Plane bomber fails bring back firing squads

top gun

OK I know this thread sounds kinda harsh coming from a moderate guy like me.:cool:

But I'm sure you've all heard the news there's been another lunatic try to blow himself and the plane he was on up along with like 300 other innocent passengers.

On one hand I think this highlights what this "war" on terror really is. It's us having to keep getting much better a policing & intel & detection at all levels... local, TSA, FBI, CIA, INTERPOL Etc. This is what we have to deal with. There's not going to be an armada of terrorist ships attacking our coast in a invasion or terrorist Air Force bomber fleets swooping in on us. It's a few, sometimes just one really bad or crazy criminal at a time.

That said I fly a lot. I fly A lot with family. Is it wrong for me in the back of my mind to think it might be OK to have a full and complete fair trial... all the appeals... and then a televised firing squad?

These punks irritate me.

Werbung:
OK I know this thread sounds kinda harsh coming from a moderate guy like me.:cool:

But I'm sure you've all heard the news there's been another lunatic try to blow himself and the plane he was on up along with like 300 other innocent passengers.

On one hand I think this highlights what this "war" on terror really is. It's us having to keep getting much better a policing & intel & detection at all levels... local, TSA, FBI, CIA, INTERPOL Etc. This is what we have to deal with. There's not going to be an armada of terrorist ships attacking our coast in a invasion or terrorist Air Force bomber fleets swooping in on us. It's a few, sometimes just one really bad or crazy criminal at a time.

That said I fly a lot. I fly A lot with family. Is it wrong for me in the back of my mind to think it might be OK to have a full and complete fair trial... all the appeals... and then a televised firing squad?

These punks irritate me.

Well death by firing squad on live tv is probably what they want. They dont mind dying, the actually want to die for the cause. If they cant take people with them then a live event where they can get lots of attention is second best I would think.

Well death by firing squad on live tv is probably what they want. They dont mind dying, the actually want to die for the cause. If they cant take people with them then a live event where they can get lots of attention is second best I would think.

Yeah I thought about that.

I guess if you were religiously crazy enough to agree to kill yourself just to kill others then being killed live by a firing squad wouldn't change things much.

My thought was as a deterrent effect to others that are being talked into doing things like this. But then again if they are willing to kill themselves anyway I guess they'd look at like... Hey if I fail I just get to live a little longer.:mad:

I'm just really glad this nutbag was stopped. It appears the passengers and crew did everything right. Much respect to all of them!

Yeah I thought about that.

I guess if you were religiously crazy enough to agree to kill yourself just to kill others then being killed live by a firing squad wouldn't change things much.

My thought was as a deterrent effect to others that are being talked into doing things like this. But then again if they are willing to kill themselves anyway I guess they'd look at like... Hey if I fail I just get to live a little longer.:mad:

I'm just really glad this nutbag was stopped. It appears the passengers and crew did everything right. Much respect to all of them!

It is great that the people on the plane kept it from happening.

I think we need to do better security like Israel does. Its basicly profiling and I know the left in general does not like profiling but it would help. We were lucky on christmas but the people who want to blow us up are not going to stop, we have to get smarter.

It is great that the people on the plane kept it from happening.

I think we need to do better security like Israel does. Its basicly profiling and I know the left in general does not like profiling but it would help. We were lucky on christmas but the people who want to blow us up are not going to stop, we have to get smarter.

Agreed.

First of all, the response to attacks like this one have been uniformly reactive, not proactive.

When the deranged individual tried to blow up the plane with a "shoe bomb", the response was to make us take off our shoes.

Now, another one tried to blow up the plane, so we have to be patted down to search for bombs.

Of course, he got on he plane in Nigeria. What kind of security do they have in Nigeria, I wonder? Maybe the response should be to require anyone who gets on a plane in such a place to be screened again after the plane lands in a civilized nation. It would seem the Dutch would have had a better chance of detecting a bomb.

But, still, that is reactive. Where might the terrorists strike next? Where are we vulnerable? Those are the questions that the homeland security needs to address, not how are we going to prevent another attack that is the same as one that has already been attempted.

Oh, yes, and profiling is the way to go. Because a Muslim gets on a plane in Nigeria with a bomb, does that mean we have to pat down Grandma when she gets on a plane in San Francisco to visit her grandkids? That's just PC run amuck.

First of all, the response to attacks like this one have been uniformly reactive, not proactive.

When the deranged individual tried to blow up the plane with a "shoe bomb", the response was to make us take off our shoes.

Now, another one tried to blow up the plane, so we have to be patted down to search for bombs.

Of course, he got on he plane in Nigeria. What kind of security do they have in Nigeria, I wonder? Maybe the response should be to require anyone who gets on a plane in such a place to be screened again after the plane lands in a civilized nation. It would seem the Dutch would have had a better chance of detecting a bomb.

But, still, that is reactive. Where might the terrorists strike next? Where are we vulnerable? Those are the questions that the homeland security needs to address, not how are we going to prevent another attack that is the same as one that has already been attempted.

Oh, yes, and profiling is the way to go. Because a Muslim gets on a plane in Nigeria with a bomb, does that mean we have to pat down Grandma when she gets on a plane in San Francisco to visit her grandkids? That's just PC run amuck.

Timmy McV would not fit the profile, he could have blown up a plane instead...he choose a truck bomb instead....the guy who shoot up the Jewish Center...failed the profile....the DC Sniper failed the profile ( profile for sniper was white mid 30's)

Timmy McV would not fit the profile, he could have blown up a plane instead...he choose a truck bomb instead....the guy who shoot up the Jewish Center...failed the profile....the DC Sniper failed the profile ( profile for sniper was white mid 30's)

Would have helped with the Shoe Bomber. luckily his incompetence did him in.

that seems to be a trait found a lot in these guys...

Anyone smart enough to do a more complex job may not be so likely to be OK with dying in the process. Kind of why they use retarded people against Israeli targets or the desperately poor who have the perception that they have little or nothing to lose.

Anyone smart enough to do a more complex job may not be so likely to be OK with dying in the process. Kind of why they use retarded people against Israeli targets or the desperately poor who have the perception that they have little or nothing to lose.

actually this guy was pretty smart and had a good job, never underestimate the power of Religion to make smart people into retards

Exactly why we have to be pro active: The bad guys aren't necessarily going to use the airlines. On the other hand, the overwhelming majority of the terrorists who did use airlines have been Muslims.

When a 67 year old white guy tries to blow up an airplane, then I'll fit the profile.

actually this guy was pretty smart and had a good job, never underestimate the power of Religion to make smart people into retards

much the same for the 9-11 ones.

as the young of the leisure class here often turn to consuming idologies, the same happens everywhere. OBL same deal.

but you run out of those pretty quickly, especially in the ME as there are comparatively few leisure class youths.

Werbung:
much the same for the 9-11 ones.

as the young of the leisure class here often turn to consuming idologies, the same happens everywhere. OBL same deal.

but you run out of those pretty quickly, especially in the ME as there are comparatively few leisure class youths.

But, unfortunately, plenty of radical ideologues.

Back