Ron Paul and the REVOlution

Werbung:
Your link still has him in third place in Iowa, it's only a caucus, and it's all speculation.

Nationally, Ron Paul hovers in the vicinity of 5%. He, for better or worse, is not going to be the GOP nominee.

As I've always said, he's a long shot, but with traditionally low turnout during primaries, if his supporters get out and vote in higher percentages, anything can happen.

Ron Paul is a unique phenomenon. The whole cut back the Federal Government to just about nothing except just enough military to protect us from an invasion sounds "thrifty" and of course Federal taxes would go down.

But the problem is then State taxes would just go through the roof and there would still be a lot less programs... many that do a lot of good for society as a whole.

The other thing is you'd have even bigger pockets of poverty. Where now let's say Harlem is a pocket of poverty you'd quite likely have say the whole State of Mississippi as a pocket of poverty.

Don't get me wrong I like some of the things Ron Paul says a lot. But on a national level I think you need a Federal Government to even the playing field a little across all State lines. Plus he's not Pro-Choice and he wouldn't care to fund Social Security or Medicare.

It would be sort of a wild west Ben Cartwright Bonanza for some and the lonesome homeless drifter for a lot more than we have now.

He is from Texas isn't he?:) He's a good man... but Dennis Kucinich is a good man. Neither are going to get elected to anything more than what they already have in my opinion.

Now at over $5.4 million for the day. He broke his last record. Hopefully he'll make it to over $6 million by the end of the day.

Hey I have to say he has some loyal supporters.

And although I don't agree with a lot of his positions some of his positions are the only good & rational positions on he Republican side.

I was watching a show on the "Revolution" and it came across that it was as much about wanting to influence the Republican Party down the road as anything else. I don't think there's a real belief that Ron Paul is going to win.

Hey anything that moves the Republican Party away from the church hijacked neo-cons they've become is an improvement in my book.

Ron Paul now owns the record for single day fundraising.

Ron Paul Raises Over $6 Million in 24-Hour Effort

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8TJ04TG0&show_article=1

Though I like some of his views, this can't be defended.

Ron Paul, Hunter, Tancredo Slick With Crude Oil On Offshore Drilling

In 2006, Republican Congressman Adam Putnam offered an amendment to appropriations bill HR 5386. Putnam’s amendment countered language in the original bill that would have ended the moratorium on offshore drilling for fossil fuels close to shore. If the amendment had failed, drilling platforms would have now been under construction as close to shore as just three miles. In the wake of the massive oil spills in San Francisco Bay, the Black Sea and on the coast of South Korea, anyone can see what folly that would have been. That’s why enough Republicans broke party ranks to join the Democrats in voting to preserve the moratorium.

Yet, all of the three Republicans in the House of Representatives who are now running for President voted in favor of killing the amendment. Ron Paul, Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo voted no to protecting America’s coastlines from drilling for fossil fuels close to shore. We can safely presume any one of these three would support the same pro-drilling agenda on behalf of big oil companies again if elected President.

Dennis Kucinich defied Tancredo, Hunter and Paul. Kucinich voted for the Putnam amendment.

Just one month later, the three House Republicans now running for President voted to undo the coastal protection enabled by the Putnam amendment. Ron Paul, Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo voted in favor of H.R. 4761, a bill that allowed for expanded drilling for natural gas and crude oil as close as three miles from American shorelines.
The environment has got to be protected. I don't want a president who allows the fossil fuel industry to run rampant. Ron Paul is not for me.
http://irregulartimes.com/index.php/archives/2007/12/17/paul-tancredo-hunter-drilling/

The environment has got to be protected. I don't want a president who allows the fossil fuel industry to run rampant.

Fearmongering - just like the Neocons - "American freedom has got to be protected with the war on terror!" - the exact same reasoning.

Yet you and your party supported Al Gore - the ultimate environmental hypocrite - as this article from a liberal website proves. At least Ron Paul's motives aren't for his own personal profit. I don't know if you saw his recent interview on the Glen Beck show, but he stated that he wants to even out the market and allow alternative fuels to compete with oil. He mentioned hydrogen power and electric cars. We have the technology, but the oil companies are using government to destroy their competition, as you can see here. Ron Paul will stop that and we will end up with a cleaner environment, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WILL DEMAND IN A TRULY FREE MARKETPLACE.

Fearmongering - just like the Neocons - "American freedom has got to be protected with the war on terror!" - the exact same reasoning.

Yet you and your party supported Al Gore - the ultimate environmental hypocrite - as this article from a liberal website proves. At least Ron Paul's motives aren't for his own personal profit. I don't know if you saw his recent interview on the Glen Beck show, but he stated that he wants to even out the market and allow alternative fuels to compete with oil. He mentioned hydrogen power and electric cars. We have the technology, but the oil companies are using government to destroy their competition, as you can see here. Ron Paul will stop that and we will end up with a cleaner environment, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT THE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE WILL DEMAND IN A TRULY FREE MARKETPLACE.
I don't need some president who would advocate offshore oil drilling. His environmental record is very disappointing. His record speaks for itself:

He would limit or try to repeal various environmental protection laws and regulations, including the Clean Air Act, the Soil and Water Conservation Act.

H.J.RES.104: To disapprove a rule issued by the Environmental Protection Agency relating to proposed revisions to the national pollutant discharge elimination system program and Federal antidegradation policy and the proposed revisions to the water quality planning and management regulations concerning total maximum daily load.

H.R.3735: To disapprove a rule requiring the use of bycatch reduction devices in the shrimp fishery of the Gulf of Mexico.

H.R.4423: To amend the Magnuson-Stevens Fishery Conservation and Management Act to provide that the Gulf of Mexico red snapper fishery shall be managed in accordance with such fishery management plans, regulations, and other conservation and management as applied to that fishery on April 13, 1998.

H.R.2504: A bill to amend the Clean Air Act to postpone for one year the application of certain restrictions to areas which have failed to attain national ambient air quality standards and to delay for one year the date required for adoption and submission of State implementation plans applicable to these areas, and for other purposes.

H.R.7079: A bill to repeal the Soil and Water Conservation Act of 1977.

H.R.7245: A bill to amend section 404 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to restrict the jurisdiction of the United States over the discharge of dredged or fill material to discharges into waters which are navigable and for other purposes.

He would promote offshore oil-drilling, the construction of more refineries, coal-mining on Federal lands, and block conservation measures. This would further threaten our coastal and internal environments, and further trap our economy in fossil-fuel dependency:

H.R.2415: To reduce the price of gasoline by allowing for offshore drilling, eliminating Federal obstacles to constructing refineries and providing incentives for investment in refineries, suspending Federal fuel taxes when gasoline prices reach a benchmark amount, and promoting free trade.

H.R.4004: To reduce the price of gasoline by allowing for offshore drilling, eliminating Federal obstacles to constructing refineries and providing incentives for investment in refineries, suspending Federal fuel taxes when gasoline prices reach a benchmark amount, and promoting free trade.

H.R.393: A bill to amend section 404 of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to restrict the jurisdiction of the United States over discharge of dredged or fill material to discharges into waters which are navigable and for other purposes.

H.R.4639: A bill to repeal all Federal regulations and taxes on the production of fuel.

H.R.5293: A bill to prohibit the imposition of unreasonable severance taxes or fees on coal or lignite mined from Federal lands.

H.R.6936: A bill to prohibit the Secretary of Energy from promulgating any federal emergency energy conservation plan which would restrict recreational boating
There's much more on the link showing his abysmal record on a woman's right to choose etc.

http://dneiwert.blogspot.com/2007/11/ron-pauls-record-in-congress.html

Werbung:
We've had 7 years of unregulated business. Even though there are laws regulating businesses in this country, Bush has refused to enforce them. And we can all see how well it works. Poisoned toys anyone?

Back