Should Cinco de Mayo be celebrated in America?

steveox

I say no! Its an mexican independance day when Mexico declared its independence from Spain. It should be celebrated in their country not in america.A lot of illegals celebrate it here in america.I would like to see a law no promoting Cinco de Mayo in america.Any one celebrates this on May 5th in any american city or town faces a fine of $500 plus 5 days in jail.

Werbung:

Then don't celebrate it.
But it's not up to you to say what I can or can't celebrate in America.
Besides what is not good about a country declaring independence from empires? Seems to me Mexico, India, and every other country that kicked colonialists out should be a cause for celebration in the country that started the trend.

I would like to see a law no promoting Cinco de Mayo in america.

awww... does that mean I will no longer be able to have my birthday celebrated? How terrible :eek:

Also with Easter/spring break: the origins of that occured in the middle east too.

And Valentine's day, I believe it was a Roman who kicked that one off...

This multicultural melting pot mentality will be the end of our country and the principles it was founded on! :p

Cinco de Mayo is not an American holiday tradition. America was founded by english people first and the english bought religion with em. Everyone of those quakers settlers bought a bible with em. Thats how we celebrated christmas and easter.So if an holiday is un american it shouldnt be celebrated here in america.

English people come to America, celebrate Christmas.
Jews come to America, celebrate hanukkah.
Mexicans come to America, celebrate Cinco de Mayo.

Um....America wasn't "founded' by English people. It was stolen by them. I guess we ban everything but the Sun Dance, now, huh? :D

Cinco de Mayo is not an American holiday tradition. America was founded by english people first and the english bought religion with em. Everyone of those quakers settlers bought a bible with em. Thats how we celebrated christmas and easter.So if an holiday is un american it shouldnt be celebrated here in america.

You really don't know much about history, do you? The US was founded by white people, but America was settled first by the indigenous people upon whom we committed genocide so that we could steal their land.

Ever wonder why america is fighting each other now? Its because of traditions ruined. Marrage is supposed to be between a man and a woman not a man and a man or a woman and a woman.
Like Cities are Banning christmas decorations and you cant have a Nativity displayed on your property. You cant sing christmas carols in school. You should go back to the 1950s and learn how people got along with each other and respected one another like they used too.

Believe it or not there were problems in the 50's too Steve. Time are changing, and you can change with it or stay stuck in the past.

Ever wonder why america is fighting each other now? Its because of traditions ruined. Marrage is supposed to be between a man and a woman not a man and a man or a woman and a woman.
Like Cities are Banning christmas decorations and you cant have a Nativity displayed on your property. You cant sing christmas carols in school. You should go back to the 1950s and learn how people got along with each other and respected one another like they used too.

You mean like when it was acceptable to beat your children and your wife? When blacks had to use the back door and separate drinking fountains?
When people's lives were destroyed because of McCarthy?

No thanks.

Last I knew it was perfectly legal to have a Nativity scene on your lawn--unless you live somewhere with a neighborhood charter.

Werbung:
You mean like when it was acceptable to beat your children and your wife? When blacks had to use the back door and separate drinking fountains?
When people's lives were destroyed because of McCarthy?

No thanks.

Last I knew it was perfectly legal to have a Nativity scene on your lawn--unless you live somewhere with a neighborhood charter.

Thats why Kids are commiting crimes. Lack of disapline from parents cause the government says you cant whack em.Go see Californias laws for example you cant whack little kids cause they misbehave in public.Cause if you whack kids in a grocery store someone can call child services on ya or make an citinzens arrest on ya.

Back