Rush's Hit-Piece on Huckabee

apacallyps

The Christian right (and other fed up conservatives) are supporting Mike Huckabee, but the right’s pundits are not flocking to support him, and many of them are actually trying to derail him. Case in point:

Rush's Hit-Piece on Huckabee (stick with it, audio of Rush)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-ZSSaZELM

Something is very very very very wrong with this picture. Bottom line: The best candidate for the Republican nomination is Huckabee.

Huckabee - Cinderella Man
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILPcnn9Sf94

JOIN WITH US!

Werbung:
The Christian right (and other fed up conservatives) are supporting Mike Huckabee, but the right’s pundits are not flocking to support him, and many of them are actually trying to derail him. Case in point:

Rush's Hit-Piece on Huckabee (stick with it, audio of Rush)
www.youtube.com/watch?v=tu-ZSSaZELM

Something is very very very very wrong with this picture. Bottom line: The best candidate for the Republican nomination is Huckabee.

Huckabee - Cinderella Man
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILPcnn9Sf94

JOIN WITH US!

Bottom Line-Huckabee is a religious nut, who lobbied to get a convicted rapist released (Wayne Dumond) who then went on to commit murder.

Bottom Line-Huckabee is a religious nut, who lobbied to get a convicted rapist released (Wayne Dumond) who then went on to commit murder.

Popeye, everyone has the right to be stupid but you abuse the privilege.

Am I getting smart with you? ....How would you know? :cool:

Mr. Poopy gives us the typical "talking point" propaganda warfare used against a fellow conservative who could very well be more of a conservative than they are. This provides a good look at their true colors.

The REAL problem is the Republican elites with their attacks are ruining the GOP mainstream chance of getting a President who will deal their needs and not only Wall Streets and the Insiders! Now the common people, in the person of Huckabee, are threatening to take over, and the secular right doesn't like it a bit.

A Whole New Race - SWITCH TO HUCKABEE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3BMNKqzYHc

JOIN WITH US!

Popeye, everyone has the right to be stupid but you abuse the privilege.

Am I getting smart with you? ....How would you know? :cool:

Mr. Poopy gives us the typical "talking point" propaganda warfare used against a fellow conservative who could very well be more of a conservative than they are. This provides a good look at their true colors.

The REAL problem is the Republican elites with their attacks are ruining the GOP mainstream chance of getting a President who will deal their needs and not only Wall Streets and the Insiders! Now the common people, in the person of Huckabee, are threatening to take over, and the secular right doesn't like it a bit.

A Whole New Race - SWITCH TO HUCKABEE
www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3BMNKqzYHc

JOIN WITH US!
By the way, what is Huckabuck running for anyway? Head preacher?

For someone who wants to lead the country, he can't even appear to raise children. His one son has been arrested for torturing a dog and carrying a pistol through the Little Rock airport. Must be those family values at work.

Then the Huckster goes and speaks at the church of John C. Hagee. Who has told his congregation in the past that the Beast referred to in the Bible is actually the Catholic Church and the so-called Anti-Christ is the Pope.

Huckabee, Mr. Evangelical, has also said, I quote, “A wife is to submit herself graciously to the servant leadership of her husband even as the church willingly submits to the headship of Christ."

Now I don't know about you, but some of this sounds pretty strange to me.
He's a religious fanatic, a nut, simple as that.

apacallyps, a few things:

(1) Popeye is a lib, not a member of the secular right.
(2) Make your point without debasing the level of dialogue throught childish namecalling ("poopy").
(3) At least try to address his concerns. Your above post is a perfect example of a dodge.

The best thing that can come out of this is that the fundies will lose their ability to influence the Republican party. Then it can go back to the party of DDE. When all they wanted was to get rich. Not to convince the rest of the people that it was God's will that they get rich.

Below are links to statements and research from
the campaign that state the real truth on attacks
being made on Governor Huckabee's record.

TRUTH SQUAD
www.mikehuckabee.com/?FuseAction=TruthSquad.Home

Folks, you are being lied to by the right's neocon
elite. They don't care about people like us. They're
only protecting themselves. They are fighting for
their political lives because if Huckabee wins they're
in danger of being rejected.

If family values and moral Christian backbone are
the foundation that will lead this nation out of darkness,
why are those who preached it for decades suddenly
turning away from the man who embodies these very
qualities and puts them into action. The hypocrisy is
pretty astounding, from my point of view.

TIME FOR A CHANGE!

Mike Huckabee for Commander-In-Chief
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvSgqN1kir8

JOIN WITH US!

Are there still people in this country who believe the neo-cons are religious?At least in the normal way. The god they worship is GREED. They have used the religious people in this country. I thought they had all figured that out by now.

You're right to a certain extent heyjude, the neocons for the most part are non-religious and have been using Christians for their vote. This is a well-coordinated effort to completely eliminate Huckabee. The cynicism on the right and exploitation of the evangelicals is coming back to haunt them. Now the common people, in the person of Huckabee, are threatening to take over, and the secular right doesn't like it a bit.

But, I take issue with your somewhat naive signature statement, "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross."

What you fail to understand is that the Judeo-Christian values that gave birth to YOUR Western Civilization are under attack externally by Islam and internally by secularism. Oddly, both the left and the Islamofascists function as two blades on a set of scissors, they are independent yet working together to shred the fabric of Western culture. So the longer you look for reasons to bash Christians holding their cross and opt for a non-Christian President, the faster your nation will fall. America will fall because you don’t want God in your lives even though He is the one protecting you and made you great.

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14

In 1787 Benjamin Franklin said, “I have lived, Sir, a long time and the longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth - that God governs the affairs of men - and if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the sacred writings that “except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it.” I firmly believe this.”

Using your logic most of the founding fathers were raving fascists because if we look at history they carried their cross more firmly than most living today. Would you please reconsider your signature. Your helping to harm your own nation.

My Tribute to the Founding Fathers
http://www.interviewwithgod.com/patriotic/patrioticwebstream.swf

A bracing text for this Christmas week is the famous correspondence between John Adams and Thomas Jefferson. Their letters are a reminder that the Founders were men of the Enlightenment -- supreme rationalists who would have found the religiosity of much of our modern political life quite abhorrent.

It's not that these men didn't have religious beliefs: They were, to their deaths, passionate seekers of truth, metaphysical as well as physical. It's that their beliefs didn't fit into pious cubbyholes. Indeed, the deist Jefferson took a pair of scissors to the New Testament to create his "Jefferson Bible," or, formally, "The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth," which cut out the parts he regarded as supernatural or misinterpreted by the Gospel writers.

It's useful to examine the musings of these American rationalists in this political season when religion has been a prominent topic. Politicians and commentators have suggested that for the Founders, the very idea of freedom was God-given -- or, as the Declaration of Independence puts it, that human beings are "endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights." Yet this famous passage begins with a distillation of the Enlightenment's celebration of human reason: "We hold these truths to be self-evident."

My Christmastime reading of the Adams-Jefferson letters was prompted by this year's most interesting political speech but one I also found troubling -- Mitt Romney's Dec. 6 speech on "Faith in America." It was a fine evocation of our twin heritage of religion and religious freedom, until he got to this ritual denunciation of the bogeymen known as secularists. "They seek to remove from the public domain any acknowledgment of God. Religion is seen as merely a private affair with no place in public life. It is as if they are intent on establishing a new religion in America -- the religion of secularism."

Anyone who reads Adams and Jefferson -- or for that matter, Benjamin Franklin, James Madison, Alexander Hamilton or other voices of the American Enlightenment -- can make their own judgment about what the Founders would say about Romney's broadside against secularism. My guess is that their response would be something like: "That is bunkum, sir."

Many of the Founders liked to speak of the "God of Nature," notes Garrett Epps, a professor of constitutional law at the University of Oregon. Adams used this term in a June 20, 1815, letter to Jefferson: "The question before the human race is, whether the God of nature shall govern the world by His own laws, or whether priests and kings shall rule it by fictitious miracles?" Adams mistrusted priests and kings, but he was also skeptical of the revolutionary philosophers who had overthrown them in France. He spent his life looking for a middle ground.

Jefferson spoke in a May 5, 1817, letter of "true religion" as based on "moral precepts, innate in man," and the "sublime doctrine of philanthropism and deism taught us by Jesus of Nazareth." He contrasted this true faith with "sectarian dogmas." If the sectarian version prevailed, warned Jefferson, then he might agree with Adams's speculation that "this would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in it."

Before leaving these restless men and their ruminations on man and God in what one editor of the letters called "an epistolary duet," let us recall this caustic Nov. 4, 1816, missive from Adams: "We have now, it seems, a national Bible Society, to propagate King James's Bible through all nations. Would it not be better to apply these pious subscriptions to purify Christendom from the corruptions of Christianity than to propagate those corruptions in Europe, Asia, Africa, and America?"

The Founders certainly believed in God, but for most of them, their faith was a deeply private matter, as Jefferson put it in a Jan. 11, 1817, letter, a subject "known to my God and myself alone." Indeed, they found loud, public displays of religiosity a profanation of this inner and spiritual practice of religion. Adams, the more conventionally "religious" of the two, insisted in a Sept. 14, 1813, letter that there is "but one being who can understand the universe, and that it is not only vain but wicked for insects to pretend to comprehend it."

One theme in this year's political campaign has been whether the United States will move from the faith-based policies the Bush administration has celebrated to a more rationalist and secular approach. In this debate, religious conservatives like to stress their connection to the Founders and to the republic's birth as "one nation under God." But a rereading of the Adams-Jefferson letters is a reminder that in this debate, the Founders -- as men of the Enlightenment -- would surely have sided with the party of Reason.

The writer is co-host ofPostGlobal, an online discussion of international issues. His e-mail address isdavidignatius@washpost.com. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/26/AR2007122601486.html

I could not say this better than Ignatius did. He is right. And religion is not needed for freedom. Most European countries are very free and secular.

But, I take issue with your somewhat naive signature statement, "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross."

What you fail to understand is that the Judeo-Christian values that gave birth to YOUR Western Civilization are under attack externally by Islam and internally by secularism. Oddly, both the left and the Islamofascists function as two blades on a set of scissors, they are independent yet working together to shred the fabric of Western culture. So the longer you look for reasons to bash Christians holding their cross and opt for a non-Christian President, the faster your nation will fall. America will fall because you don’t want God in your lives even though He is the one protecting you and made you great.

You are only proving the 'naive' statement with your answer. You believe that it is not facism as long as it is protecting the western way of life and your own religion.

God has never protected me as far as I know either.

Using your logic most of the founding fathers were raving fascists because if we look at history they carried their cross more firmly than most living today. Would you please reconsider your signature. Your helping to harm your own nation.

You obviously don't have any understanding on what fascism is, or what logic is apparently being used. Fascism is not being religious, and your founding fathers were anything but fascists, promoting real freedom, something your nation is increasingly seeing go down the plughole.

If family values and moral Christian backbone are
the foundation that will lead this nation out of darkness...

IMHO, religious fundamentalism inhibits progress in the nation, and helps keep us in darkness.

I find it hillarious the way that the Republican Party now finds itself hoisted by its own petard. There are millions of moderate Republicans who, while somewhat embarrassed by the [strikeout]mad ravings[/strikeout] unique perspective of the religious right, were nevertheless happy to look the other way as long as they got their tax cuts and special provisions and subsidies. Now the beast is at the door, demanding to be fed. I love it.

I'd SO love to see Huckabee get the nomination. For one it would mean a landslide for any Democratic candidate of Goldwateresque proportions. For another we'd all get to enjoy the spectacle of Huckabee desperately backpedalling from the preacher-like role he adopts while speaking before partisan crowds.

I'm waiting for the "liberal media" to ask Huckabee if he believes in The Rapture, and if so, how that belief affects his foreign policy, especially with regards to the Middle East.

Does he believe in The End Times and how does that affect his domestic policies, especially getting our fiscal house in order and protecting the environment for future generations?

In an interview with David Brody, Mike Huckabee talks about the private contempt that the moneycon-driven Republican Party has for evangelicals like him:

They were more than happy for us to come to the rallies and stand in lines for hours to cheer on the candidates, appreciated us putting up the yard signs, going out and putting out the cards on peoples doors and making phone calls to the phone banks and — really appreciated all of our votes. But when they got elected, behind closed doors, they would laugh at us and speak with scorn and derision that we were, as one article I think once said "the easily led." So there's been almost this sort of, it's okay if you guys get a seat on the bus, but don't ever think about telling us where the bus is going to go.
source

Liberals are honest in their opposition to the agenda and ideology of religious fundamentalists. Not so Republican Party leaders. At least, that's what Mike Huckabee says.

I'm so happy that this fact is now so openly on display.

Werbung:
Here's Huckabee explaining that God is personally backing his candidacy:

http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/13838.html

STUDENT: Recent polls show you surging… What do you attribute this surge to?

HUCKABEE: There’s only one explanation for it, and it’s not a human one. It’s the same power that helped a little boy with two fish and five loaves feed a crowd of five thousand people. (Applause) That’s the only way that our campaign can be doing what it’s doing. And I’m not being facetious nor am I trying to be trite. There literally are thousands of people across this country who are praying that a little will become much, and it has. And it defies all explanation, it has confounded the pundits. And I’m enjoying every minute of them trying to figure it out, and until they look at it, from a, just experience beyond human, they’ll never figure it out. And it’s probably just as well. That’s honestly why it’s happening.

My god...

Back