Ron Paul

Werbung:
That's one reason I post on politcal boards............to spread the word.

Unfortunately, you're pretty much preaching to the choir here. Just about everyone of a decent level of intelligence (and that includes most of us here) consider ourselves to be independents these days. Personally, I know that I'll be voting for whichever candidate I feel best represents what I want to see in the White House (and yeah, my jury's still out on who that'll be). The masses and masses of people out there who are fiercely partisan are the ones we need to reach - and they're the ones who don't go to egalitarian boards like this one.

Besides, how do you convince in idiot that stepping on his shadow won't hurt? Take my father. He's utterly convinced that every single Republican is completely and totally evil. Some are. That's not the point - the point is that he judges all candidates simply by their party affiliation. Now, I joke about that kind of thing all the time - but I'm still willing to vote for a Republican if I think he/she is the best choice for whatever job is up for grabs. But good 'ole Dad - nope, he won't even consider it.

I've been trying to reach my father on this issue for years without any luck. He's completely, firmly entrenched and there's no bringing him out of it. That's why I had a thought - this sort of thing ought to be taught in schools. That'd be the best place to begin affecting change. How? Who knows. Any thoughts?

Unfortunately, you're pretty much preaching to the choir here. Just about everyone of a decent level of intelligence (and that includes most of us here) consider ourselves to be independents these days. Personally, I know that I'll be voting for whichever candidate I feel best represents what I want to see in the White House (and yeah, my jury's still out on who that'll be). The masses and masses of people out there who are fiercely partisan are the ones we need to reach - and they're the ones who don't go to egalitarian boards like this one.

Besides, how do you convince in idiot that stepping on his shadow won't hurt? Take my father. He's utterly convinced that every single Republican is completely and totally evil. Some are. That's not the point - the point is that he judges all candidates simply by their party affiliation. Now, I joke about that kind of thing all the time - but I'm still willing to vote for a Republican if I think he/she is the best choice for whatever job is up for grabs. But good 'ole Dad - nope, he won't even consider it.

I've been trying to reach my father on this issue for years without any luck. He's completely, firmly entrenched and there's no bringing him out of it. That's why I had a thought - this sort of thing ought to be taught in schools. That'd be the best place to begin affecting change. How? Who knows. Any thoughts?

Are you saying that history, politics, etc. is no longer being taught in schools?

I not only post on the boards, but everywhere I go I talk to someone. You'd be surprised at how many people think the government is corrupt. Then you can carry the conversation forward. Even standing in line at the grocery store.

Are you saying that history, politics, etc. is no longer being taught in schools?

I not only post on the boards, but everywhere I go I talk to someone. You'd be surprised at how many people think the government is corrupt. Then you can carry the conversation forward. Even standing in line at the grocery store.

History and politics are certainly being taught in schools - and most students are so apathetic about it that they hear talk about "Democrats" and "Republicans" and they just say, "Oh, that's nice," and do that half-asleep thing that involves drooling all over their desks. The idea of an independent system, rather than a party system, is not taught in schools - or if it is it wasn't taught in my school, and you can be sure that I was not asleep during history class.

Doing whatever we can helps, like talking it up with people at grocery stores. Still, in order to affect change we need a larger statement. Damned if I know how to bring that off, but we need to figure out a way to reach that large, massed body of people that follow one party or the other - or we need to find a way to stimulate the interest of America's youth so they'd sit up in history class and realize that it matters, whereupon they'd be able to come to the conclusion that the two-party system is horribly corrupt all on their own.

Just about everyone of a decent level of intelligence (and that includes most of us here) consider ourselves to be independents these days.

You can consider yourself an independent voter all day long, but at the end of the day, when you pull that lever, and you vote for a Republican or a Democrat, then are a de facto member of that party.

You can consider yourself an independent voter all day long, but at the end of the day, when you pull that lever, and you vote for a Republican or a Democrat, then are a de facto member of that party.

So what is your solution? If a Republican or a Democratic candidate most closely represents what I value, should I not vote for him (or her)?

So did anyone watch the debate last night. I thought Ron Paul nailed the Republicans on Foreign Policy. He was the only candidate who actually said anything.

I also thought Giuliani came off as a fool. McCain rebounded. Romney's wife is probably already picking out the drapes. Romney is coming on like Clinton in the early 90's.

I understand what Ron Paul was getting at in last night's debate, and it was essentially correct. However, the place he chose to make the point was probably not the most beneficial for his campaign. The public is not use to hearing from a strict constitutionalist or someone who adheres strictly to what Geo Washington considered good foreign policy. You have to teach people about these things first, so they understand where you're coming from. He is an unknown in the mainstream of America, and he should have first done a better job of applying the Founders beliefs to current event rather than describing current events based on the Founders beliefs. Had he stated that George Washington recommended a non-intervention foreign policy, but also that once at war it must be won, he might have made a better impression. Everyone can relate to Gen George Washington winning the Revolutionary War. He could have said that after we win the war in Iraq, we will enter the next phase of the War on Terror by adjusting our foreign policy to remove some of the excuses used by terrorists such as too much intervention but balance it with a policy that says if we are attacked, we will respond in kind.

Now none of this changes the fact that Usama bin Laden is a ruthless, Islamofascist bastard.

So did anyone watch the debate last night. I thought Ron Paul nailed the Republicans on Foreign Policy. He was the only candidate who actually said anything.

I also thought Giuliani came off as a fool. McCain rebounded. Romney's wife is probably already picking out the drapes. Romney is coming on like Clinton in the early 90's.

I listened to some radio talk show today about the debate. Anything bad you could say about Ron Paul was said, but they were drooling over Giuliani. GAG!!!

Giuliani and Romney who want to torture people. Really makes me gag. In the middle-ages they had people confessing to screwing the devil.
Ron Paul was the only one in the debate who told the truth. Did you hear the audience roar their approval when Giuliani called Paul a liar. The people at the debate didn't want the truth.
He also said in response to a question about 70% of Republicans support the war:" Yes, and Republicans are only 35% of the voters."

Werbung:
I understand what Ron Paul was getting at in last night's debate, and it was essentially correct. However, the place he chose to make the point was probably not the most beneficial for his campaign. The public is not use to hearing from a strict constitutionalist or someone who adheres strictly to what Geo Washington considered good foreign policy. You have to teach people about these things first, so they understand where you're coming from. He is an unknown in the mainstream of America, and he should have first done a better job of applying the Founders beliefs to current event rather than describing current events based on the Founders beliefs. Had he stated that George Washington recommended a non-intervention foreign policy, but also that once at war it must be won, he might have made a better impression. Everyone can relate to Gen George Washington winning the Revolutionary War. He could have said that after we win the war in Iraq, we will enter the next phase of the War on Terror by adjusting our foreign policy to remove some of the excuses used by terrorists such as too much intervention but balance it with a policy that says if we are attacked, we will respond in kind.

Now none of this changes the fact that Usama bin Laden is a ruthless, Islamofascist bastard.

Ron Paul is an Unknown?

Back