Palin gets lowest vote of confidence since Quayle

Popeye

In a new USA Today Poll only 39% say Sarah Palin is qualified to be president, the lowest number for any VP choice since Dan Quayle. By contrast, when Obama's pick of Joe Biden was announced 57% felt he was qualified.

Some other interesting numbers:

67%, say putting Palin on the ticket won't affect their vote; 72% say that of Biden.

18% say Palin makes them more likely to vote for McCain, 11% less likely. That net-positive impact of 7 points is similar to Biden's: 14% said his pick made them more likely to vote for Obama, 7% less likely.

46% rate McCain's choice of Palin as excellent or "pretty good," while 37% say it is "only fair" or poor. Over the past two decades, only Quayle received lower ratings after being picked for a ticket.

Here are some numbers which indicate McCain's choice may backfire in at least one area...Among Democratic women — including those who may be disappointed that New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton did not win the Democratic nomination 9% say Palin makes them more likely to support McCain, 15% less likely.

From what I've been reading, it appears many female Clinton supporters are insulted by the Palin pick, driving them over towards Obama, these numbers support that. On the hand, Palin does shore up the conservative base for McCain, so I guess we'll see what happens.

As is usually the case, VP picks are much hyped by the media but the races come down to the names at the top of the ticket.

Werbung:
In a new USA Today Poll only 39% say Sarah Palin is qualified to be president, the lowest number for any VP choice since Dan Quayle. By contrast, when Obama's pick of Joe Biden was announced 57% felt he was qualified.

Some other interesting numbers:

67%, say putting Palin on the ticket won't affect their vote; 72% say that of Biden.

18% say Palin makes them more likely to vote for McCain, 11% less likely. That net-positive impact of 7 points is similar to Biden's: 14% said his pick made them more likely to vote for Obama, 7% less likely.

46% rate McCain's choice of Palin as excellent or "pretty good," while 37% say it is "only fair" or poor. Over the past two decades, only Quayle received lower ratings after being picked for a ticket.

Here are some numbers which indicate McCain's choice may backfire in at least one area...Among Democratic women — including those who may be disappointed that New York Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton did not win the Democratic nomination 9% say Palin makes them more likely to support McCain, 15% less likely.

From what I've been reading, it appears many female Clinton supporters are insulted by the Palin pick, driving them over towards Obama, these numbers support that. On the hand, Palin does shore up the conservative base for McCain, so I guess we'll see what happens.

As is usually the case, VP picks are much hyped by the media but the races come down to the names at the top of the ticket.

Guess it bods well since Bush/Quayle won.

Guess it bods well since Bush/Quayle won.

Indeed they did, though certainly no credit can be given to Quayle. In fact I would suggest George H Bush was a stronger candidate than McCain and by the same token Obama is a much stronger candidate than Dukakis.

what does that say when only 57% said Biden was...you dont have to agree with him, but he is clearly more then qualified.

No one is disputing Biden's qualifications. But Palin brings her own set of qualifications to the table as well.

The low rating is just a reaction to the initial lib media attempt to belittle her. Once people see the REAL person, as opposed to the lib media version, her ratings will go up.

No one is disputing Biden's qualifications. But Palin brings her own set of qualifications to the table as well.

Let's see. Palin's qualifications consist of serving as mayor of Wasilla, a town with a population smaller than many high schools. Still, she manged to leave it 20 million in debt. Then moving on to an entire 1 1/2 years as governor of a state with a population smaller than a good sized city. Still she managed to get involved in the troopergate scandal, investigation ongoing.

Other than that she makes the right happy, I see absolutely nothing that qualifies her to sit a heartbeat away from the presidency..behind an old man who has had health issues.

The American public agree, in all the polls I've seen, those that think she's qualified are in the minority.

what does that say when only 57% said Biden was...you dont have to agree with him, but he is clearly more then qualified.

This is so silly

Joe Biden is more qualitifed than the jack ass he is running with. No one disputes that.

Sarah Palin is also more qualiifed than that jack ass who is running with Joe Biden, and John McCain is more qualified than that Jack ass running with Joe Biden.

Obama is the least qualified of the 4 running for president or VP.

Palin is second lowest in qualifications.

Obama is running to be the freakin president
she is running to be the vp

now i know for sure that libs really do not care at all about truth or honesty

Let's see. Palin's qualifications consist of serving as mayor of Wasilla, a town with a population smaller than many high schools. Still, she manged to leave it 20 million in debt. Then moving on to an entire 1 1/2 years as governor of a state with a population smaller than a good sized city. Still she managed to get involved in the troopergate scandal, investigation ongoing.

Other than that she makes the right happy, I see absolutely nothing that qualifies her to sit a heartbeat away from the presidency..behind an old man who has had health issues.

The American public agree, in all the polls I've seen, those that think she's qualified are in the minority.

Her qualifications are not going to make or break the election. She has Executive experience, a small amount yes, but Obama has only Legislative experience and all he has managed to do is vote "present" on many issues and defeat Alan Keyes in a scandal plagued seat. Guess he is ready to be President?

In a new USA Today Poll only 39% say Sarah Palin is qualified to be president, the lowest number for any VP .
.......sorry.....is it just me here! 39% said she is not qualified to be President - she's running for Vice President not President but hey who cares its all the same thing huh!!??

Does one have to pass an examination to be President? Is there Bachelors Degree in Presidency? Take the current incumbent, Mr. Bush, that blithering idiot....is he qualified to be president? He may be president but is he qualified? Probably not.... he can't even string words into a sentance but the God Squad love him so thats okay.

And Obama bless his cotton socks, is he qualified? has he passed a test? can he wave his Pesidency Masters Degree at the presee and pollsters and say "hey looky here I've got the right stuff! says son on my Degree! BUT sadly no.... of course not! Neither can McCain as he only came 5th from bottom at Anapolis (but at least he knows how the Roman Empire came to collapse!)

So the whole poll is a waste of f**king time because there is no qualifications the Job and none of them are thus "qualified". I do so love American politcs!

The question should be - do you think they are fit for purpose?

.......sorry.....is it just me here! 39% said she is not qualified to be President - she's running for Vice President not President but hey who cares its all the same thing huh!!??

Does one have to pass an examination to be President? Is there Bachelors Degree in Presidency? Take the current incumbent, Mr. Bush, that blithering idiot....is he qualified to be president? He may be president but is he qualified? Probably not.... he can't even string words into a sentance but the God Squad love him so thats okay.

And Obama bless his cotton socks, is he qualified? has he passed a test? can he wave his Pesidency Masters Degree at the presee and pollsters and say "hey looky here I've got the right stuff! says son on my Degree! BUT sadly no.... of course not! Neither can McCain as he only came 5th from bottom at Anapolis (but at least he knows how the Roman Empire came to collapse!)

So the whole poll is a waste of f**king time because there is no qualifications the Job and none of them are thus "qualified". I do so love American politcs!

The question should be - do you think they are fit for purpose?

Eight US presidents have died in office. McCain is 72 going on 90, he has had documented problems with cancer. The VP's qualifications are extremely relevant.

Eight US presidents have died in office. McCain is 72 going on 90, he has had documented problems with cancer. The VP's qualifications are extremely relevant.

Does he have cancer... no.

Obama is black, black people get AIDS a lot, I guess we should be worried right? :rolleyes: Give me a break.

so the choices are

vote for a totally unqualified person to start running our country who could be killed in office and then a pretty qualified person would be in charge, but I would not agree with his leading style.

or

vote for a pretty qualified man who could die in office and get a not so qualiified girl? but I would agree with the girl...

Ill take my chances on starting out with the qualified guy then

Werbung:

Hi Mate I understand that age is an issue but have to add a great big SO WHAT!

Take any former VP and look at what "qualifications" they've had. In the event that a POTUS snuffs it during his/her term of office does not mean that all the advisers/staffers department heads and the legions of other civil servants suddenly stop functioning and descend into a state of administrative atrophy. Government goes on!

Presidents take office with absolutely no training or qualifications for the job...none! All they have proven is they can speak.... tell a good tale and survive the maelstrom of the 24 hour press corps! We have the same with our politicians... with a few exception they are functional failures in commercial life! You would not employ them!

We are taking about politicans

pol·i·ti·cian Audio Help /ˌpɒlɪˈtɪʃən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pol-i-tish-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

1. a person who is active in party politics.
2. a seeker or holder of public office, who is more concerned about winning favor or retaining power than about maintaining principles.
3. a person who holds a political office.
4. a person skilled in political government or administration; statesman or stateswoman.
5. an expert in politics or political government.
6. a person who seeks to gain power or advancement within an organization in ways that are generally disapproved.

I think you need to take a step back and really look at the political and administrative processes under which a President and Vice President function - they do not operate in a vacuum, nor would they be permitted.

Thus, is Palin any less "qualified" to make choices than McCain?

Back