Pope Says Gay Marriage Poses A Threat To 'Justice And Peace' In World Day Of Peace 2013 Address

Werbung:
Cashmcall. When I said I would not follow the clergy on sexual morals. I have in mind the three ínquires into pedophilia now taking place in Australia. There could be 5000 cases. I would not follow these clergy like Cardinal O'Brien. However I follow other clergy who were not involve. This includes the current leaders of my church.

THERE IS A VOTE ON SAme Sex marriage in AUSTRALIA AT PRESENT> I do not know how to vote I am against gay Marrage but think Gays should have the same rights as the restof us. They should have civil unions with same lgal rights as married people. However I think marriage should be confined to hetrosexuals who can compete the process.

THERE IS A VOTE ON SAme Sex marriage in AUSTRALIA AT PRESENT> I do not know how to vote I am against gay Marrage but think Gays should have the same rights as the restof us. They should have civil unions with same lgal rights as married people. However I think marriage should be confined to hetrosexuals who can compete the process.
If civil unions i s not a ballot option then you either vote your conviction or abandon it.

Seems to me that human rights should override religious beliefs
And you seem to be a supporter of human rights.

If it can help, since this thread was started, even the Church has evolved in regard to homosexuality AND gay rights.

"
RELIGION
The Pope Francis Statement That Changed the Church on LGBT Issues
Christopher J. Hale
Jul 28, 2015
Tuesday, Pope Francis uttered these words, sending shockwaves throughout the Catholic Church and the world. His position stood in contrast to that of his predecessors: Months earlier, Pope Benedict XVI suggested that gay marriage was a threat to global peace.

Under the leadership of Pope Francis, the Catholic Church is evolving on LGBT issues. As theologian David Cloutier has noted, the process isn’t political—it's spiritual. The church is beginning to discern more deeply the full measure of God’s presence in LGBT individuals and, yes, couples, too. There have been five notable moments in this evolution."
Time.com

Does gay marriage affect YOUR marriage? Only if either you or your wife is gay! Otherwise. . .it is basically none of your business!

I always seem to adopt the position of the least interference: IF something that I do not FULLY support doesn't FORCE me to participate. . .it is none of my business to refuse that others participate in it.

I am not gay, and I have been married to the same man for 46 years.

Whether or not gay people can marry doesn't force ME into a gay marriage. . .so why would I care! In fact, to be honest, divorces among heterosexual couples is more troublesome to me than gay marriage! And, divorce, especially repeated divorces, do more to destroy the "sanctity" of marriage (whatever that means!) than gay marriage!

It seemed that way to he founders of this nation as well, yet we still have people who would base laws an policies on religion.
But our friend Aus is Australian and not subject to our constitution. That said, marriage developed organically to represent an opposite sex union in societies the world over not any given religious dogma. The dogma simply reflected the reality.

But our friend Aus is Australian and not subject to our constitution. That said, marriage developed organically to represent an opposite sex union in societies the world over not any given religious dogma. The dogma simply reflected the reality.
But our friend open mind is not, he is she? Do you agree with her that human rights should override religious rights?

But our friend open mind is not, he is she? Do you agree with her that human rights should override religious rights?
Yes. But that doesn't apply here. OM isn't American either nor does she live here. I am fine letting other countries do what the will of their people say. My opinion only matters here in the good old US of A.

Then religion is more important that human rights? Explain.
I understand his position but when you come to religions that have notions related to human rights that are incompatible with society, then you have a problem. Most societies are not ok with being not only free to harm people but called upon to kill them for a difference of opinion. One example from current events.

What a Shrink Shrinks Is His Patient's Bank Account

Gayism is not a religious issue or even a political one. It is not even a sexuality, because sex is between a man and a woman. It pays off for psychiatrists to call it a "sexual preference"; that way, they don't have to go through the frustrating task of trying to cure it and can make money off the mixed-up fools coming back to them again and again to tell them they are OK .

Werbung:
At the moment In Australia we are having a postal ballot to see if we approve of gay marriage.
I agree with most of Dr Who comments natural sexual marriageis is impossiblrle for gays. I think gays should have equal lrgal rights including a civil recognise uinion With the same leg rights as hetrosexuals. THe word marriage should be preserved for non gays unions. I do not think gays pose any threat.

Back