Purpose of the United Nations

The UN is the only hope of bringing peace among the great powers. It has succeeded in preventing a world war for 68 years. A record of peace for modern Europe.
It did not prevent smaller wars but it stop them turning into bigger wars. This does mean getting support from the Security Council. So in a sense the USA has to ask permission of Russia.
The recent proposal by Russia over Syria chemical weapons is an example of what can be achieved if the great powers co -operate
russia is unlikely to say ok. they have us back on our heels and locked out of action if Assad coughs up his chembombs. or at least some of them. then Assad will buy them back from Moscow when the dust clears. and in the end all that happens is Russia makes some money for nothing and BO looks the impotent buffoon.

Werbung:
russia is unlikely to say ok. they have us back on our heels and locked out of action if Assad coughs up his chembombs. or at least some of them. then Assad will buy them back from Moscow when the dust clears. and in the end all that happens is Russia makes some money for nothing and BO looks the impotent buffoon.
BO already looks like impotent buffoon .....

But, what Russia will do is prevent the US dictator from sparking an international crisis that is almost certain to spiral out of control .....

Obama thwarted .....

The UN is the only hope of bringing peace among the great powers. It has succeeded in preventing a world war for 68 years. A record of peace for modern Europe.

If this was aimed at me, it does not answer the question.

It did not prevent smaller wars but it stop them turning into bigger wars.

How?

This does mean getting support from the Security Council. So in a sense the USA has to ask permission of Russia.
The recent proposal by Russia over Syria chemical weapons is an example of what can be achieved if the great powers co -operate

Russia is not a "great power", but that aisde, what does this "proposal" have to do with th United Nations?

BO already looks like impotent buffoon .....

But, what Russia will do is prevent the US dictator from sparking an international crisis that is almost certain to spiral out of control .....

Obama thwarted .....
Tex.. the sad thing here is, Obama will look like he new what he was doing all along.. I hate it but it's true..

he turn over of Syria weapons will be done through the UN. It will stop this war getting bigger. This is what the UN does.
Please do not keep attacking your president. anything he does will be with congress approval.
I might not like the new Australian Prime Minister but he was elected by the majority he is not a dictator

he turn over of Syria weapons will be done through the UN. It will stop this war getting bigger. This is what the UN does.
That would be Russian, Aus .... not the UN.

Please do not keep attacking your president. anything he does will be with congress approval.
Obama has already said he (illegally) reserves the right to use force against Syria even without Congresses approval! No one can really predict what this incompetent sociopath is really gong to do!

I might not like the new Australian Prime Minister but he was elected by the majority he is not a dictator
Conservatives are not dictators Aus, ..... the same cannot be said about our "dictator and chief" here in the US....

he turn over of Syria weapons will be done through the UN.

Will it? Because already Russia is balking at any idea of a UNSC Resolution with any teeth. Why do you suppose that is?

It will stop this war getting bigger. This is what the UN does.

This will make the war worse. What it does it essentially ensure the survival of Assad (with continued Russian backing), which is a major victory for Russia. They have some big interests at stake, including basing for their Mediterranean fleet in Syria. Assad probably will not use chemical weapons again, and will be hampered a litle by more oversight, but this will push the rebels to jump on a perceived advantage in his weakness and expanding their own fighting.

All that has been accomplished is maintaining a status quo that sees thousands upon thousands of people dying....and that is indeed what the UN is good at.

The President didn't need permission from Congress to do this, and by asking them in the first place it diminishes his own office.

Obama is not a dictator -- on that we can agree.[/quote]

You may not agree that Obama is a dictator but, surely you will agree he is no champion or protector of the US Constitution!

He certainly is not a good President -- I will certainly agree with that. But he is gone in three years, thankfully.

He certainly is not a good President -- I will certainly agree with that. But he is gone in three years, thankfully.
I wish it was that easy. There is always the possibility that Obama will follow his dear friend Chavez and refuse to step down.

However, not likely he will get away with that but, the bigger problem is the leftist agenda in this Country that will continue to be enforced with Hillary in 2016.

Given the reality of all the voter fraud from the left in the last two elections, I am not sure there is anyway to vote these tyrants out of office!

I don't know why but when I read, He certainly is not a good President ..I had to laugh.. Last night, President Five Iron took take time out from his busy golfing schedule to try and sell the American public on a short pin point war on television (with an option to go for a few day's) using the media. We may have reached the absolute zenith of arrogance when we presume that we can control the amount of time and the outcome of any war/strike.

So the 90 day, same as cash war. Financed by treasury bonds which we are hoping to sell to our enemies who are Syria's allies. Countries like Russia and China. What could possibly go wrong with that plan?

I don't know why but when I read, He certainly is not a good President ..I had to laugh.. Last night, President Five Iron took take time out from his busy golfing schedule to try and sell the American public on a short pin point war on television (with an option to go for a few day's) using the media. We may have reached the absolute zenith of arrogance when we presume that we can control the amount of time and the outcome of any war/strike.

So the 90 day, same as cash war. Financed by treasury bonds which we are hoping to sell to our enemies who are Syria's allies. Countries like Russia and China. What could possibly go wrong with that plan?
Well ..... Saudi Arabia and Qater have offered to sponsor our 90 day same as cash ..... Although, I couldn't imagine why ..... it's not like Syria has a pipeline that they're interested in or anything!

Werbung:
if the moves by Russia and the USA stops Assad from using Chemical weapons again , this is good. They are the two of the veto powers of the UN so have deliver this through the UN.
In the end it is up to Syrians to decide what to do with Assad

Back