Oil Spill

Werbung:
Interesting thought here but your Government is trying to play hard ball with BP, in my ignorance of the fallout in this political cluster**** are they doing the same with Transocean and Haliburton?

Thoughts.........

It may appear hard ball, but its soft ball. BP has big ties to BO and others in his administration.

You should know by now that American liberals like to talk tough, but are really a bunch of pu**ies. Most are only interested in enriching themselves and BP was doing a good job of helping them accomplish this.

And, libs hate Haliburton big time, but I can assure you libs got lots of money from them too.

Not following your logic. Because there are died and injured means the cause has been determined???:confused:
let me make it simpler ......... Your government doesn't seem to give a ****e what the cause of the accident was they've done the inevitable knee jerk and gone straight to the blame phase. Now that may satisfy the banal levels of those tossers that have a less nuanced view on life but for those with a more sophisticated view on events political static is a waste of energy. The dead and injured would probably be more interested in an investigation conducted without testosterone filled politicians charging around like bulls in china shops thinking that they know what's going on!

This accident needs to be conducted in an environment free from political interest.

This accident needs to be conducted in an environment free from political interest.

Ain't going to happen with these bunch of corrupt fools in charge.

The point is what caused the "accident" has yet to be determined conclusively. One theory is they hit a methane pocket which caused the explosion. To date, no one knows for sure what caused the explosion.

let me make it simpler ......... Your government doesn't seem to give a ****e what the cause of the accident was they've done the inevitable knee jerk and gone straight to the blame phase. Now that may satisfy the banal levels of those tossers that have a less nuanced view on life but for those with a more sophisticated view on events political static is a waste of energy. The dead and injured would probably be more interested in an investigation conducted without testosterone filled politicians charging around like bulls in china shops thinking that they know what's going on!

I think fixing it, is a much bigger issue right now...it will take quite some time to find the cause...but finding the cause will not help anyone right now will it? Its like yelling at Firemen for not trying to find the cause of the fire...while the fire is still going and people are inside...as if that is the biggest issue at the moment.

I think fixing it, is a much bigger issue right now...it will take quite some time to find the cause...but finding the cause will not help anyone right now will it? Its like yelling at Firemen for not trying to find the cause of the fire...while the fire is still going and people are inside...as if that is the biggest issue at the moment.

I can't believe we agree on something. I think I need my head examined...

I think fixing it, is a much bigger issue right now....
as a short term goal yes I totally agree and that will happen. However, the most important part of this process is the identification of those factors that contributed to the cause of the accident and identification of those proceedures/methods/designs that can be implemented to reduce the risk of such an event occurring again. This is not only important for BP/Haliburton etc. but important for all stakeholders in the energy supply industry. Contrary to popular myth this is not solely a BP issue it's an industry wide issue and it has to be analysed in an intelligent fasion free from external political static in order to make deep sea emergy production that much safer not only for the environment but also for those men and women employed in the sector.

Werbung:
as a short term goal yes I totally agree and that will happen. However, the most important part of this process is the identification of those factors that contributed to the cause of the accident and identification of those proceedures/methods/designs that can be implemented to reduce the risk of such an event occurring again. This is not only important for BP/Haliburton etc. but important for all stakeholders in the energy supply industry. Contrary to popular myth this is not solely a BP issue it's an industry wide issue and it has to be analysed in an intelligent fasion free from external political static in order to make deep sea emergy production that much safer not only for the environment but also for those men and women employed in the sector.

Agreed. But, BP is goin down. Many experts predict bankruptcy by months end. That is not good. The pols need someone to scape goat and BP appears to be it.

Hell some DF libs have called for the government to take over BP altogether. That could be coming too.

Back