Rome condemns madonna

Well said Palefrost. We, as humans, tend to see ourselves as the dominate speices when really we are just the luckiest at times.

Werbung:
*blush* i somehow managed to post that twice...if a kindly admin could come and clean up after me:p ...mop up aisle 4!!!

palefrost said:
*Surprise surprise* most things are trivial bullshit! How egocentric of you to think you need to rein us in on what we choose to regard and speculate about, very self righteous of you.

I think you have over valued our importance.

Take a step back and realize we are a byproduct of this planet. The whole planet is chaotic in nature. What you see, the wars and violence is a byproduct of this thing called life. This planet attracts life in all forms.

We, no matter how much you wish for more, are just one in a pack of critters crawling around, living out the ying and yang. The only difference you have over a fish or an ant is your ability of self awareness. This self awareness has helped us survive, but has also made us believe our self importance is greater then it is. We have created gods for ourselves and made them in our image. We believe we hold some type of importance to the outcome of the universe. We believe we can stop the violence we see when in fact it’s working as intended and will continue on as it always has when we are dust and ashes once again.

It’s subjective to say a war in Iraq or any other world conflict you see is more important then any other topic of conversation. It’s all completely relative. It’s all equally unimportant and equally futile. It’s also all working as intended in the grand schema of things. So enjoy the freakin ride and get off my back if I like talking about Madonna! Mkey? ;)
First of all, I do concede that my post was a bit more conceited than I like. If you knew me personally you'd know I'm hardly self-righteous. But how have I "over valued our importance?" Actually, it seems to me like you're making my point. Whatever.
dunnomg.gif

Yeah, we're all gonna die, but I think it's irrational to say something like the conflict in Iraq is of equal importance to what Madonna has to say; furthermore I think you believe that too, so I don't really know what your point is there.

And I was never on your back. You're the one provoking me and then telling me I'm being pissy about things. And who knows, maybe that's true, but I'm pissy about a lot of things in life. There are a lot of things in life to be pissy about.

Martyr said:
First of all, I do concede that my post was a bit more conceited than I like. If you knew me personally you'd know I'm hardly self-righteous. But how have I "over valued our importance?" Actually, it seems to me like you're making my point. Whatever.
dunnomg.gif

Im gonna leave you alone on this....;)

Yeah, we're all gonna die, but I think it's irrational to say something like the conflict in Iraq is of equal importance to what Madonna has to say; furthermore I think you believe that too, so I don't really know what your point is there.
Its not irrational at all..think of it this way:
"The meaning of things lies not
in the things themselves,
but in our attitude towards them"...
~Antoine de Saint Exupery

And I was never on your back. You're the one provoking me and then telling me I'm being pissy about things. And who knows, maybe that's true, but I'm pissy about a lot of things in life. There are a lot of things in life to be pissy about.

Sure. Its also best not to take on the worlds problems and make them your own. There is beauty all around but if you focus on the negative all the time you become only that...:headbang:

Everything has its beauty, but not everyone sees it"... ~Confucius

I think Madonna's behaviour is more childish than annoying. It's as if she is crying for attention. The unfortunate thing is she is getting it.

Every celebrity does this when they need more attention. Just like babies they will whine and people will turn heads.

Werbung:
My favorite is when they realize the monster media has turned ugly on them and they want it to stop lol. I'm ready to puke if i hear about Jennifer aniston and that bloated guy shes dating again. Every other week its they are engaged!! How much is her publicist paying the media to keep reporting that crap out to the presses?

Back