Scotland: if the UK leave the EU....

Werbung:
Scotland do have oil off their shores, that is true but when you weigh up the pro's and con's of leaving the UK, I don't think that even the oil is going to make much of a difference for them. Having said that, we might find out sooner than we think as Sturgeon once again as talked about wanting to start the ball rolling for another referendum and it's getting to the point where even a lot of the English are saying if you wan't to leave then just leave. Oh, but if they do go then they are going to be on their own and independence means just that, they will cut all ties they have with us and I think that is a prospect that they aren't willing to do.

The issue is the Scots want to leave on their terms and to keep the things they need and get rid of the things they don't want. In the grand scheme, it's a small fish in the EU and won't survive. Oil is not an industry that the majority of the Scots are involved in, so you need to look at what the natives actually do. Much of the land is farmed, or people rent out properties for tourism.

Most Scots aren't sure and are more worried about their pensions and NHS rather than independence right now. I doubt Sturgeon would get much support now,

Werbung:
She won't get any support.
Us English own all the sterling in the UK - if Scotland leaves, we are well within our right to say, "We'll have all of our money back, get your own". This instantly puts Scotland in a massive, massive dilemma as they won't have any money.
This would be interesting to see.

Let them go - they would collapse within 48 hours.

Back