doing this, so he gets a bit of both sides. above it, against it, but not actually having to do anything to stop it. As far as being conservative, I think he is a lot more conservative them he gets credit for, as he gets all the press for the fact he works with dems on and was not with the party on a few issues. At least more of a Conservative then Bush has been. Though I do always find it odd how some call him such a liberal, and to me its a insult to liberals who are the ones who have stood up to his policies for 8 years, while most of the right rubber stamped them

also what where those 3 issues I missed that. I had the same issue in 2000 when people asked why I was voteing nader and throwing away my vote ( I hate those throw away your vote people) and costing Gore. Fact was on
the
Death penalty
Middle east/Israel Policy
Health Care,
Drug war
and even on the Environment, I did not agree with Gore, but rather Nader, all top issues for me. ( for the environment part, Gore did a poor job showing that he actually was going do something about it, or cared as much as stated. After he lost he finally convinced me...to late)

Werbung:
Personally I think McCain is above a lot of this crap, that said he has not really hit hard back at the people who are doing this, so he gets a bit of both sides. above it, against it, but not actually having to do anything to stop it. As far as being conservative, I think he is a lot more conservative them he gets credit for, as he gets all the press for the fact he works with dems on and was not with the party on a few issues. At least more of a Conservative then Bush has been. Though I do always find it odd how some call him such a liberal, and to me its a insult to liberals who are the ones who have stood up to his policies for 8 years, while most of the right rubber stamped them

also what where those 3 issues I missed that. I had the same issue in 2000 when people asked why I was voteing nader and throwing away my vote ( I hate those throw away your vote people) and costing Gore. Fact was on
the
Death penalty
Middle east/Israel Policy
Health Care,
Drug war
and even on the Environment, I did not agree with Gore, but rather Nader, all top issues for me. ( for the environment part, Gore did a poor job showing that he actually was going do something about it, or cared as much as stated. After he lost he finally convinced me...to late)

McCain being above it, I can almost agree with and I'll come back to why he's selective in his targets for attack in a moment.

McCain more Conservative than Bush? Cant buy that, not at all. McCain made his entire reputation as being a "Maverick", willing to buck his own party and constituents... Which goes back to the point about McCain being above it... McCain repeatedly attacks Conservatives because as he sees it - Where else they gonna go?

On Bush Policies: He "reached out" to the Liberals and put many of them in charge of drafting the legislation that you say was "rubber stamped". Liberals DID NOT fight Bush for 8 years, only since we went into Iraq - At which point the Liberals had to change their stories completely to cover for the fact that they had helped write and pass the same legislation they now wanted to hold Bush "accountable" for.

McCain is the same way - Mcain Liberman, McCain Feingold, McCain Kennedy, the list goes on and on.... Yet Obama, who doesn't have ONE PEICE of co-authored legislation with a Republican, is heralded as the great uniter who will reach across politcal boundaries.

The only issue that I see McCain being more Conservative on than Bush, is Earmarks. Whoopty doo... A single issue does not a conservative make.

Seneca's 3 Issues: ={CaLiCo}=
1. Capitalism: Business friendly policies
2. Libertarian: Reduction of Government Control over the private sector
3. Conservative: Complete Fiscal Responsibility - Cut Wasteful spending, Cut Taxes, bring the Nat Budget under control.

Back