Question 1 for Christians

ominscient, omnipotent or omnipresent.
can't be all three, eh?
and what about the dinosaurs, did God create those?

the concept of God is actually one that is common among the tribes that split into different parts of the planet about 60,000 years ago. probably as a guideline to allow the tribe to deal with psychological and emotional issues.

Werbung:
I went to church once as a child. I was four and my parents needed a babysitter, so they dropped me on my (Catholic) aunt, who took me to Mass. The evening ended when I started loudly complaining about how she got a snack (Communion) and I didn't and I was hungry.

Since then, most (if not all) attempts to "give" me religion (which is how the people of my hometown referred to it) were met with near-violent opposition. Growing up watching my mother's illness didn't exactly help me to see "God" as a loving creature either. Today, I'd like to think I'm a little more fair-minded - a little more tolerant - but I still don't believe it's "true" in the literal sense.

Werbung:
As an agnostic, I have a series of questions for Christians. I have no antipathy toward Christians or any other religion, and my own sense of morals and ethics has been informed by the world's great religions. I ask the moderators' indulgence in creating separate threads for questions, as experience has shown on other forums that each one tends to provoke a discussion.

Question:

Is God all-loving? If that's true, why would He send people to hell?

Haven't you heard? The sins you are about to commit are already forgiven. That is the beauty of soteriology.

Back