Plane bomber fails bring back firing squads

But, unfortunately, plenty of radical ideologues.

the good thing about people from that part of the world is that they are the ultimate in opportunists and will drift with the wind to retain their skin.

unfortunately its only helpful while you maintain some pressure.

there are fewer than people guess. but its enough to cause problems.

Werbung:
Exactly why we have to be pro active: The bad guys aren't necessarily going to use the airlines. On the other hand, the overwhelming majority of the terrorists who did use airlines have been Muslims.

When a 67 year old white guy tries to blow up an airplane, then I'll fit the profile.

Don't forget, terrorism is not the only thing they screen as well...67 year old guys also carry drugs ....they screen more on how you are acting and react to questions..the fact is they don't know what you may be doing...just that you fit a profile of someone doing something wrong...or its pure random because no training will get you past ...random

Don't forget, terrorism is not the only thing they screen as well...67 year old guys also carry drugs ....they screen more on how you are acting and react to questions..the fact is they don't know what you may be doing...just that you fit a profile of someone doing something wrong...or its pure random because no training will get you past ...random

We seniors probably carry more drugs on airplanes than anybody, but most of them are not recreational. Even if they were, there is no evidence that they endanger the rest of the passengers on the plane.

It's time we forgot about the war on drugs anyway. It costs a mint, and isn't working.

We seniors probably carry more drugs on airplanes than anybody, but most of them are not recreational. Even if they were, there is no evidence that they endanger the rest of the passengers on the plane.

It's time we forgot about the war on drugs anyway. It costs a mint, and isn't working.

maybe but its not, so they are still going to check...and actuly drug dealers use all kinds of people for that reason to smuggle...Jihad is not for evryone...but there always people that will do things for money

maybe but its not, so they are still going to check...and actuly drug dealers use all kinds of people for that reason to smuggle...Jihad is not for evryone...but there always people that will do things for money

Since you bring up smuggling drugs, and people doing anything for money, what is to keep the jihadis from making a pact with drug smugglers, who are adept at smuggling tons of drugs into the country, to smuggle in a nuclear device? Wouldn't that seem to be a simple thing to do? How do we defend against such a thing?

OK I know this thread sounds kinda harsh coming from a moderate guy like me.:cool:

That said I fly a lot. I fly A lot with family. Is it wrong for me in the back of my mind to think it might be OK to have a full and complete fair trial... all the appeals... and then a televised firing squad?

These punks irritate me.

There is no doubt that most of the global society is irratated by these actions. I am one who would point out that having a televised firing squad is just exactly what they would want. It would give them fuel beyond what we can imagine that resulted in Abu Graib. Let the justice system do its thing now. We should be handing out awards to the passengers and crew for thier response at the same time.

First of all, the response to attacks like this one have been uniformly reactive, not proactive.

When the deranged individual tried to blow up the plane with a "shoe bomb", the response was to make us take off our shoes.

Now, another one tried to blow up the plane, so we have to be patted down to search for bombs.

Of course, he got on he plane in Nigeria. What kind of security do they have in Nigeria, I wonder? Maybe the response should be to require anyone who gets on a plane in such a place to be screened again after the plane lands in a civilized nation. It would seem the Dutch would have had a better chance of detecting a bomb.

But, still, that is reactive. Where might the terrorists strike next? Where are we vulnerable? Those are the questions that the homeland security needs to address, not how are we going to prevent another attack that is the same as one that has already been attempted.

Oh, yes, and profiling is the way to go. Because a Muslim gets on a plane in Nigeria with a bomb, does that mean we have to pat down Grandma when she gets on a plane in San Francisco to visit her grandkids? That's just PC run amuck.

I generally agree, I generally dont agree with us overhauling security and doing a bunch of pointless and ultimately intrusive and disruptive measures for the average American going about thier business. When Americans have to take off thier shoes, give up thier finger nail files, and surrender tooth paste, and cant bring a bottle of water onto the plane, the terrorists have in some way completed what they set out to do. Which is to change our way of life and make us paranoid.

Since you bring up smuggling drugs, and people doing anything for money, what is to keep the jihadis from making a pact with drug smugglers, who are adept at smuggling tons of drugs into the country, to smuggle in a nuclear device? Wouldn't that seem to be a simple thing to do? How do we defend against such a thing?

You bring up a very good point. It is worth noting that from what I have read from several media outlets who are saying that the poppy crops as well as the marijuana/hash production rates are high and there is little to no interdictment of the transportation of these substances. To the point that in Europe the prices were down on heroin. Having a glut of the market as they do with drugs, it seems that weapons would be the next most profitable. But the more important issue is that often these are the same people. The illicit drug market, as well as the weapons cartels are all inter mingled.

First of all, the response to attacks like this one have been uniformly reactive, not proactive.

When the deranged individual tried to blow up the plane with a "shoe bomb", the response was to make us take off our shoes.

Now, another one tried to blow up the plane, so we have to be patted down to search for bombs.

Of course, he got on he plane in Nigeria. What kind of security do they have in Nigeria, I wonder? Maybe the response should be to require anyone who gets on a plane in such a place to be screened again after the plane lands in a civilized nation. It would seem the Dutch would have had a better chance of detecting a bomb.

But, still, that is reactive. Where might the terrorists strike next? Where are we vulnerable? Those are the questions that the homeland security needs to address, not how are we going to prevent another attack that is the same as one that has already been attempted.

Oh, yes, and profiling is the way to go. Because a Muslim gets on a plane in Nigeria with a bomb, does that mean we have to pat down Grandma when she gets on a plane in San Francisco to visit her grandkids? That's just PC run amuck.

Agreed.

Without getting into details, its harder to move nuclear material than you might think. For as long as certain elements have been trying, they have yet to actually have any delivered to them. and its not because they could not afford it.

Without getting into details, its harder to move nuclear material than you might think. For as long as certain elements have been trying, they have yet to actually have any delivered to them. and its not because they could not afford it.

That's lucky for us, as they have no difficulties smuggling drugs into the country.

Werbung:
There is no doubt that most of the global society is irratated by these actions. I am one who would point out that having a televised firing squad is just exactly what they would want. It would give them fuel beyond what we can imagine that resulted in Abu Graib. Let the justice system do its thing now. We should be handing out awards to the passengers and crew for thier response at the same time.

I'm not disputing your opinion is probably correct.

It's just the old biker coming out in me I guess. I remember a long time ago when I was in the club we had an incident once where a brother was grabbed off the street by 4 or 5 members of a rival gang. They beat him pretty good, poured hot wax in his eyes... it was fairly brutal. They pulled his patch & dumped him out on the street. He eventually made it to a hospital.

Let's just say we made an example out of several members in this group once we tracked them down... we let them survive so they could go back and tell the others just how crazy that dog they kicked really was. We had our patch delivered back to us in hours and the rival club pulled it's entire chapter out of our town within 2 days.

But you're right. In this case it would probably would not induce the desired effect. Just a trip down memory lane I guess.

Back