Rush attacks Seals, deffends pirates?

Werbung:
I see so it was "Sarcasm" aimed at something no liberal would actuly have said anyway....so Again he is a retard...

But maybe that's why so many people listen to him, when he is a idiot, they just think its sarcasm...when really its just dumb.

First no one should come down hard on Pocket for putting this up here. He read a report of it and did not hear the words spoken - how was he to know it was sarcasm? Second, it appears that Pocket has a subscription to Rush's website that indicates a willingness to see two sides.

But mistakes do happen which is why I would now point out that plenty of liberals say stuff like that all the time. The phrase "merchant organizers" came from an AP journalist and Shaman started a whole thread in defense of the pirates (unless that was somehow sarcasm).

I try to give him the benefit of the doubt. However the number of times he's had complete knee-jerk, half informed, reactions to Rush, suggests he had prejudged everything Rush says before it's said.

Rush could say it's sunny outside, and Pocket would go on a rant about it not being sunny where he is, thus Rush must be a right wing nut who is trying to swindle the entire Republican party into believing it's sunny when it's not.

I see so it was "Sarcasm" aimed at something no liberal would actuly have said anyway....

Its interesting what you say Pocket as the comments made by Limbaugh seem to have been couched within a political framework or context whereas, as far as I can tell, there was no "political" context to the act of piracy or the authorisation for use of force to end the kidnapping of the Captain?

Some claim sarcasm....well....strange comments by Limbaugh in view of the intent behind the criminality of the Somalies. What Limbaugh fails to take on board is the fact that this is a "clear danger and present danger" not only to US shipping but world shipping that passes through the straits and out into the Indian Ocean. What concerned me was that he's now framed future policy in terms of this rather idiotic trailerpark politics that the world would not expect from the US in such a situation. With such comments he may actually exacerbing the situation by making it a cheap political confrontation out of international security.

Werbung:
Its interesting what you say Pocket as the comments made by Limbaugh seem to have been couched within a political framework or context whereas, as far as I can tell, there was no "political" context to the act of piracy or the authorisation for use of force to end the kidnapping of the Captain?

Some claim sarcasm....well....strange comments by Limbaugh in view of the intent behind the criminality of the Somalies. What Limbaugh fails to take on board is the fact that this is a "clear danger and present danger" not only to US shipping but world shipping that passes through the straits and out into the Indian Ocean. What concerned me was that he's now framed future policy in terms of this rather idiotic trailerpark politics that the world would not expect from the US in such a situation. With such comments he may actually exacerbing the situation by making it a cheap political confrontation out of international security.

Limbaugh is a commentator. I'm not sure why this is such a hard concept. Commentators do exactly this is all situations. That's simply what they do. You can't point to a political commentator anywhere that doesn't make comments (hence commentator) on the current events going on around the world.

What's more is... you have completely missed the point that OTHER commentators have said the things Rush said. He is merely repeating the voices of the left in their own ears, and it bugs them.

As stated MANY TIMES... Rush did not come up with "merchant marines". It was said by a leftist. Rush just ran with it. Rush did not say "they are only 17", it was the media that said that.

So Rush put this together to mock the media, which is what commentators do. They comment on what they see going on.

As PLC1 pointed out...
RUSH: I want to single out today, Jonah Goldberg at National Review Online for being the first that I saw to have the proper reaction to the rescue of Captain Phillips from the merchant marine organizers, and that was to congratulate President Obama for a job well done. And I think we all must agree, folks, that when Obama does something right, we gotta go out there and we've got to acknowledge it.

Rush said it was the right thing to do, and he was in full support of it. And so are the rest of us.
toon041509.gif

Are you trying to tell me that the commentators where you are do not comment on things?

Back