Question for people who like the Obamacare mandate

Who do you think its for? I think I read that it was 15 percent of the population does not have health care… if not these then who? That’s if we are not talking about illegals

That would be making them responsible and accountable and you can’t make people either…
Currently, anyone who has lost his job has also lost health insurance. If you get sick and can't work, you also lose your health care. If you get laid off, and can't afford a few hundred bucks a month for insurance, you simply take your chances.

Ah but the moment Obama care is implemented I won’t have my health care, its already clear they will drop health care and go to the public option. I bet every government agency does. We currently have something with our insurance called the wellness clinic. WE have had it over 15 years but it closes in June and its clear its mostly due to obamacare, hopefully the SC will squish it like a bug and the clinic won’t have to close. It’s as close to a doctor as I want to get.

There is no public option.
I'm not sure about your wellness clinic. How do you know it is somehow connected to Obamacare? Remember, the only provision currently in place is the part that allows young people to stay on their parent's insurance to age 26, if their parents have managed to hang on to their own policy, that is.

Sure they will, you just might have to pay more for it. And that is fair. If I want better or more coverage I pay more for it.

No, they won't. If you have a pre existing condition like diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, or whatever you can't get it covered at any price. The only option is to either be a part of group insurance or survive to age 65.

We wont know till its here and done and then all I can say is I told you so but will it really matter?

What matters is that health care has been going up faster than the rate of inflation for decades and shows no sign of abating. Future increases are sure to be blamed on Obamacare, but the fact is the costs are already unsustainable.

Im for lowing taxes anyway we can J

Lower taxes are ever popular.

You are the first person to say we can get our insurance over state lines, where are you getting your info?

This is how it works: The insurance industry is regulated by the states, not the federal government. As it stands now, anyone wanting to sell insurance must abide by the regulations that exist in the state where they are selling, not the state the insurer claims as its headquarters. In order to sell insurance in, say, Oregon, the insurer must be licensed in Oregon and abide by the regulations passed in that state. If another state, say, North Dakota for example, has more lax regulations, the insurer can't simply claim that state as its headquarters and abide by the rules passed by North Dakota while selling in Oregon.

so, the answer is that any insurer can sell insurance in Oregon, but they must abide by the rules passed by the insurance commissioner in that state. When people say they want insurance companies to be able to sell across state lines, they may or may not understand that they are advocating bypassing the insurance regulations passed by the states in favor of those of the least restrictive state.

I doubt many who advocate sales across state lines understand this. If they did, they wouldn't advocate undermining the state governments in that way.

Here is a more detailed description of the issue.

Werbung:
Some of us know full well that certain states make the cost of insurance unnecessarily high because of ludicrous regulations. Panda, here's another article you may want to read.

its curious that your article still does not address the basic issue it simply assumes states will roll over. their argument is really moot without that threat as its only an insurer's refusal to sell that keeps it from happening today. equally undo-able is Obamacare mandating a sort of bare bones policy nationwide.

what I would like to see is the level of awareness increase among the citizenry of these state requirements. they got added little by little and had the effect of the pot of water on the frog once the heat is turned on. people just might start demanding changes if they knew what it's costing them.

its curious that your article still does not address the basic issue it simply assumes states will roll over. their argument is really moot without that threat as its only an insurer's refusal to sell that keeps it from happening today. equally undo-able is Obamacare mandating a sort of bare bones policy nationwide.

what I would like to see is the level of awareness increase among the citizenry of these state requirements. they got added little by little and had the effect of the pot of water on the frog once the heat is turned on. people just might start demanding changes if they knew what it's costing them.

Yes, it would be best if the people of the various states understood just what regulations their state has passed. The insurance commissioner is usually an elected position, after all.
And yes, it's much better as a decisions of the states rather than of the federal government.

What wouldn't be good for the people, but would be great for the insurance sellers, is allowing the state where the headquarters of the company happen to be regulate policies sold in another state. Doing so would effectively render any regulations the state may pass moot.

The difference is, if I decide not to have health insurance and I get sick... I am the one out of luck not you. I have health insurance and never used it even once in 8 years till this year. It never hurt anyone but me that I never used it for 8 years and it doesnt hurt anyone now that I am using it.

If I drive without insurance on a car I own and crash into you, I can hurt you and your car and if I do not own the car I can hurt who ever lent me the money for the car... Same with a house. So of course the insurance is needed to protect others. Not the same with health insurance. If someone goes to the emergency room without paying the bill, hunt them down, garnish their wages exc. Also refuse to see them for stubbed toes exc. I have a friend who went to the emergency room with a stubbed toe and my sons father went for a rash he had over 3 months. Stop that and you save money, hunt them down and garnish their wages and they will stop going for stupid stuff

the day you get to decided if you get cancer is the day your argument will hold water. And the when you decided not to have insurance...and then get cancer...guess what...your not going to go die..your going to most likey get treated...and I am sure you think you would just chose that option...but your high ideals go out the door fast when your told your going to die if you don't get treatment and look at your kids..

this is why the right wing does not live in the real world...

car insurance ? no you don't. homeowners ? no you don't. it is possible to pay for your own healthcare.
swing and a miss.

Its possible to pay for my car as well...and my home...but yes if I want to have those, I have to have insurance. And since you don't get to pick ...do you want health or not...to bad your stuck with getting sick.

the day you get to decided if you get cancer is the day your argument will hold water. And the when you decided not to have insurance...and then get cancer...guess what...your not going to go die..your going to most likey get treated...and I am sure you think you would just chose that option...but your high ideals go out the door fast when your told your going to die if you don't get treatment and look at your kids..

this is why the right wing does not live in the real world...
I have already had cancer, though I did have insurance. Had I not, I would have owed a bill for the surgery. I still owed a bill but not one as big as it could have been. I made monthly payments on the bill till it was paid off just like I would have if I did not have insurance. Actually had I not had insurance I do not think they would have charged me the extreme price they did. They jack up the price when someone has insurance. No matter how bad off I am, it’s just not your responsibility to take care of me. There are lots of things a person can do, go to their church for help. Hold pizza fundraisers. We do pizza fundraisers for everything from cancer to people’s homes burning and they usually make between 5-20 thousand, depending on how big the fundraiser is.

I have already had cancer, though I did have insurance. Had I not, I would have owed a bill for the surgery. I still owed a bill but not one as big as it could have been. I made monthly payments on the bill till it was paid off just like I would have if I did not have insurance. Actually had I not had insurance I do not think they would have charged me the extreme price they did. They jack up the price when someone has insurance. No matter how bad off I am, it’s just not your responsibility to take care of me. There are lots of things a person can do, go to their church for help. Hold pizza fundraisers. We do pizza fundraisers for everything from cancer to people’s homes burning and they usually make between 5-20 thousand, depending on how big the fundraiser is.

you're killing his buzz you know...
that whole responsibility thing just does not compute.

you sound like the republican who thinks we should pay for health care with chickens still...lets have a pizza sale for evryone without health care...

I guess 45,000a year die from not enough pizza sales.,

http://factcheck.org/2009/09/dying-from-lack-of-insurance/

I think its funny/sad...that the so called pro life party...does not seem to care to much when the lives people who are born.

you're killing his buzz you know...
that whole responsibility thing just does not compute.

im sorry your child has cancer and you have no health care...your kid should have been more responsible,

Im sorry you lost your job due to budget cuts...and are sick...you should have been more responsible.

Im sorry you work 2 jobs and both do not cover your health care and you cant afford the insurance without it...you should have been responsible and not poor.

I am sorry you where born sick...that was very irresponsible of you.

Im sorry you maxed out your health care from insurance...be more responsible next time.

Im sorry you got sick and your health care dropped you, be more responsible

Feel free to lose your job, your health care and then get sick...Good luck selling pizzas.

you sound like the republican who thinks we should pay for health care with chickens still...lets have a pizza sale for evryone without health care...

I guess 45,000a year die from not enough pizza sales.,

http://factcheck.org/2009/09/dying-from-lack-of-insurance/

I think its funny/sad...that the so called pro life party...does not seem to care to much when the lives people who are born.
Dont knock pizza fundraisers. They are fantastic. If I had of wanted to, I could have done something like that and got friends to pitch in on my surgery bill but I didnt. I called the hospital and made arangements to make payments on MY bill for MY surgery.

Dont knock pizza fundraisers. They are fantastic. If I had of wanted to, I could have done something like that and got friends to pitch in on my surgery bill but I didnt. I called the hospital and made arangements to make payments on MY bill for MY surgery.

your just lucky you could still even work to pay those bills. Not evryone who is sick gets so lucky. The Leading cause of Bankruptcy is Health care costs...Again you seem to think everyone just can pay anything if they want. my feancee makes 50,000+ a year...pays no rent...medical costs still eat up most of her money..and thats with Insurance...and her illness also keeps her from being promoted and could cost her her job as well.

Werbung:
Check our your EOMB papers. They charge at least three times as much as they expect to get from the insurance. Were you to pay your own bills, they would be far and away higher than the insurance paid, and why? Because there is no guarantee that you'll pay at all, at least not without extensive and expensive collections, that's why. They charge because they may not collect. it is a risky investment from the point of view of the health care provider.

Since you've had surgery, you must understand just how expensive it is. Pizza fundraisers aren't going to foot the bill unless you're Herman Cain.

Back