Republican-Debate & "Inconvenient"-Questions

Mr. Shaman

Maybe there should have been allowances made for Protest-Zone-style seating, to keep the Rep's debate more Party-friendly....and, keep the insurgents in-check. :rolleyes:

"CNN expressed regret yesterday for allowing a Hillary Clinton adviser to ask a question at Wednesday's Republican presidential debate, even as controversy swirled about two other questioners who have declared their support for Democratic candidates.

Retired Brig. Gen. Keith Kerr, who asked why gays should not be allowed to serve openly in the military, is a member of Clinton's steering committee on gay and lesbian issues, something her campaign disclosed in a news release in June.

"Had we known that, we probably wouldn't have used the question," said David Bohrman, CNN's Washington bureau chief, who produced the debate. He added that "you could spend hours Googling everybody. What we cared about was that he was real." CNN deleted Kerr's question from a rebroadcast of the debate.

Moderator Anderson Cooper acknowledged the error involving Kerr after Bill Bennett, the conservative author and radio host who is a network contributor, raised it during a post-debate discussion. Bennett said yesterday that his radio producer e-mailed him information from a National Review blog.

"It shouldn't have ever happened," Bennett said. "You've got to vet that sort of thing."

Silly CNN!

In their efforts to pander to "conservatives"....to prove they're not the Clinton News Network (so critical to news-accuracy :rolleyes: )....they'd slipped-up and allowed too-real people on the premises. :eek:

Werbung:
I don't have a problem with it so long as Guliani or Thompson or McCain advisors can ask questions at the next Democratic debate.

I don't have a problem with it so long as Guliani or Thompson or McCain advisors can ask questions at the next Democratic debate.

I guess the problem is that it isn't time for two sides to rip each other apart yet.

Let them rip themselves apart first. It's proper! That way, there won't be any candidates left who haven't been smeared badly enough to make everyone want someone else running.

You know, kind of like in 2004. I wasn't old enough to vote at that point and I didn't pay a lot of attention to the primaries. And then the actual election roled around and I looked at John Kerry and George Bush and I said, "wow...if I could vote, I wouldn't want to vote for either of these guys." Everyone I know who did vote (or was interested) talked about which was "the lesser of two evils." That bothered me. A lot.

And now I ask myself, "Is there anyone in this lot that I really want to see as President of the United States? All "who is better than who" thinking aside, if you pulled out the whole competitve election part and just looked at every individual candidate, would there be anyone I would say, "I want that person to be my President"?

The answer is no - not really. McCain's has the leadership credentials, but I dislike his policies, especially in regards to Iraq. Romney does not have the leadership credentials, nor does Giuliani. Huckabee's started getting some dirt on him lately (I wish I'd saved the article - his "truth squad" is apparently glossing over some of the skeletons in his closet and not getting away with it even remotely). I like Ron Paul but I have serious doubts that America is ready for someone as radical as him. As for the Dems...Hillary would be the most polarizing President since Abe Lincoln, Obama's great at talk but I don't see him being a good leader, ditto for John Edwards, Kucinich is a dolt, and Gravel and Biden, my two favorite Democrats this runaround, just aren't very good at getting their views out there - and no matter what his/her political opinions we don't need a meek President.

This may have been a little off-topic but I felt like ranting.

He is not a Clinton advisor. The spin was quick on this one though, so i can see how you might be confused.

"I have not done any work," Kerr said. "Several friends asked me if I would allow my name to be listed, and I agreed, because she is such a strong advocate of gays and lesbian rights."

being on a steering committee is about "you", being an advisor is about "the candidate". They are not one in the same, and do not present a conflict of interest.

It's obvious that Kerr's interest were Gay's in the military not Hillary Clinton

SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN SPIN

McCain's has the leadership credentials, but I dislike his policies, especially in regards to Iraq. Romney does not have the leadership credentials, nor does Giuliani. Huckabee's started getting some dirt on him lately (I wish I'd saved the article - his "truth squad" is apparently glossing over some of the skeletons in his closet and not getting away with it even remotely). I like Ron Paul but I have serious doubts that America is ready for someone as radical as him. As for the Dems...Hillary would be the most polarizing President since Abe Lincoln, Obama's great at talk but I don't see him being a good leader, ditto for John Edwards, Kucinich is a dolt, and Gravel and Biden, my two favorite Democrats this runaround, just aren't very good at getting their views out there....
So, the choice is obvious.

The American-voters will do what's necessary, to bring-back a successful-President!

....and no matter what his/her political opinions we don't need a meek President.
Yeah.....we're doing so well, with the present cowboy in-office. :rolleyes:

Despite the Shamans post, VYO I generally agree with what you wrote.

Its a shame that McCain who would make a pretty good President in my opinion will doubtfully win because his name got used up in 2000. Same will happen with plenty of other candidates this time around.

Honestly, who in thier right mind would want to willingly go through the Presidential campaign process?

Werbung:
Back